Dolphins Bills Matchups...What the "experts" are saying...

OCinBuffalo

Analysis. For example:

Fox's Simulator Preview

Hmmm. Let's see what's missing here. How about the fact that our O line can now pass protect anybody? I think the single biggest reason for this is Preston replacing Fowler. Last game it was so obvious: the change gave the entire line the ability to focus more on their guy and stop having to look inside to help Fowler = no sacks. Whittle will do fine. What's different this game from last? Miaimi's secondary is way worse than SD's even though they are ranked higher.

Consider: TE standing in the pocket and throwing without getting touched all game + Lynch and Jackson vs. anything Ronnie Brown does. It's not even close. This analysis basically ignores our side of the equation and has a single-minded focus on Brown. We can simply score too fast on their D for their O to keep up = the end of the Ronnie Brown on the ground argument and the beginning of Pennington having to pass from behind on the scoreboard...and that's if they don't turn it over.

This is another "pass sets up the run" game. 80% of Miami's fans admit they can't stop the deep ball. If they can't get to us due to the O line, and Lee Evans is allowed to run freely, this game is over before it starts. <--There's the only analysis that matters, and the real "key to the game". If we set up to go deep most of the time, and they double Lee(which might not work either) = they will have to unless they want the score to be 28-0 at halftime, that means it's also going to be a career day for Roscoe, Reed, and even Hardy. Who's going to cover them? Joey Porter? Never mind all that free space for Royal, Shouman, Lynch and Jackson to catch screen passes, 7 yard outs, etc.

I noticed that they completely forgot to talk about how good our special teams are, and how bad Miami's are = why they lost to the Texans, of all teams. Once again this is a no-contest match-up. What else is there to say?

Finally this analysis falls down once again regarding turnovers. Our secondary is far and away the best they will play all year. We can leave our CBs in single coverage = blitz = sacks, fumbles, picks, and general chaos. This game is set up to be a turnover stat machine for us, like it has been the last 2 years, only surpassed by the Jets with Pennington. Thinking that Miami won't give the ball up at least twice is silly. Again, is anyone trying to say that SD's offense is worse than Miami's? Well, SD gave it up 3 times.

The only thing that might save the Dolphins is serious mistakes on our part, or them getting ahead by a TD/keeping things tied, thus keeping Brown in the game. But, this single-minded, simple-minded, Ronnie Brown plan also means the Bills have only one thing to worry about = Ronnie will be sitting in the ice bath till next Thursday because he will be getting hit by 5 guys every play.

Analysis. For example:

Fox's Simulator Preview

Hmmm. Let's see what's missing here. How about the fact that our O line can now pass protect anybody? I think the single biggest reason for this is Preston replacing Fowler. Last game it was so obvious: the change gave the entire line the ability to focus more on their guy and stop having to look inside to help Fowler = no sacks. Whittle will do fine. What's different this game from last? Miaimi's secondary is way worse than SD's even though they are ranked higher.

Consider: TE standing in the pocket and throwing without getting touched all game + Lynch and Jackson vs. anything Ronnie Brown does. It's not even close. This analysis basically ignores our side of the equation and has a single-minded focus on Brown. We can simply score too fast on their D for their O to keep up = the end of the Ronnie Brown on the ground argument and the beginning of Pennington having to pass from behind on the scoreboard...and that's if they don't turn it over.

This is another "pass sets up the run" game. 80% of Miami's fans admit they can't stop the deep ball. If they can't get to us due to the O line, and Lee Evans is allowed to run freely, this game is over before it starts. <--There's the only analysis that matters, and the real "key to the game". If we set up to go deep most of the time, and they double Lee(which might not work either) = they will have to unless they want the score to be 28-0 at halftime, that means it's also going to be a career day for Roscoe, Reed, and even Hardy. Who's going to cover them? Joey Porter? Never mind all that free space for Royal, Shouman, Lynch and Jackson to catch screen passes, 7 yard outs, etc.

I noticed that they completely forgot to talk about how good our special teams are, and how bad Miami's are = why they lost to the Texans, of all teams. Once again this is a no-contest match-up. What else is there to say?

Finally this analysis falls down once again regarding turnovers. Our secondary is far and away the best they will play all year. We can leave our CBs in single coverage = blitz = sacks, fumbles, picks, and general chaos. This game is set up to be a turnover stat machine for us, like it has been the last 2 years, only surpassed by the Jets with Pennington. Thinking that Miami won't give the ball up at least twice is silly. Again, is anyone trying to say that SD's offense is worse than Miami's? Well, SD gave it up 3 times.

The only thing that might save the Dolphins is serious mistakes on our part, or them getting ahead by a TD/keeping things tied, thus keeping Brown in the game. But, this single-minded, simple-minded, Ronnie Brown plan also means the Bills have only one thing to worry about = Ronnie will be sitting in the ice bath till next Thursday because he will be getting hit by 5 guys every play.

Obviously you havent seen Miami play recently and your overly optimistic about our team. The fact is whether you want to believe it or not is going to be a close game neither team is going to blow out the other and will most likely come down to who has the last possession of the game. I believ the Bills can pull it out by 3.

But...but... they have the "Wildcat" Offense. :thumbsup:

i really thought these retarded posts were finally gone

It wasn't a, what you call retarded, post. It was a statement about the media and other so called football people giving credence to a gimicky offense that has run it's course, while not giving the Bills enough credit as being a good team. I know that that might be a little too deep for you to see. Lay off the booze, it makes you too angry.

It wasn't a, what you call retarded, post. It was a statement about the media and other so called football people giving credence to a gimicky offense that has run it's course, while not giving the Bills enough credit as being a good team. I know that that might be a little too deep for you to see. Lay off the booze, it makes you too angry.

you clearly didnt get it tough guy, you havent been around long enough to understand what i was referring to so maybe you should keep your trap shut instead of talking about things you clearly have no clue about

you clearly didnt get it tough guy, you havent been around long enough to understand what i was referring to so maybe you should keep your trap shut instead of talking about things you clearly have no clue about

By your response I obviously don't. I thought ax4782's post was both witty and inciteful while being succinct as well. I humbly bow down and back out of the room.

Obviously you havent seen Miami play recently and your overly optimistic about our team. The fact is whether you want to believe it or not is going to be a close game neither team is going to blow out the other and will most likely come down to who has the last possession of the game. I believ the Bills can pull it out by 3.

I have seen Miami play as much as I am able via videos on NFL.com, etc. The fact is? What fact? What fact are you talking about? There isn't a single fact in your post, or anything that could be construed as an argument that backs up this so-called fact you are laying down.

I say it's a blow out. I say they will have no way of stopping our O for the reasons I have already mentioned, and that takes Ronnie Brown right out of the game. How about one fact that contradicts anything I have said?

Better yet, meet me here after the game, and we will discuss the facts. The Dolphins are 2-4 for a reason, that's a fact. And, they will be 2-5 for the reasons I have mentioned. Lee Evans = 150 yard game. Let's see if that's a fact tomorrow afternoon. I'll be here right or wrong, unless I'm still at the bar celebrating the blowout, and that's a fact.

I would be surprised if this game is a blowout on either side

Miami is improved from last year and appear to be on the way up but like any team on the way up they are inconsistent. I watched the majority of the Phins Texans game and they looked good times and bad at others.

Miami is better against the run then the pass so if the Bills are going to do damage it will most likely be through the air

I think the Bills will win but it will be closer then a lot of people think

Whoa Max....you are making much to do about nothing here I think. He explained himself and you followed it up with anohter insult.

Whoa Max....you are making much to do about nothing here I think. He explained himself and you followed it up with anohter insult.

Whoa John, maybe you should check again...I quoted two posts in this thread and they were by two different people

this is the line I have the biggest problem with:

He (Brown) is the most dynamic player on either team and, as the Patriots found out, he can essentially beat a team by himself.

I take nothing away from Brown in this game..he had a great game...but these stupid reporters need to remember that no team had practiced, watched tape or even thought about the type of offense that Miami used that day...if it was any other team that Miami had done this to, and not the 18 - 1 "god like" Pats*, they wouldnt be talking about it as much..everyone has seen how well it has worked for Miami since teams can now study it and practice for it.

this is the line I have the biggest problem with:

I take nothing away from Brown in this game..he had a great game...but these stupid reporters need to remember that no team had practiced, watched tape or even thought about the type of offense that Miami used that day...if it was any other team that Miami had done this to, and not the 18 - 1 "god like" Pats*, they wouldnt be talking about it as much..everyone has seen how well it has worked for Miami since teams can now study it and practice for it.

The most dynamic player, on either team, is Roscoe Parrish.

Analysis. For example:

Fox's Simulator Preview

Hmmm. Let's see what's missing here. How about the fact that our O line can now pass protect anybody? I think the single biggest reason for this is Preston replacing Fowler. Last game it was so obvious: the change gave the entire line the ability to focus more on their guy and stop having to look inside to help Fowler = no sacks.

It's just impossible to continue reading beyond this point. You're basing this on a sample size of 1 game when the pass protection was good last year?

Take your machismo somewhere else you asshat.

You make me sick.

I have seen Miami play as much as I am able via videos on NFL.com, etc. The fact is? What fact? What fact are you talking about? There isn't a single fact in your post, or anything that could be construed as an argument that backs up this so-called fact you are laying down.

I say it's a blow out. I say they will have no way of stopping our O for the reasons I have already mentioned, and that takes Ronnie Brown right out of the game. How about one fact that contradicts anything I have said?

Better yet, meet me here after the game, and we will discuss the facts. The Dolphins are 2-4 for a reason, that's a fact. And, they will be 2-5 for the reasons I have mentioned. Lee Evans = 150 yard game. Let's see if that's a fact tomorrow afternoon. I'll be here right or wrong, unless I'm still at the bar celebrating the blowout, and that's a fact.

the fact was it was going to be a close game. the fact was whether you believe its going to be a close game or not. The only thing i was stating is i have seen Miami play in their entirety and they are not as bad as their record and proved today with their win over us. So you said right or wrong youd be here.

I was right and you were wrong!