London just start of NFL's international plan

BillsWatch

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/27329175/

Canada, and specifically Toronto, is the ideal international expansion city. And many believe it just is a matter of time before the Bills cross the border and call Toronto home. The Bills committed to play a series of eight games over five years at Rogers Centre in Toronto. They played the first of the eight, a preseason game in Toronto in August, and are scheduled to play the Dolphins there Dec. 7. Toronto is the ideal location for an NFL team. The fan base could be huge. And having a team there would open up the door to another potentially lucrative revenue stream: Canadian television.

Nice photo of Kawika Mitchell on article but the Canada stuff is just a rehash; I do not think it is part of the International plans of NFL although it may qualify Bills and prevent them from having to play overseas.

Is Toronto really "the ideal location for an NFL team"? I might believe that, if they could show were at least a decent city for a CLF team.

Toronto is the ideal location for a team due to money - the NFL is not concerned with number of fans in seats but TV rights and selling of such things as club seats especially PSLs and local advertising.

Toronto is the ideal location for a team due to money - the NFL is not concerned with number of fans in seats but TV rights and selling of such things as club seats especially PSLs and local advertising.

What are the Argos ratings like, in Toronto? I'm sure a team in Toronto would help the NFL increase their deal with CTV/CBC/Rogers, or whoever they have deals with. But, it could cut into the US ratings for the nets they already have deals with.

Yesterday on 97 rock, I heard an ad, buy your tickets for the Bills vs Dolphins game before they are all gone!!!!!

UM I thought from all the Rodgers /Lind hype they were going to sell out as a 8 game package. Now they have trouble selling a single game!

Ralph pulled a good one$

And having a team there would open up the door to another potentially lucrative revenue stream: Canadian television.

I'm not so sure the NFL wants to try getting into the Canadian TV market. They'll have a hard time competing with Curling and Yodeling championships

I'm not so sure the NFL wants to try getting into the Canadian TV market. They'll have a hard time competing with Curling and Yodeling championships

:thumbsup:

Curling is NOT what it used to be. I hate the new push brooms. The game was far better with the slapping of the old brooms on the ice. The "sexy" is totally gone, from curling.