Screwy racist repulicon right

McCain campaign worker claims assault by black man, turns out the woman staged the whole thing. Desperate times for the GOP fringe.

Lets talk about people who are supporting The One have had to say about Sarah Pailin.

Ill start first...the day she got the gig, Bill Maher called her a "waitress".

Lets talk about people who are supporting The One have had to say about Sarah Pailin.

Ill start first...the day she got the gig, Bill Maher called her a "waitress".

1. Bill Maher is a comedian. That's his job. To make jokes.

2. She was a waitress. That said, most of the waitresses I have ever met, which number in the thousands considering my drinking habits, are a lot more informed than Sarah Palin. So it may not have been fair to waitresses to slam them like that.

1. Bill Maher is a comedian. That's his job. To make jokes.

2. She was a waitress. That said, most of the waitresses I have ever met, which number in the thousands considering my drinking habits, are a lot more informed than Sarah Palin. So it may not have been fair to waitresses to slam them like that.

The old, tired "but when we do its satire" line.

Yeah....THAT makes it right.

How about those hot "Sarah Palin is a c--nt" shirts?

How about the people having their house shot at because of McCain Palin signs?

How about the local Black Republican politician that has had severe burns because someone tied a mattress under his truck, which caught fire?

The old, tired "but when we do its satire" line.

Yeah....THAT makes it right.

How about those hot "Sarah Palin is a c--nt" shirts?

Those are intolerable in my opinion.

I think anyone on the street should never use that word. It's the equivalent of the N-word to me, from anyone. Worse, perhaps.

People are stupid and insufferable at times on both sides. I do, however, make a distinction with comedians. Bill Maher is no different than Leno or Letterman who bash politicians unmercifully all the time. Since he's a little more crass, as well as on HBO, he says stronger things and often swears. It's your right to hate his guts for his views, although I very much doubt you would hate him if he was saying things like Dennis Miller does, like Kerry and Edwards had a homosexual relationship (not that there is anything wrong with that :) But it's still their jobs to make jokes and be commentators.

McCain campaign worker claims assault by black man, turns out the woman staged the whole thing. Desperate times for the GOP fringe.
I took one look at her photo with the "backwards B", and immediately thought to myself "This idiot scraped herself with a spoon handle while looking at herself in a mirror. What a tool."

I took one look at her photo with the "backwards B", and immediately thought to myself "This idiot scraped herself with a spoon handle while looking at herself in a mirror. What a tool."

She was a Ron Paulbot. Her myspace page, before it was locked, mentioned Ron Paul 3 times and no mention of McCain.

They're on the rack next to the "Obama is a Terrorist" shirts right?

I move in mainstream but politically-active circles. I have never heard my Republican friends say anything about Obama being a Muslim, a terrorist etc. They are not idiots. Generally, they say nothing about Obama personally, and among themselves only talk about the economic policies and what's happened to the media. They are too cowed to talk politics in public. On the other hand, I hear my Democrat firends saying things in mixed company like "Bush and Cheney are war criminals" and "Republicans are racists who are planning on rigging the election" all the time. Literally, the leftwing fringe crap comes out all the time, it's been mainstreamed.

(I think the Daley show and other comedy shows are the primary reason for this.)

This is really interesting from Frank Rich:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/26/opinion/...l?th&emc=th

Nor is America’s remaining racism all that it once was, or that the McCain camp has been hoping for it to be. There are even “racists for Obama,” as Politico labels the phenomenon: White Americans whose distrust of black people in general crumbles when they actually get to know specific black people, including a presidential candidate who extends a genuine helping hand in a time of national crisis.

The original “racist for Obama,” after all, was none other than Obama’s own white, Kansas-raised grandmother, the gravely ill Madelyn Dunham, whom he visited in Hawaii on Friday. In “Dreams From My Father,” Obama wrote of how shaken he was when he learned of her overwhelming fear of black men on the street. But he weighed that reality against his unshakeable love for her and hers for him, and he got past it.

When Obama cited her in his speech on race last spring, the right immediately accused him of “throwing his grandmother under the bus.” But Obama’s critics were merely projecting their own racial hang-ups. He still loves his grandmother. He was merely speaking candidly and generously — like an adult — about the strange, complex and ever-changing racial dynamics of America. He hit a chord because many of us have had white relatives of our own like his, and we, too, see them in full and often love them anyway.