Ray Lewis

ajzepp

This guy started off several years ago with the Atlanta night club controversy.....and I'm not making any statements pertaining to him personally, as I don't know him in that manner. But as far as a professional football player? He is the most impactful, aggressive, intense player in the NFL. He calls it like it is, and he talks what he walks. This guy is an entire defense all by himself. I just read the post-game quotes about how he was talkign to Willis......a lot of guys would be talking crap to the opposing team....what does Ray Lewis say? "Get up, man.....work harder!" ......that is to OUR guy!

where did you read the post game comments?

83686[/snapback]

Here ya go..... http://www.baltimoreravens.com/template.ph...&section_id=109

WILLIS MCGAHEE

(On whether or not he should be the featured back)

”I’m just sitting and waiting. When my number is called, I go out and play.”

(On whether he was surprised to get so many carries in the second half)

“No, not really. When you run the ball and do a good job, whoever’s in there, stays in there, when you’re moving the ball.”

(On what Ray Lewis said to him during the game)

“When he tackled me, he kept saying ‘get up, come on, come on’. He kept pushing me, telling me to ‘get up dog, don’t lay there – just keep going, work harder.’

(On the running game in the red zone)

“I think everything has to get going, as far as not making mistakes. Just execute and play.”

(On whether he should be the featured back)

“You have to talk to the coaches in that situation. [You have to do] whatever gets the ball downfield. If you’re passing, pass the ball down the field as long as it’s working.”

This guy started off several years ago with the Atlanta night club controversy.....and I'm not making any statements pertaining to him personally, as I don't know him in that manner. But as far as a professional football player? He is the most impactful, aggressive, intense player in the NFL. He calls it like it is, and he talks what he walks. This guy is an entire defense all by himself.  I just read the post-game quotes about how he was talkign to Willis......a lot of guys would be talking crap to the opposing team....what does Ray Lewis say? "Get up, man.....work harder!"  ......that is to OUR guy!

83675[/snapback]

People from the U stick together.

But I agree. Ray Ray got a real bad rap from the Atlanta thing (talk about an arcane law!) but he is a truly great player and, more importantly, a CLASSY player.

Thanks a lot, you are right, Lewis is a gamer, dont care for him off the field, but he is the ultimate football player!!

83696[/snapback]

That's the thing. He got a bad rep from an incident which wasn't his fault in Atlanta.

Any interview I have ever read from a player or coach or fan talking about Ray off the field has never said an ill word about the man. He is a classy guy.