2008 Buffalo Bills Tribute

Steve Winwood in full effect... now peeeep dis!

It used to seem to me

That our offense ran on too fast

And we had to take it slowly

Just to make the good parts last

But when youre born to run

Its so hard to just slow down

when the AFC is so demanding

So dont be surprised to see us

Back at the top of the standings

We'll be back in the high life again

All the doors Donahoe closed one time will open up again

We'll be back in the high life again

All the eyes that watched us once will smile and take us in

And Trent will dink and dunk then gun one to Lee

Let us purge our memory of Flutie

And we'll be a sight to see

Back in the high life again

We used to be the best

To conquer division and AFC

And I hope that illusive win is still out there

And youre like you used to be

We'll have ourselves a time

And well dance til the morning sun

And well let the good times come in

And we wont stop til were done

Well be back in the high life again

And Trent will dink and dunk and gun one to Lee

And have the world so easily

And oh well be a sight to see

And well drink and dance with one hand free

And have the world so easily

And oh well be a sight to see

You're preaching to the choir. Love me some Traffic, Blind Faith, and Spencer Dave. Saw him last year at the Crossroads with Clapton. Life changer.

I was pissed at Winwood for years. Threw away a great career in a dirty money grab. His solo stuff was SO beneath his talent.

I hear he has come around and gone back to the classic old tunes. Alas, I feel it is simply another money grab, as he realizes nobody cares to hear his solos garbage, anymore, but everyone still wants to hear Traffic, Blind Faith, etc. I'm told his last effort was good, but haven't worked up the nerve to try it. I don't want to be disgusted again.

I was pissed at Winwood for years. Threw away a great career in a dirty money grab. His solo stuff was SO beneath his talent.

I hear he has come around and gone back to the classic old tunes. Alas, I feel it is simply another money grab, as he realizes nobody cares to hear his solos garbage, anymore, but everyone still wants to hear Traffic, Blind Faith, etc. I'm told his last effort was good, but haven't worked up the nerve to try it. I don't want to be disgusted again.

Maybe he needed the money, but you are right. Traffic was great, I have a double CD with their greatest hits, awesome.

I have nothing to contribute, other than you two will appreciate my quote line.

Outstanding!

Just want to throw in my three cent as an old Traffic fan. Recently downloaded "John Barleycorn Must Die" to my iPod--it has two bonus tracks never released, one of them pretty good. I've indoctrinated my 14-year-old daughter, who knows the words to "Shanghai Noodle Factory"--we sing along.

Just want to throw in my three cent as an old Traffic fan. Recently downloaded "John Barleycorn Must Die" to my iPod--it has two bonus tracks never released, one of them pretty good. I've indoctrinated my 14-year-old daughter, who knows the words to "Shanghai Noodle Factory"--we sing along.

Teaching her well, Doc.

Just a note--if you like Winwood, you might like this new Scottish singer--he's only twenty or so--who on some songs sounds remarkably like early Winwood. His name is Paolo Nutini. His "New Shoes" is an almost perfect pop song, IMHO.

http://www.paolonutini.com/

Normally, I am not a pop fan, but that is a really good song and Paolo just might be OK. I liked it from the first time I heard it on the commercial. The back story is cool, too.