Joe McCain's 911 Call

Thanks for answering my question, hypocrite

...though how about we give rebate checks to people that dont pay any taxes. That'll get'em motivated!!

They pay plenty of taxes, just not Federal Income Tax, and most don't itemize nor are eligible to. But they pay plenty of Fed taxes including gas tax, withholding tax, medicare etc.

So keep repeating your commie/soviet styled misinformation, but it just is not true. You practicing to join the new KGB as an information officer under Putin??? :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the Gov. is so smart. Why dont they look to their own first? Why not cut Gov. waste FIRST?

Disclaimer for the idiots:

I also believe that the needy need to be helped. ONLY the needy. Not the lazy.

Clinton did, balanced the budget and created the greatest expansion this country has ever seen and Bush and the Republicans reversed the reductions in the bureaucracy and started one of the greatest find a job for a Republican hack this country has ever seen and then he started an unnecessary war to expand another even more wasteful bureaucracy the American military support network we call military contractors otherwise known as beltway bandits...

Now look at where Bush is leaving the economy and you want more of the McSame????

They pay plenty of taxes, just not Federal Income Tax, and most don't itemize nor are eligible to. But they pay plenty of Fed taxes including gas tax, withholding tax, medicare etc.

So keep repeating your commie/soviet styled misinformation, but it just is not true. You practicing to join the new KGB as an information officer under Putin??? :D

Kinda funny you talk about repeating myself. Have you read you brothers here, and you too????. Too funny.

Clinton did, balanced the budget and created the greatest expansion this country has ever seen and Bush and the Republicans reversed the reductions in the bureaucracy and started one of the greatest find a job for a Republican hack this country has ever seen and then he started an unnecessary war to expand another even more wasteful bureaucracy the American military support network we call military contractors otherwise known as beltway bandits...

Now look at where Bush is leaving the economy and you want more of the McSame????

You want a medal? While I wont getting into splitting hairs right now, thats not what I asked.

Pay attention.

You want a medal? While I wont getting into splitting hairs right now, thats not what I asked.

Pay attention.

I was, that is what you were complaining about not being done.... we did it and the Republicans screwed it up... Oh you want it done again.... okay then... P.S. I am not going to follow that up with then vote for Obama. The court is still in session on "that one." :D , okay, we agree less government.... I just probably wouldn't agree with what type of less government, but I do think we need less. :D

P.S. Identified fraud and abuse makes up only .1 percent of the overall budget from figures I have seen quoted... but a 100 million here or there pretty soon we are talking real money.

The waste side is in the eye of the beholder. The problem is even Palin didn't return the funding from the bridge to nowhere, though it wasspent on other things, that should be considered waste. The $12 mil, I saved Iowa State for a Pig Research facility that was never turned into one because it couldn't get the research dollars because the same facility was built in NC, should have been rescinded. There are plenty of current examples, and I would like to see us go back to the line item veto. Also, each appropriations should specify what it is being used for, not generally to try and avoid being called pork. :D

This GOP tactic attempts to describe so specifically the purpose of the money, but not the who, location and its justification, but because of this language it could not be used for much else. A little cooperation from the admin. when implementing and a wink and a nod, viola, even more pork that can't be identified.... One of those dirty little secrets on the HILL.

We started with a post about JM's asshat of a brother who apparently doesn't know what 911 is for and who says, "F--- you" to 911 operators.... and it turns into a sh--fest about who cares less about different branches of their family tree, far and wide, and vagaries about tax policy.

In these last couple of weeks, this campaign is going to be dirty. A lot of the dirt coming from one side in particular as they get desperate. And it's not the heads of the campaigns that are doing or ordering this... it's just ordinary people who get caught up in the bullsh-- and fear-mongering and voice their opinions sprinkled in with a few things they think they know. They get pent up with endorphins and righteous indignation and there it spews in public for all to see. 'Obama's going to take away our dogs, our guns and give all our money to crack whores!' or 'McCain's going to start WW3 and nuclear winter, take away everyone's health insurance, and insult little children!' These emails try to plant a seed and see what grows. Everyone's trying to be a proselytizer, converting others for the generic values of their 'side.'

You know, I normally love politics, but in this timeframe I'm going to refrain from talking about it in the course of my walking day, maybe other than to correct anything blatant, that if they don't like either of the candidates then don't vote for either, and then steer the conversation away. This is all getting to be too much. Let other people make up their own minds about these men, and woman --- b/c it's been shown in many studies that no matter what you say, they're going to vote the way they vote anyway.

Bear in mind that whoever gets voted in still is just one person and they will not change the fabric of America very much or very fast. Keep a level head.

We started with a post about JM's asshat of a brother who apparently doesn't know what 911 is for and who says, "F--- you" to 911 operators.... and it turns into a sh--fest about who cares less about different branches of their family tree, far and wide, and vagaries about tax policy.

In these last couple of weeks, this campaign is going to be dirty. A lot of the dirt coming from one side in particular as they get desperate. And it's not the heads of the campaigns that are doing or ordering this... it's just ordinary people who get caught up in the bullsh-- and fear-mongering and voice their opinions sprinkled in with a few things they think they know. They get pent up with endorphins and righteous indignation and there it spews in public for all to see. 'Obama's going to take away our dogs, our guns and give all our money to crack whores!' or 'McCain's going to start WW3 and nuclear winter, take away everyone's health insurance, and insult little children!' These emails try to plant a seed and see what grows. Everyone's trying to be a proselytizer, converting others for the generic values of their 'side.'

You know, I normally love politics, but in this timeframe I'm going to refrain from talking about it in the course of my walking day, maybe other than to correct anything blatant, that if they don't like either of the candidates then don't vote for either, and then steer the conversation away. This is all getting to be too much. Let other people make up their own minds about these men, and woman --- b/c it's been shown in many studies that no matter what you say, they're going to vote they way they vote anyway.

Bear in mind that whoever gets voted in still is just one person and they will not change the fabric of America very much or very fast. Keep a level head.

You are correct of course, but it is the silly season and sometimes you have to just sit back and laugh at all. Don't quit contributing, while I don't often agree with you, I appreciate your knowledge, quick wit and general sarcasm. It keeps me on my game and in many respects, while this is serious etc, etc. it is still a game... the game of life and you either have a choice, throw your arms back and laugh or curl up in a ball and cry.... You don't seem like the crying type... So enjoy and adopt of dev/null's sick thinking. It is a lot more fun! :thumbsup:

You know you are probably right about this, so why hasn't in the six years of Republican control weren't these issues addressed???? Because they want it more for a campaign issue and the only they really do is support big business in the name of small business... because like the NFIB, they only use the Rhetoric, not the substance.

Dems do stupid things too, but right now they are probably more sensitive to small business needs and would be amenable to some constructive ideas. If you want lip service go vote for the Republicans, their actual working definition of small business is very different than the $250,000 figure being thrown about. I spent to much time working in Washington, not to understand who controls these groups including the Chambers and local Chambers are much more supportive of small business than the County and National. Why do you think small non-chamber networking groups are springing up all around.

I'm a conservative who supports republicans or democrats that support conservative ideals. I'm am as disappointed with GOP the past few years as anybody on issues of spending. Their are many RINOs in the GOP that we need to identify and replace with real conservatives in our primaries.

So keep repeating your commie/soviet styled misinformation, but it just is not true. You practicing to join the new KGB as an information officer under Putin??? :thumbsup:

Actually it's not misinformation, you just either don't understand or refuse to acknowledge the difference between income taxes and use taxes.

What is America to me? The great yet flawed country in which I live.

Please define what America's values are? See the Constitution. All of that. Especially the part about free speech. Notice how it doesn't mention capitalism.

How did we become so powerful in such a short period of time? Unethically. See The Louisiana Purchase, The Trail of Tears, American Imperialism, etc.

You can't have capitalism without the freedoms guaranteed in the constitution. Capitalism is the embodiment of free markets and free exercise thereof. One is tied to the other like no other nation on earth because we have individual rights and freedoms written into our founding documents. Plus capitalism wasn't even a term back then but the rights to own private property and the ability to transfer that property without government regulation was key to providing the foundation of free markets and capitalism.

So I guess you view America as unethical and a down right mean country just like Michele Obama. I don't view us that way. Have we mad mistakes, yes, have we been the beacon of hope for many oppressed people in the world yes we have. While not a perfect nation, we are the most perfect in a non perfect world. In our early years we where imperialistic not because of desire but because it was in the best interest of the United States. This country could have taken over just about an other territory we wanted but we didn't and we still don't. We respect others sovereignty and we have shown it.

People who have antipathy toward this nation should just leave. Just back your bags and get out. If you really hate your parents I'm sure you wouldn't live with them either.

People who have antipathy toward this nation should just leave. Just back your bags and get out. If you really hate your parents I'm sure you wouldn't live with them either.

Yep, that's what I said. I said that I hate the United States. So typical to try and put words into my mouth. I love America, recognize it's flaws and want to help fix them. When you see something wrong with the institution of the nation in which you live, it is your RIGHT and DUTY to help mend things, not just leave. You invoke the values upon which this country was founded but you forget the most important one. Do not become complacent with a flawed government, overthrow it.

Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Paine, Hale, etc...were unsatisfied with their oppressive government. They didn't "pack their bags and leave" like you would suggest, they did something. But according to your philosophy on those with antipathy toward their nation, they should have remained loyal British subjects, right?

Fortunately, the current situation doesn't merit a war against the government, and aiding what's wrong is as simple as checking "Obama" on our ballot.

Actually it's not misinformation, you just either don't understand or refuse to acknowledge the difference between income taxes and use taxes.

Technically, you are right, though a lot are not use taxes, such as withholding taxes. Sales taxes I guess could be defined as use taxes or consumption, but practically it makes no difference, use taxes,sales taxes, withholding taxes, whatever, they are still paying taxes, and folks who say these folks are not paying any income tax, imply and often misstate that these folks are not paying any taxes at all, which is simply not true.

We need to look at the overall tax burden in this country and it is disproportionately as a percentage of incoming wealth born by the lower and middle classes.

Finally, the Dems have figured out that giving these folks some relief is just good politics, no wonder the GOP is fighting it so hard, it creates a big political problem for them.

Couldn't you say that about McCain's extended family? :thumbsup:

And really the 911 call is funny. Anyone that lives in this area knows that traffic is ridiculous. Any reason to call 911, um no.

Here is the story out of Alexandria with a little more context... it does sound like John McCain... brothers sound alike.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/sleuth/