Students brave freezing temps

Wacka

Yeah, the fact that it still gets cold in October in New York means an overall climate change isnt happening...that's right

My father is the lead forecaster for the Buffalo branch of the National Weather Service and he is absolutely convinced that the world's coastal cities are going to be completely underwater by the year 2050.

Yeah, the fact that it still gets cold in October in New York means an overall climate change isnt happening...that's right

My father is the lead forecaster for the Buffalo branch of the National Weather Service and he is absolutely convinced that the world's coastal cities are going to be completely underwater by the year 2050.

Let's make sure we all chip in and send Wacky, Boner and all the rest to a NICE coastal resort to celebrate New Year 2050.

I'm on top of a hill.

You're older than me. ha ha :lol:

I'm about 15 miles inland and about 350 feet in altitude. There are many hills available around here.

I'm older and wiser :D

my personal problem with the global warming debate (and I'm not convinced of the cause or any possible solutions) is that it alienates a lot of people more than other environmental causes. I give to a lot of environmental groups and I'm all for cleaner air, cleaner water and more preservation - but that doesn't mean there should be a carbon tax to save the world.

There isn't much argument about how much forest is being cut down in brazil, while trying to predict the temperature of the earth in 40 years is a whole 'nother animal.

Ask your father what the weather is going to be like on December 12th. If he's within 3 degrees and can tell me how much precipitation there will be I'll believe what he thinks will happen in 42 years.

Ask your father what the weather is going to be like on December 12th. If he's within 3 degrees and can tell me how much precipitation there will be I'll believe what he thinks will happen in 42 years.

There's a big difference between predicting the exact weather for a day two months in the future (impossible) and predicting general global climate changes (possible through scientific extrapolation). The difference between Earth's average temp. from year to year is rising exponentially, the polar ice caps are melting, water levels are rising, and it's all going to get much much worse according to him. I bet you won't be so concerned about the carbon tax then. You can choose to believe or not believe him, but good luck finding a more qualified source.

Um, the world temp has been steady or falling since 2000.

Um, no it hasn't. And this isn't just about since 2000. This problem has existed since the 1950's.

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, an elite team of meteorologists and climatologists assembled from around the world predicts that the globe's average temperature will have risen 11.6 degrees fahrenheit during the course of the 21st century. That's enough to permanently change life as we know it.