OP-ED On the state of Journalism

Down is up. Up is down. This is the worst I have ever experienced in my lifetime. I don't think it's ever been this obvious that the media is in the tank for The Messiah. They don't even try to hide it anymore.

Maybe one side, this time, as opposed to the last couple times, is just clearly doing better, and deserves a lot better coverage. The people seem to think so, a lot of conservatives seem to think so, the polls after all four debates (including conservative polls) seem to think so, the world seems to think so, the money seems to think so. Women seem to think so. Minorities and majorities seem to think so. It seems to me, the only ones that DON'T think so are older bitter white disgruntled conservatives. :lol:

Down is up. Up is down. This is the worst I have ever experienced in my lifetime. I don't think it's ever been this obvious that the media is in the tank for The Messiah. They don't even try to hide it anymore.

These reporters are people you turn to for information.

Did it ever occur to you that, maybe they know something you do not?

The public seems to think so, with that 9% approvial rating. God save us all.

Maybe one side, this time, as opposed to the last couple times, is just clearly doing better, and deserves a lot better coverage. The people seem to think so, a lot of conservatives seem to think so, the polls after all four debates (including conservative polls) seem to think so, the world seems to think so, the money seems to think so. Women seem to think so. Minorities and majorities seem to think so. It seems to me, the only ones that DON'T think so are older bitter white disgruntled conservatives. :lol:

A quick question for the 'fair and balanced one'...did you hear about Palin's interview with CNN yesterday where the Leftist reporter purposefully twisted an article to make her look like a fool? If so, what is your opinion of this?

Disclaimer: I did see it on O'rly, which I don't normally watch.

A quick question for the 'fair and balanced one'...did you hear about Palin's interview with CNN yesterday where the Leftist reporter purposefully twisted an article to make her look like a fool? If so, what is your opinion of this?

Since when is Drew Griffin a "leftist reporter"?

I did see it and heard of the controversy on Fox. First, I think the guy who did the interview, who is new or rarely on the air, was just stupid and didn't read the article he quoted well, rather than did it on purpose, but I don't know the guy at all. During the interview he didnt even know who said it, he was just quoting. I do know that she would only do an interview on CNN with that particular guy and no other because he was favorable toward her. After the stupid error was exposed, I agreed with the FOX guys that they should say, on air, that they made a mistake, and mischaracterized the National Review. Although there were other criticisms of her from similarly conservative commentators, like "she is a cancer to the republican" party, that would have served just as well.

Ultimately, I think it was shoddy reporting that deserves a correction, not intentional slander, since it would be (and was) so easy to check. He was quoting an article.

After the stupid error was exposed, I agreed with the FOX guys that they should say, on air, that they made a mistake, and mischaracterized the National Review. Although there were other criticisms of her from similarly conservative commentators, like "she is a cancer to the republican" party, that would have served just as well.

Ultimately, I think it was shoddy reporting that deserves a correction, not intentional slander, since it would be (and was) so easy to check. He was quoting an article.

He did.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/cnn/gr...eview_98417.asp

Fair enough. But why did it take so long for him to set the record straight? I may have been wrong in my characterization of him as Leftist, but I don't buy that he is an innocent victim of failure to understand the article. Call me crazy.

He did set the record straight, so I'll give him credit there. But once you throw a turd into the punchbowl, it's not enough to say, Oops, I'm sorry...

Fair enough. But why did it take so long for him to set the record straight? I may have been wrong in my characterization of him as Leftist, but I don't buy that he is an innocent victim of failure to understand the article. Call me crazy.

He did set the record straight, so I'll give him credit there. But once you throw a turd into the punchbowl, it's not enough to say, Oops, I'm sorry...

First, tell me what else it could have been but an error and shoddy reporting? If you watch the tape, he looked at his notes and just recited verbatim the direct quote from a major conservative publication, one of the two biggest. It's not like no one was going to notice if it weren't true. I don't even think you could believe that he would intentionally mischaracterize it, on CNN, knowing that he would be caught red-handed and look like a slanderous fool, which is what happened.

Second, what else should he do but apologize for a stupid mistake? I'm just asking what you think would be right. He didn't even get the quote wrong. Griffin was just too stupid or careless to realize that York was making a hypothetical and not criticizing Palin himself. It was simply terrible reporting.

Orson Scott Card is one very strange ranger.

I had no idea he was a Dummycrat and don't know whether I should be surprised or consider it par for one very weird course. Why? Because he's also a devout Mormon, a big fan of Communism and an avowed homophobe. Did I mention he's also the author of one of the finest pieces of young adult literature ever written by man?

Whoever wired this cat up must have only had one wirenut and run every lead to it. :lol: