Is anybody else not voting for McCain because of Palin?

The Obama kool-aid drinkers and mass media (which of course we all know is a redundant statement) are absolutely petrified of Sara Palin. The anger, bile and vitriol aimed at her is so transparent. The levels it has now reached have now become embarrassing...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/...atin_palin.html

This woman has been a governor for two years and has what, an 85% approval rating? But she somehow is as dumb as a bag of rocks and can't compare to the geniusness of either Obama or Biden. You need to step away from the kool-aid and get some fresh air. I'm sorry, but all a Senator's job entails is talking and voting and in the case of Obama he couldn't even accomplish that 133 times when he was an Illinois Senator. What's scary is the thought of Obama having to actually sit down and work a real job instead of waking up to a podium and giving a speech on the campaign trail which is pretty much all he's done in his political life.

You make a relatively good point about Obama (though I refuse to agree that Palin isn't dumb)

But can we stop it with the "Obama kool-aid drinkers" thing? I don't know where the cliche came from, but IMO it's horribly overused.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make a relatively good point about Obama (though I refuse to agree that Palin isn't dumb)

But can we stop it with the "Obama kool-aid drinkers" thing? I don't know where the cliche came from, but IMO it's horribly overused.

You refuse to agree that Palin isn't dumb and I refuse to agree that the fervent Obama supporters aren't under a cult-like spell...and so it goes.

The Obama kool-aid drinkers and mass media (which of course we all know is a redundant statement) are absolutely petrified of Sara Palin. The anger, bile and vitriol aimed at her is so transparent. The levels it has now reached have now become embarrassing...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/...atin_palin.html

This woman has been a governor for two years and has what, an 85% approval rating? But she somehow is as dumb as a bag of rocks and can't compare to the geniusness of either Obama or Biden. You need to step away from the kool-aid and get some fresh air. I'm sorry, but all a Senator's job entails is talking and voting and in the case of Obama he couldn't even accomplish that 133 times when he was an Illinois Senator. What's scary is the thought of Obama having to actually sit down and work a real job instead of waking up to a podium and giving a speech on the campaign trail which is pretty much all he's done in his political life.

You're stupid, too, if you cannot see the difference between performance/personality/magnetism and intelligence/education/curiosity. Sarah Palin is a terrific politician, a very engaging personality, and extremely inspirational to a significant sector of the country. She has a huge future in the Republican party.

All of that is true even though she is an uneducated, ill-informed, non-curious simpleton who is way out of her league on the world stage. She is simply unaware of what is really going on in the world right now, and she cannot answer what are often very simple questions. It's possible that in four years she will actually learn about the world, the country, the issues others than those precious few she has colloquial interest in. I bet until the last couple days she never read the constitution (after her handlers probably forced her to).

Right now, she is a buffoon. Why do you think they rarely let her answer real questions? Why do you think she isn't allowed to have a press conference? Why do you think they insist McCain sit next to her and hold her hand when she has to appear in front of anyone that is not a suck-up? Jesus, they won't even let her go on O'Reilly. Why do you think so many of the intelligent conservatives have turned on her? They are embarrassed by her and for her.

You're stupid, too, if you cannot see the difference between performance/personality/magnetism and intelligence/education/curiosity. Sarah Palin is a terrific politician, a very engaging personality, and extremely inspirational to a significant sector of the country. She has a huge future in the Republican party.

All of that is true even though she is an uneducated, ill-informed, non-curious simpleton who is way out of her league on the world stage. She is simply unaware of what is really going on in the world right now, and she cannot answer what are often very simple questions. It's possible that in four years she will actually learn about the world, the country, the issues others than those precious few she has colloquial interest in. I bet until the last couple days she never read the constitution (after her handlers probably forced her to).

Right now, she is a buffoon. Why do you think they rarely let her answer real questions? Why do you think she isn't allowed to have a press conference? Why do you think they insist McCain sit next to her and hold her hand when she has to appear in front of anyone that is not a suck-up? Jesus, they won't even let her go on O'Reilly. Why do you think so many of the intelligent conservatives have turned on her? They are embarrassed by her and for her.

If Palin's so dumb why is it that Obama, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi were ALL wrong about the Iraq war being lost and our troops should be pulled out and brought back home? Those were ALL dumb positions to take. I guarantee you that Palin would have not been for raising the white flag like those three numbskulls. What happened to all of those smarts rattling around in their brains? Were they all having brain farts when they came to that conclusion?

Not every rocket scientist is a great leader. To be a great leader you must have both great instincts and decision-making skills. Having an Ivy League education or being an expert in constitutional law does not MAKE a great leader or President.

If Palin's so dumb why is it that Obama, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi were ALL wrong about the Iraq war being lost and our troops should be pulled out and brought back home? Those were ALL dumb positions to take. I guarantee you that Palin would have not been for raising the white flag like those three numbskulls. What happened to all of those smarts rattling around in their brains? Were they all having brain farts when they came to that conclusion?

Glad you asked that question. It's a perfect example of what I was talking about. Do you know what Palin's stance was on "The Surge" before it happened?

She didn't have one. She didn't really know it happened. She "heard" something about it on the news, because she really wasn't following the Iraq war very much.

In an interview with Alaska Business Monthly shortly after she took office in 2007, Palin was asked about the upcoming surge. She said she hadn't thought about it. "I've been so focused on state government, I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq," she said. "I heard on the news about the new deployments, and while I support our president, Condoleezza Rice and the administration, I want to know that we have an exit plan in place; I want assurances that we are doing all we can to keep our troops safe."

Seven months into the surge, she still either had not formed any opinion on the surge or the war or just wasn't sharing. "I'm not here to judge the idea of withdrawing, or the timeline," she said in a teleconference interview with reporters during a July 2007 visit with Alaska National Guard troops stationed in Kuwait. "I'm not going to judge even the surge. I'm here to find out what Alaskans need of me as their governor."

Sorry, but even if you're busy being a Governor, you should know what is going on in the world.

Not every rocket scientist is a great leader. To be a great leader you must have both great instincts and decision-making skills. Having an Ivy League education or being an expert in constitutional law does not MAKE a great leader or President.

Sorry, but that's a stupid answer. You cannot defend someone's stupidity by stating that some really smart people make some (in your opinion) bad decisions. That says ZERO about the person you are defending.

Seriously though, what's the origins of this Obama kool-aid thing, and what does it even mean?

Is it a reference to the cult that killed itself with poisoned kool-aid?

It's probably from the cult Jim Jones had. He poisoned kool aid and told his members to drink it. Most of them gladly took there life by drinking it.

Obama supporters seem to have that same cult like persona, they brush off anything negative about him as if it isn't important. Too bad there are so many people wanting change, they don't care what kind of change it is going to be.

Glad you asked that question. It's a perfect example of what I was talking about. Do you know what Palin's stance was on "The Surge" before it happened?

She didn't have one. She didn't really know it happened. She "heard" something about it on the news, because she really wasn't following the Iraq war very much.

Sorry, but even if you're busy being a Governor, you should know what is going on in the world.

Sorry, but that's a stupid answer. You cannot defend someone's stupidity by stating that some really smart people make some (in your opinion) bad decisions. That says ZERO about the person you are defending.

Damn that women for being "so focused on state government, she hadn't really focused much on the war in Iraq." Damn her for doing her job to the tune of an 85% approval rating.

It's funny how all of these liberal brainiacs in the congress, who did nothing but follow and talk about the Iraq war, were flat out WRONG about how the country should raise the white flag, pull the troops out and surrender in Iraq.

What don't you get about an 85% approval rating? That's near 67 points higher than Obama, Pelosi and Ried's. Sorry but your brilliant Washington DC politicians are apparently complete dolts when it comes to important decision-making.

Damn that women for being "so focused on state government, she hadn't really focused much on the war in Iraq." Damn her for doing her job to the tune of an 85% approval rating.

It's funny how all of these liberal brainiacs in the congress, who did nothing but follow and talk about the Iraq war, were flat out WRONG about how the country should raise the white flag, pull the troops out and surrender in Iraq.

What don't you get about an 85% approval rating? That's near 67 points higher than Obama, Pelosi and Ried's. Sorry but your brilliant Washington DC politicians are apparently complete dolts when it comes to important decision-making.

I spend a ton of time working on, and thinking about, and researching/reading for and about my job.

And I knew a lot about Iraq and The Surge.

Thought a lot about it over the years, in fact. The Iraq war is one of the most important things that has happened in the world in the last 30-40 years. In fact, it changed the world.

I guess she was just unfortunate that she couldn't see Iraq from that little island she has never been to where you can see Russia from. Then she would have been completely prepared for and up to date on the war and surge.

Might want to check on that now. You'll have to look quick, though, because those numbers are plummeting. Her national political career is over in 12 days, and she's returning to an Alaska that's had its eyes opened. Her remaining two years will be filled with investigations. She may not be dumb, but she sure isn't smart.

I spend a ton of time working on, and thinking about, and researching/reading for and about my job.

And I knew a lot about Iraq and The Surge.

Thought a lot about it over the years, in fact. The Iraq war is one of the most important things that has happened in the world in the last 30-40 years. In fact, it changed the world.

I guess she was just unfortunate that she couldn't see Iraq from that little island she has never been to where you can see Russia from. Then she would have been completely prepared for and up to date on the war and surge.

You're not a woman raising a big family, running the State of Alaska, with an apparently very active outdoor sportsman lifestyle are you?

Sounds to me like the war in Iraq wasn't exactly her top priority. Even so, she DID find it in her schedule to still go visit the troops. Something that "Iraq expert" Obama somehow never got around to DOING in 2007.

Just another example of all talk, no action Obama.

You're not a woman raising a big family, running the State of Alaska, with an apparently very active outdoor sportsman lifestyle are you?

That's the point myself and others are making. You're not very good at this point/counterpoint thing, are you. Maybe it's just me and 200 million other people in this country, but I want a President that HAS followed what has been going on in the world.

Sounds to me like the war in Iraq wasn't exactly her top priority. Even so, she DID find it in her schedule to still go visit the troops. Something that "Iraq expert" Obama somehow never got around to DOING in 2007.

Just another example of all talk, no action Obama.

Don't forget the husband who belongs to the secessionist party - you know, the party that HATES America and her laws and would like to break away (hint: she spoke at their convention in 2006).

That's the point myself and others are making. You're not very good at this point/counterpoint thing, are you. Maybe it's just me and 200 million other people in this country, but I want a President that HAS followed what has been going on in the world.

So you support politicians like Obama, Pelosi and Reid who all were knee deep in following the Iraq war and who all got it wrong.

I think I got it now. :lol:

Yeah, like that we have 57 states now.