Yes folks..the Dems grind exceedingly small

The historic Delta Queen paddle-wheel riverboat ceases operations 10/31/08.

..."Petty politics dealing with the boat's non-union workers, not its safety rating - which is impeccable - have stymied legislation to extend the exemption. With no exemption, owners say, 50 overnight passengers would not be enough to keep the Delta Queen financially afloat."... Cincinnati Enquirer, 10/22/08.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...WS01/810220306/

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review also chimed in, 08/13/07:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburgh...s/s_521632.html

I guess it's Change we (should) Believe in. :rolleyes:

The historic Delta Queen paddle-wheel riverboat ceases operations 10/31/08.

..."Petty politics dealing with the boat's non-union workers, not its safety rating - which is impeccable - have stymied legislation to extend the exemption. With no exemption, owners say, 50 overnight passengers would not be enough to keep the Delta Queen financially afloat."... Cincinnati Enquirer, 10/22/08.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...WS01/810220306/

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review also chimed in, 08/13/07:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburgh...s/s_521632.html

I guess it's Change we (should) Believe in. :rolleyes:

That's it, I'm switching my vote to McCain. I didn't realize the effects this election would have on a boat in Cincinnati!

This is a local matter. You obviously are more interested the blaming someone than doing something. IF you want to save the damned boat, start a community action group and do it.

You're not advocating more GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION are you? You want GOVERNMENT to take care of it for you?

This is a local matter. You obviously are more interested the blaming someone than doing something. IF you want to save the damned boat, start a community action group and do it.

You're not advocating more GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION are you? You want GOVERNMENT to take care of it for you?

So much for your skills at detecting left-wingers not seeing sense... :rolleyes:

why doesn't the Coast Guard chime in on their opinion with that particular ship in 2008? Has anyone asked them to inspect the ship and determine whether or not they would support an exemption, or an alternative like a maritime insurance expert?

I can't imaging they would leave dock without insurance coverage. I can't imagine the ownership of the historic boat would allow it to ply the river if it was a deathtrap, even if it's only fear of lawsuits.

The USCG can only act on extant law. They are subject to funding by Congress. If you ask them why there were 40 year's worth of exemption, they would have to have a love of shooting themselves in their foot to do anything but to dance about and keep their traps shut.

Never dismiss the vindictiveness of our 535 tin gods that control the purse, against any member of the Executive Branch that dares question any fiat issued...

There is a minimum age limit for a Presidential candidate. Would you support an upper age limit for a candidate?

No. Life expectancies continue to lengthen due to science, and the electorate has a good grasp of when someone is just not going to be an effective leader due to diminishing capacity. And yes, I absolutely believe McCain's capacity to be an effective leader is compromised by his advanced years...not numerically as there are plenty of people in their 70's who would more than be able to get the job done. I don't think a 72-year old who has had four bouts of cancer and seems to get easily confused on the campaign trail is up to the task, and no way in hell is his hand-picked VP candidate up to it (because she's an idiot). Hell, even you have at least a dozen more rings in your trunk than McCain does and you seem more on-the-ball.

No. Life expectancies continue to lengthen due to science, and the electorate has a good grasp of when someone is just not going to be an effective leader due to diminishing capacity. And yes, I absolutely believe McCain's capacity to be an effective leader is compromised by his advanced years...not numerically as there are plenty of people in their 70's who would more than be able to get the job done. I don't think a 72-year old who has had four bouts of cancer and seems to get easily confused on the campaign trail is up to the task, and no way in hell is his hand-picked VP candidate up to it (because she's an idiot). Hell, even you have at least a dozen more rings in your trunk than McCain does and you seem more on-the-ball.

I think that Obama's capacity to be an effective leader compromised by the early age that his parents died at (45-50) and his heavy smoking. Have we seen his health records? I don't think a 47-year old who has a bad family health history and seems to get easily confused on the campaign trail (57 states) is up to the task, and no way in hell is his hand-picked VP candidate up to it (because he's an idiot- Stand up...ummmm).

I think that Obama's capacity to be an effective leader compromised by the early age that his parents died at (45-50) and his heavy smoking. Have we seen his health records? I don't think a 47-year old who has a bad family health history and seems to get easily confused on the campaign trail (57 states) is up to the task, and no way in hell is his hand-picked VP candidate up to it (because he's an idiot- Stand up...ummmm).

Have you properly inflated your tires?