Are you friggin kidding me?

Beerball

That's what happens in Buffalo, where the Bills get cheap points scored or set up by Parrish's punt returns, Terrence McGee's kickoff returns and Brian Moorman's timely, well-placed punts.

The overall tone of the article is that the phins need to play better on STs against Buffalo, but that quote is about as cheap shot as you can get. Stuupid statement David Fields, really really stuupid.

um, i'm about as die hard a bills fan as they come, and i dont see anything wrong with that snippet.

cheap points = points that the offense doesn't have to grind for.. ie a punt return down to the fins' 16 or something along those lines.

The Miami Herald spouts...

Fields sees the writing on the wall and wants to put up a piece that will make him look smart Sunday afternoon. He sees the stinkin' fish cannot cover the most basic kick returners, so he know they are very likely to get burned by a few of the best this weekend. But he cannot go swiping at the home team without throwing the fans a bone, so he takes what could be perceived as a shot at the Bills while actually saying how balanced the Bills are. Of course, Fields' mistake here is that he somehow failed to realize the Bills have a very efficient offense now and can go on long drives just as well as they can finish short ones set up by our outstanding special teams. In the end, this article is poking at the stinkin' fish not the Bills.

um, i'm about as die hard a bills fan as they come, and i dont see anything wrong with that snippet.

Me too ....... cheap points are why our special teams are so valuable. A lesson taught by Marv and taken to heart by the Bills ever since.

There are no cheap points in football. Every point is earned, whether it be the offense on a nice drive, the defense coming up with the big turnover to put the offense in good position, or special teams doing the same.

Fields sees the writing on the wall and wants to put up a piece that will make him look smart Sunday afternoon. He sees the stinkin' fish cannot cover the most basic kick returners, so he know they are very likely to get burned by a few of the best this weekend. But he cannot go swiping at the home team without throwing the fans a bone, so he takes what could be perceived as a shot at the Bills while actually saying how balanced the Bills are. Of course, Fields' mistake here is that he somehow failed to realize the Bills have a very efficient offense now and can go on long drives just as well as they can finish short ones set up by our outstanding special teams. In the end, this article is poking at the stinkin' fish not the Bills.

:bag:

Cheap? Hell, I'll take 'em free.

Is Fat-Azzed Tuna going to forgo any "cheap points" the Dolphags get by virtue of their Kallage-style "Wildcat" offense?

I hope Trent does a repeated "grounding" motion signal while running to the line with a first and goal and 9 seconds left in the half, gets the team set - and then lofts one in the end zone to Evans for a stake-in-the-heart TD as time expires.

Tanks, meant to place linky in post but fergot.

There are no cheap points in football. Every point is earned, whether it be the offense on a nice drive, the defense coming up with the big turnover to put the offense in good position, or special teams doing the same.

Thank you, that is a very Realistic view. The Bills work very hard for those cheap points (think DiGi, Everett etc.).