Chiavettas question

dib

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried it...it is terrible....

Okay, fair enough, I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I marinate chicken with ID at the bills games sometimes. Everybody loves it. I guess my tailgate likes the taste of ass.

I'd have to agree with some of the other posters. Smaller cuts of chicken (thighs, legs, wings), marinate overnight, turn and baste often and definately reseal after cooking with some extrey sauce.

Tried parboiling once and then marinading... :rolleyes:

Good way to do wings on the charcoal is to marinade, brush etc... then toss in Red Hot. Gives it both a spicey and tangy flavor.

One more thing, I also strongly feel there are alot better sauces out there for chicken wings then Frank's Red Hot. I shiit on that also.

There are many hot sauces I like better than Frank's. Frank's is fairly pedestrian, IMO.

But, if you want your wings to be authentic Buffalo-style wings and taste like they do in most bars and restaurants in WNY, I think you have to use Frank's. The other Louisiana sauces just don't make it (Crystal, for example) and some of the really great hot sauces have their own distinctive flavor that can make the wings really good...but far from authentic Buffalo-style wings.

There are many hot sauces I like better than Frank's. Frank's is fairly pedestrian, IMO.

But, if you want your wings to be authentic Buffalo-style wings and taste like they do in most bars and restaurants in WNY, I think you have to use Frank's. The other Louisiana sauces just don't make it (Crystal, for example) and some of the really great hot sauces have their own distinctive flavor that can make the wings really good...but far from authentic Buffalo-style wings.

Can't argue with that. Most wing places around Buffalo use Franks hot sauce and add more garlic to add heat...

Don't be afraid to drop a bucket of those spices in the mail and send them to me. I will split the postage with you. :rolleyes:

back when I worked there in 1992-1994 we used to make the sauce right at the shop.....vinegar truck parked out back, hooked up to this crazy looking machine.....

back when I worked there in 1992-1994 we used to make the sauce right at the shop.....vinegar truck parked out back, hooked up to this crazy looking machine.....

So does that mean that you are sending me the spices? :rolleyes:

Chiavettas makes a dry rub!?!?!?!?!?!

the spices used to come in a big barrell and mixed with vinegar on site...they do it offsite now, but i am sure I could get my hands on some...though it is like the colonels herbs and spices...I could let you have some, but after enjoying them, I would have to kill you...

Remember to wash your hands before using the restroom. Unless you pee hands free.....I had an unfortunate incident once where I wiped my hand on a napkin before using the restroom. I did my business, washed my hands and sat back down to power down some more wings. It was about that time I began to notice an uncomforatble burning sensation.