Chiavettas question

dib

So I have some Chiavettas from home, and I marinate the chicken in it, and slather it on while on the grill, yet the chicken barely picks up the flavor.

What am I doing wrong?

Should the chicken be dead first? (Thought I'd beat some of the smart@ss answers)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put the chicken on the Grill...baste every time you flip....now here is the key to making it...right before it is done, get out a sealable container.....layer it with sauce.....place the chicken in.....seal the container...shake....let the chicken steam for 5-8 minutes...open the container...serve....

Put the chicken on the Grill...baste every time you flip....now here is the key to making it...right before it is done, get out a sealable container.....layer it with sauce.....place the chicken in.....seal the container...shake....let the chicken steam for 5-8 minutes...open the container...serve....

Like you know anything about Chiavettas!

aaaaaaaaaaaah never thought of that

stay with parts like whole wings and thighs. breasts dont pick up the flavor that much. the skin and the underside of the breast do, but even if you marinate overnight, the bulk of the white meat jsut doesnt pick it up.

we do Chiavettas cookouts almost twice a month through the summer for large amounts of people down here. have made quite a number of fans outta the southerners.

whole wings is the bast way to go. no matter what you do, that flavor wont get into the entire breast.

aaaaaaaaaaaah never thought of that

This is going to seem like blasphemy, especially for the out-of-town folks but your really better off marinating the chicken in Italian Dressing. Much better the chiavettas. Give it a try sometime.

This is going to seem like blasphemy, especially for the out-of-town folks but your really better off marinating the chicken in Italian Dressing. Much better the chiavettas. Give it a try sometime.

that is the equivalent of telling someone to shake their chicken wings in ketchup and red pepper vs Red Hot....I wont stand for this blasphemy

that is the equivalent of telling someone to shake their chicken wings in ketchup and red pepper vs Red Hot....I wont stand for this blasphemy

I think your being very shortsighted on the Italian Dressing Marinade. Give it a try sometime. For my money, it is the best marinade going. Never been a big fan of Chiavettas. To vinegary. In fact I will pronounce it with pride right now; I shiit on Chiavettas!!!!!!

One more thing, I also strongly feel there are alot better sauces out there for chicken wings then Frank's Red Hot. I shiit on that also.

I think your being very shortsighted on the Italian Dressing Marinade. Give it a try sometime. For my money, it is the best marinade going. Never been a big fan of Chiavettas. To vinegary. In fact I will pronounce it with pride right now; I shiit on Chiavettas!!!!!!

I have tried it...it is terrible....