Some observations about Edwards' passing stats

eball

To be fair though, a good reason we were behind in the Rams game was Hardy's inability to catch two or three balls in a row to him at the line. And Royal every year has a great catch followed by a fumble on the same play - so a lot has to do with trust in said players...

On the list of top ten QBs to date (by passer rating), Trent is tied at #4 with Aaron Rodgers (98.8).

One stat that immediately jumps out at me is the lack of TDs (5), when compared to Rivers (16), Romo (14), Warner (12), Rodgers (12), and Brees (12).

While that stat might lead one to believe Edwards is compiling statistics via a "pop gun" short yardage passing game, another statistic belies that notion -- yards per pass play. Edwards ranks 5th in that category at 8.0 -- a great number for a QB.

Combined with a 2nd-best completion percentage of 69.7, it is clear that the passing offense under Edwards is extraordinarily productive. Credit obviously goes to Schonert and the receivers as well.

I believe we'll see the TD numbers start to increase more significantly in the weeks to come.

(FWIW, Chad Pennington has put up remarkably similar stats for Miami so far -- 8th in rating, 4th in comp. %, 8.1 YPP, and 6 TDs -- so the Bills had better be prepared)

You missed a big stat. Protecting the ball, he only 2 INT's. Only one QB has less

You missed a big stat. Protecting the ball, he only 2 INT's. Only one QB has less

And the 1 INT was very questionable to say the least. It's hard enough to beat one team, let alone 2 (yourself). I think it will be very rare to see a TE-led team ever get blown out (or lose :rolleyes: ).