RNC pays $150K for Palin shopping

Simple. Real Americans don't shop at Saks and Neiman's at a rate of $2500 per day.

But what if they're mavericks?

Really...real Americans aren't VP nominees, either, and I don't care what the RNC does with its war chest. It's their funds, and this is just marketing...fundamentally no different from a campaign commercial.

I'm sure The Messiah and his family are shopping at K-mart in their interest of looking out for 'the people'. :rolleyes: C'mon people, why litter the board with this tripe? Do you want me and others to post every headline from Drudge here?

File this under who gives a schit...

The cash expenditures immediately raised questions among campaign finance experts about their legality under the Federal Election Commission's long-standing advisory opinions on using campaign cash to purchase items for personal use.

Politico asked the McCain campaign for comment, explicitly noting the $150,000 in expenses for department store shopping and makeup consultation that were incurred immediately after Palin’s announcement. Pre-September reports do not include similar costs.

Spokeswoman Maria Comella declined to answer specific questions about the expenditures, including whether it was necessary to spend that much and whether it amounted to one early investment in Palin or if shopping for the vice presidential nominee was ongoing.

A review of similar records for the campaign of Democrat Barack Obama and the Democratic National Committee turned up no similar spending.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14805.html

Items for "personal" use?

Lemme get this right.....under tax laws, I can fenagle a way to write off a tooth brush if used during "company time" but a Campaign cant invest in the appearance of its candidate?

Technically a campaign isn't a paying job for the candidate or their family, so it is personal use. They're using it to get a job. Are we allowed to write off buying a suit for a job interview?

I'm sure The Messiah and his family are shopping at K-mart in their interest of looking out for 'the people'. :rolleyes: C'mon people, why litter the board with this tripe? Do you want me and others to post every headline from Drudge here?

File this under who gives a schit...

The RNC paying for Palin's wardrobe is a non-issue. Its their campaign money, who gives a sh-- what they do with it. It is highly ironic however that someone claiming to be an "average Joe-six pack american" is spending 150K on fashion.

No one cares that the money got spent. The only thing we care about is the farce that sarah palin is "one of us" when she isn't.

Who was the highest paid individual in Senator John McCain’s presidential campaign during the first half of October as it headed down the homestretch?

Not Randy Scheunemann, Mr. McCain’s chief foreign policy adviser; not Nicolle Wallace, his senior communications staff member. It was Amy Strozzi, who was identified by the Washington Post this week as Gov. Sarah Palin’s traveling makeup artist, according to a new filing with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday night.

Ms. Strozzi, who was nominated for an Emmy award for her makeup work on the television show “So You Think You Can Dance?”, was paid $22,800 for the first two weeks of October alone, according to the records. The campaign categorized Ms. Strozzi’s payment as “PERSONNEL SVC/EQUIPMENT.”

The payment on Oct. 10 made Ms. Strozzi the single highest-paid individual in the campaign for that two-week period. (There were more than two dozen companies that got larger payments than Ms. Strozzi). She easily beat out Mr. Scheunemann, who received $12,500 in the first half of October, and Ms. Wallace, who got $12,000.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10...-2-week-period/