Digiorgio out for Season?

OCinBuffalo

per roto

Bills LB John DiGiorgio is scheduled to have season-ending surgery next week to repair a torn ligament in his right knee.

The special teams ace and key backup linebacker will be placed on injured reserve. The Bills have already lost starter Angelo Crowell and fifth-round rookie Alvin Bowen for the season, so they'll be in the market for linebacking depth.

hello D.Spragon (SP?)

There HAVE to be veterans out there good for a few games who teams did not sign due to age or injury concerns who would be paid per game. Guy needs to be doing his job finding them and bringing them to Orchard Park for trials.

IMO loss of Joe DiG is a big loss for Bills because he could handle so many positions.

Suddenly the Crowell to IR move looks foolish. Oh wait, it always did. :ph34r:

While our CB depth is great, LB depth is atrocious.

I don't disagree, but we don't know if Crowell would be ready, and 100%, by now...so, I won't assume he WOULD be ready and 100%. I think it was reported that AC didn't simply get scoped, but had full-blown surgery. If that's what he really needed, a quick scope may not have done what was needed.

I'm not saying the move to IR him wasn't stupid, I just don't have enough info to conclude it was.

Marcus Buggs was drawing raves early in camp. If he's progressed on the PS, he's the guy, not Spragan.

:bag:

Thats are man i hope im not drinking the Spragen juice, although i believe Haggen is fair game would love to have him.

Marcus Buggs was drawing raves early in camp. If he's progressed on the PS, he's the guy, not Spragan.

Great name! And, yes I remember hearing pretty good things about him, too.

I don't disagree, but we don't know if Crowell would be ready, and 100%, by now...so, I won't assume he WOULD be ready and 100%. I think it was reported that AC didn't simply get scoped, but had full-blown surgery. If that's what he really needed, a quick scope may not have done what was needed.

I'm not saying the move to IR him wasn't stupid, I just don't have enough info to conclude it was.

well since it seems no one is being straight about it -- bills, crowell, his agent -- it's hard for us to say anything definitive. but if it was an emotional knee-jerk reaction by bills and he could have been back and reasonably healthy by now, and theres nothing more to it, then it was extremely short sighted

well since it seems no one is being straight about it -- bills, crowell, his agent -- it's hard for us to say anything definitive. but if it was an emotional knee-jerk reaction by bills and he could have been back and reasonably healthy by now, and theres nothing more to it, then it was extremely short sighted

I totally agree. I just don't know if that really is the whole story.

There HAVE to be veterans out there good for a few games who teams did not sign due to age or injury concerns who would be paid per game. Guy needs to be doing his job finding them and bringing them to Orchard Park for trials.

IMO loss of Joe DiG is a big loss for Bills because he could handle so many positions.

It's not only that but he was the backup "captain" on D. Now THAT will be missed! He's no Poz but he brings his own worth to the team that is very underrated.