Trent Edwards on ESPN Chat at 4PM Today

SportsNation Buzzmaster: Trent will be here at the top of the hour! Keep the questions rolling in Nation!

SportsNation Trent Edwards: Hey Trent here from the Bills. Looking forward to answering your questions!

Mikey(Lackawanna,NY): Trent, Who was your favorite team and player growing up?

SportsNation Trent Edwards: I did not really have a team, but I did like players. My dad and I played a lot of fantasy football. I remember watching Barry Sanders and I always liked him as weell as John Elway, especially being a Stanford guy.

Mike, Ohio: Hey Trent...how did it feel taking that hit from Adrian Wilson?

SportsNation Trent Edwards: Well I do not remember much, but I did have a headache for about 5 days. I remember taking the hit and then 20-30 minutes later finding myself in the training room with my equipment off and not sure how I got there.

Tim (Detroit): Trent, when I am watching the game it seem so loud. Is it really that loud for you players on the field? Can you even hear eachother?

SportsNation Trent Edwards: It is harder to hear on road games, because of the fans. At home it is loud, but when the offense is on the field, the crowd quiets down for us and makes it easier for us to hear each other.

David (LA, CA): Trent, fellow Stanford Class of '06er here. What has it been like going from life at Stanford to a starting QB in the NFL?

SportsNation Trent Edwards: It has been a big adjustment, just going from the college game to the pro game; the pro game is much faster. But it is also different not having to go to class anymore and dealing with finances and making a living for yourself.

T (OKC): What band/musician do you listen to pre-game to get fired up to play?

SportsNation Trent Edwards: I listen to two bands from my home town: Trapt and Dredg, both alternative rock, and I have a couple of their CDs that really get me focused before I go out on Sundays.

SportsNation Trent Edwards: I listen to two bands from my home town: Trapt and Dredg, both alternative rock, and I have a couple of their CDs that really get me focused before I go out on Sundays.

Chris (Syracuse): How much did the power outage on Sunday affect the flow of the offense? What changes, if any, had to be made?

SportsNation Trent Edwards: You notice a difference in the way the crowd reacts. They do not have the ability to hear the announcer telling them the down and distance, so it was different for them. And then I had to read the play calls from my coach on the sideline, which is something you do in college, and that was a bit of an adjustment, but we worked through it.

Brad(NM): Do you and Marshawn talk a lot of trash to each other with you both being from the PAC 10?

SportsNation Trent Edwards: We do, but it is friendly. We are both very competitive and take a lot of pride where we come from. I am from the East Bay and he is from the West Bay. So we talk about Cal and Stanford and also where we grew up. But yes, we definitely talk a little trash.

Mikey(Lackawanna,NY): How is your relationship with the Bills Hall of Fame QB Jim Kelly?

SportsNation Trent Edwards: I see Jim just a few times a year, but he is very friendly and has always good advice to give, but I have not really had a chance to talk extensively with him. Last time I spoke with him was at training camp. He is a very friendly guy.

Steve, Los Angeles: HUGE three games coming up...what's the feeling around the team like? Trying to take it one game at a time?

SportsNation Trent Edwards: We are excited, but we know we will have our hands full with these next three teams, division foes. It is very hard to win on the road in this division, and hopefully we make the plays and win those three games. But it is definitely going to be tough.

Mark (Orchard Park, NY): Trent, Are you a San Jose Sharks guy or have you embraced the Sabres yet?

SportsNation Trent Edwards: I am now becoming a Sabrs fan, but I was not really that into the Sharksgrowing up. I did go to the first Sabres game of the year and I am learning more and more about the sport of hockey. I like the action and the environment of the games. And Toni Lydman is my favorite player.

Andy, VA: How do you think the Buffalo winter is going to affect the consistency you have had on offense this year?

SportsNation Trent Edwards: It is always difficult to throw the ball in the cold weather with the wind. It is hard playing in thoise conditions, but I do think we have abalanced attack to manage it. We have arunning game that will opoen up the passing game. We are just going to have to battle through the conditions and I do not see why we would not be able to handle it.

James (Washington, DC): Do you use a box mix or do you make brownies for the lineman from scratch?

SportsNation Trent Edwards: I do not technically make them, but I beleive the person who does, but I think it is from the box. These brownies are given to me and I pass them along to them.

SportsNation Trent Edwards: Thank you for all your questions and your support!