Maybe Preston is just a center?

HarkinBanks

When the Bills drafted Preston in the 4th round, they thought very highly of him as a Center. Then, for whatever reason, they started playing him at Guard...where he struggled. Then, last week against the Chargers, he is back at Center, and he played very well. Maybe the guy can only play Center...and would be that be so bad? Its hard to picture Fowler playing well at Guard either.

On the play where Marshawn tripped over Preston, there was actually a nice hole in front of him. Nobody touched him until he was already on the ground and had fallen forward for 2 yards. If he does not trip, that is a 4-5 yard run IMO.

Did Whitner prove his worth against the Chargers or what? That whole defensive scheme falls apart without Donte.

Fred Jackson is special...running, catching, blocking...deceptively fast and strong. Really hope the Bills can lock this guy up with a long term contract.

The #1 reason I think the Bills will beat the Fish this week is based on how badly noodle-arm Pennington has struggled against our D the past couple years. Watch the Bills crowd the line to stop the run, press the WRs and dare noodle-arm to beat us deep...he can't do it!

Go Bills!!!

When they first moved Preston to guard I hated the move because I knew he didn't have the explosive raw power needed to play the position (neither does Butler on top of the fact he is too tall for the position) and I'm happy he's back at center where he is a little more servicable than Fowler. We blew it not drafting Jason Brown but I would love to redeem that mistake by drafting Alex Mack and have him play at RG until he is mentally ready to take over the center position from Preston. Sure, we'll still need a RG after all that, but hopefully we'll find a way to get a better RG too......

I only noticed Preston once during the game, which is a whole lot better than I was expecting. If he can manage to do the same a few games in a row, then we'll start talking.