Calling all gastronomes

MattyT

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything to learn from this little item copied from my local police blotter?...

"A man was arrested Oct. 7 in connection with the theft of Velveeta cheese and shrimp from Wegmans, 525 Titus Ave."

:(

I learned from a very good chef a long time ago never put cheese on seafood. Seeing it was velveeta I see nothing wrong with the theft.

I learned from a very good chef a long time ago never put cheese on seafood. Seeing it was velveeta I see nothing wrong with the theft.

:(

I can only assume that it was some misguided soul's attempt at low-end fondue.

i always heard the same thing, but a linguine with clam sauce or a shrimp alfredo, i just can't NOT put parm or romano on the top

Strange because I've worked a couple of fine dining restaurants on Palm Beach island and they put their fish in the seafood section of the menu. I've not heard that before.

Because that simply isn't true, in the USA. Fish is most certainly called seafood, here. Even fresh water fish is, in the USA, usually considered "seafood". I don't think that's true in other countries/continents, though.

But, I never agreed with, nor followed, "no cheese with seafood" as a strict rule. It is a good guideline, though.

Because that simply isn't true, in the USA. Fish is most certainly called seafood, here. Even fresh water fish is, in the USA, usually considered "seafood". I don't think that's true in other countries/continents, though.

But, I never agreed with, nor followed, "no cheese with seafood" as a strict rule. It is a good guideline, though.

Ahh...Okay, thank you for the clarification. That is indeed very interesting.

Thanks God, the US way is not the standard in cuisine! :(

But to be more serious, fish and cheese can be a good mix, while seafood (international classification!) and milk/cream/ cheese almost never make a good mix.

Thanks God, the US way is not the standard in cuisine! :(

But to be more serious, fish and cheese can be a good mix, while seafood (international classification!) and milk/cream/ cheese almost never make a good mix.

My fettuccine Alfredo with crab meat is simply sensational.

I'll be glad to taste it. whenever tyou want! .. but i'll not bring my wife if you don't mind :(

:lol:

It probably works because, my Alfredo sauce is butter-based (not made from cream).