So long, suckers!

buckeyemike

Sometimes people who smoke pot are wildly successful...

I also think that Lewis and the guy you spoke of are the exception. Most of the people I know personally who toke aren't the most ambitious people in the world.

i think it is the person. i know lots of very successful people (a few of them multi-millionaires) who smoke on a regular (hourly) basis.

most of the lazy burnouts i knew from high school were already lazy and dumb before they started smoking weed. Pot didnt make them dumb and lazy.

i think it is the person. i know lots of very successful people (a few of them multi-millionaires) who smoke on a regular (hourly) basis.

most of the lazy burnouts i knew from high school were already lazy and dumb before they started smoking weed. Pot didnt make them dumb and lazy.

There's no correlation or causation here. My friend possesses talents entirely unrelated to his smoking habit. He can make an everlasting impression on someone in the time it takes to walk from the door to the car. I've kidded him that I could make a reality show about him called "Let me walk you out". He is one of the most unique individuals I've ever encountered.

He also trades futures like no one you've ever met. So there's that.

I used to work for an ex-hippie who started his own company from scratch and built it to $130MM in revenues. He smoked pot all the time, snorted blow, talked about his acid trips, etc. Smartest and most driven guy I've ever met. Oh yeah, he was also banging our super hot tradeshow manager.

Dr. D is correct. Lazy burnouts where dumb and lazy before pot. The pot just helps keep them that way.

Don't smoke dope, kids, or you could wind up retiring from Wall Street at 37 a multi-millionaire.

PTR

For every heavy dope smoker who retires from Wall Street a millionaire at age 37 there are a hundred heavy dope smokers who are barely functional in society.

For every heavy dope smoker who retires from Wall Street a millionaire at age 37 there are a hundred heavy dope smokers who are barely functional in society.

True. But that goes for non-pot smoker's too.