You may not like the politics of Obama but

I lost my nana in July. I miss her.

I missed the funerals for both of my grandmothers due to not being able to get away. Damn, I hated the restaurant biz.

The strange thing is that both Obama and I were born in 1961 and his grandmother is two years older than my mother. :(

I missed the funerals for both of my grandmothers due to not being able to get away. Damn, I hated the restaurant biz.

The strange thing is that both Obama and I were born in 1961 and his grandmother is two years older than my mother. :(

Everytime someone younger than my mom dies I feel a little more worried. My grandparents are long gone!

My one grandmother died when we were little so only my parents went. My other grandmother died in feb one year and the weather was so bad I couldnt drive up to WNY for the funeral, plus I had pneumonia at the time. Grandparents are special they and Uncles let ya get away with stuff your parents might not have like staying up after 9PM.

My one grandmother died when we were little so only my parents went. My other grandmother died in feb one year and the weather was so bad I couldnt drive up to WNY for the funeral, plus I had pneumonia at the time. Grandparents are special they and Uncles let ya get away with stuff your parents might not have like staying up after 9PM.

My dad's mother was a hostess at his restaurant where I worked during high school. During slow nights we'd sit and talk all night. I was closer to her than to my parents. Unfortunately she was a neurotic mess in her last years and I never went to see her in the nursing home. My brother used to give me hell for not going. I told him I wanted to keep the great memories I had of her when I was younger. Many people would regret not spending the little time left with someone that close. I don't...that's wasn't her.

His mom was 18 when she had Obama.

3 of my grandparents have passed away.

I was 13 when my first grandfather died. It's an eerie thing seeing a person take their last breaths in a hospital bed.

I only have 1 grandmother left, and she's doing pretty decent for an 83 year old woman.

But I've certainly been to the funerals of all my grandparents. I'm not sure which is tougher though, having your grandparent die, or seeing how upset your own parents are when they lose a mother or a father.

3 of my grandparents have passed away.

I was 13 when my first grandfather died. It's an eerie thing seeing a person take their last breaths in a hospital bed.

I only have 1 grandmother left, and she's doing pretty decent for an 83 year old woman.

But I've certainly been to the funerals of all my grandparents. I'm not sure which is tougher though, having your grandparent die, or seeing how upset your own parents are when they lose a mother or a father.

One grandparent died when I was 2 and the rest died from when I was 15- 32. I felt sad, but when my father died when I was 33, it was like a kick in the balls. Losing a parent is a lot worse than a grandparent, especially when they were younger like my dad (he was 60). my mom is 82 and she has the outlook that she'll probably go in the next several years, although she is relatively healthy. She doesn't want to last to 100.

I experienced that two years ago when my Dad passed away. Sad but peaceful at the same time.

My grandparents have all been gone for many years. That's one of the downsides of having kids late. Sucks that my kids will never know either of their grandfathers.

Anyway, tough time for Obama to deal with this. Hope his grandmother hangs on at least long enough to see him elected.