Would anyone have an issue with moving TSW to...

SDS

For a variety of reasons, I think having the board split off from the Two Bills Drive domain name may not be the best way to handle the situation. I registered stadiumwall.com during the evil Rivals.com years in order save the board from their diabolical clutches.

However, now I'm thinking that maybe it would be beneficial to re-unite the board with it's roots and have everyone go to:

forums.twobillsdrive.com

I would, of course, do some fancy rocket science stuff and have all the stadiumwall.com links go to the right place.

Any objections to this?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For a variety of reasons, I think having the board split off from the Two Bills Drive domain name may not be the best way to handle the situation. I registered stadiumwall.com during the evil Rivals.com years in order save the board from their diabolical clutches.

However, now I'm thinking that maybe it would be beneficial to re-unite the board with it's roots and have everyone go to:

forums.twobillsdrive.com

I would, of course, do some fancy rocket science stuff and have all the stadiumwall.com links go to the right place.

Any objections to this?

Shouldn't you first seek Gibran Hamdan's permission? You don't want him to crash the board again.

It's going to be very confusing for people when they hear "The Wall," "TSW," or look at the "Off the wall" forum. :lol:

But I don't think it really matters either way. Whichever is easier for you to maintain.

If I understand you correctly, I don't think I'm suggesting renaming the forums - just the main URL. Maybe I would need to shore up the branding of the forums simultaneously...

If I understand you correctly, I don't think I'm suggesting renaming the forums - just the main URL. Maybe I would need to shore up the branding of the forums simultaneously...

Newcomers would go to forums.twobillsdrive.com and may not understand what "The Stadium Wall" means because that's not the URL they went to. If you pushed the branding, that would probably help quite a bit. Unless you want to get away from that name in general, which is also a valid option.

Newcomers would go to forums.twobillsdrive.com and may not understand what "The Stadium Wall" means because that's not the URL they went to. If you pushed the branding, that would probably help quite a bit. Unless you want to get away from that name in general, which is also a valid option.

I'm not sure people put a lot of emphasis on the name of a subsection and the url that leads to it - especially if the url is semantically correct.

I'm not sure people put a lot of emphasis on the name of a subsection and the url that leads to it - especially if the url is semantically correct.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be facing these issues if Losman wasn't our backup.

Damn you, JP. Damn you to hell.

I guess the big inconvenience will be that everyone will have to log in again.

Therefore, I strongly suggest everyone update their email addresses (for lost password services) and/or know what your current password is.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be facing these issues if Losman wasn't our backup.

Our SabresReport/SabreSpace dual-headed monster has gotten me to think about how we have structured things and me no likey what I see. Time to tighten the ship!

Easy way to avoid confusing posters:

1) Email averyone who has ever posted here or on any of the pages.

2) As soon as everyone has read their email from you, you can then make the required changes.

3) Problem solved.

4) You're welcome. :lol:

Don't ask for permission, ask for forgiveness. Do what must be done and anyone who has an interest will follow.

Yep.

Shouldn't you first seek Gibran Hamdan's permission? You don't want him to crash the board again.

The Chroise has spoken.

Game. Set. Match. Winner.

:lol: