I am just being honest

During this off seasion I though this team should be better than last year. I thought maybe one or two games better than last year. I thought Edwards was going to be efficient, but not one of the better qb's in the league. I am impressed with the coaching staff and all this young talent. THINK about how long this could last if we are able to keep our young talent. Our ship is heading in the right direction and I think we are going to surprise some more people this year.

After watching DJ press conference from yesterday, I thought DJ showed some frustration that people thought the chargers were going to come in a beat them soundly. I know he is not highly emotional, but there was a hint of serious frustration.

During this off seasion I though this team should be better than last year. I thought maybe one or two games better than last year. I thought Edwards was going to be efficient, but not one of the better qb's in the league. I am impressed with the coaching staff and all this young talent. THINK about how long this could last if we are able to keep our young talent. Our ship is heading in the right direction and I think we are going to surprise some more people this year.

After watching DJ press conference from yesterday, I thought DJ showed some frustration that people thought the chargers were going to come in a beat them soundly. I know he is not highly emotional, but there was a hint of serious frustration.

I thought the coaches and players didn't read the press clippings.

Really who cares what others think. Remember when we were going to all those SB? People didn't like us much then either. !@#$ them I say! :lol:

Somebody ought to tell Dick to read my sig line :thumbsup:

I think the biggest factor is that this team has learned from what it went through last season.

If you see most of the folks making the contributions to the wins are the people who learned the most last year...Edwards, Ly nch, Jackson, Butler etc. The team gained some veteran leadership in Stroud and Mitchell, but through eight games the folks making the plays have been the guys who have been here last year and stayed close together....Sometimes that team chemistry can take you to the next level....

After years of frustration I can kind of understand some frustration but when Levy came back and people were criticizing his moves (i.e. Jauron and Whitner and a multitude of other things.) it was waaay to early to criticize. IMO, you have to believe the best will come of his moves. Somebody said that some people would rather be right than to see the team succeed.

Looks like Levy knew what he was doing by selecting a HC like Jauron. This team is set to be special for a long time. They are starting to hit their stride which looks good for this year and even better for years to come. :lol:

After years of frustration I can kind of understand some frustration but when Levy came back and people were criticizing his moves (i.e. Jauron and Whitner and a multitude of other things.) it was waaay to early to criticize. IMO, you have to believe the best will come of his moves. Somebody said that some people would rather be right than to see the team succeed.

Looks like Levy knew what he was doing by selecting a HC like Jauron. This team is set to be special for a long time. They are starting to hit their stride which looks good for this year and even better for years to come. :lol:

Love that DJ was a little frusterated. Hes not emotional in a rah rah way. I didnt like that when he first got here. Now I realize that his strongest leadership quality is his even keel. He's solid. Win or lose, hes emotionally solid and thats his defining leadership characteristic. Hes focused on the next play, the next game, and winning. He's always thinking about how to improve.

He still was not emotional in his comments. He was composed, and made some good statements. I have to admit it took me a while to warm up to his style. But now I see his influence paying off from top to bottom. There is a lot of buy in on our team right now.

Moral of the story: Trust in Marv. He picked DJ, and he picked these young guys that our team is built around. Everyone is buying in and the team is playing for each other. This isnt some Dallas BS.

Marv Levy for president!

Me too..We have been sold a bill of goods since bledsoe..I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop..LOL

Love that DJ was a little frusterated. Hes not emotional in a rah rah way. I didnt like that when he first got here. Now I realize that his strongest leadership quality is his even keel. He's solid. Win or lose, hes emotionally solid and thats his defining leadership characteristic. Hes focused on the next play, the next game, and winning. He's always thinking about how to improve.

He still was not emotional in his comments. He was composed, and made some good statements. I have to admit it took me a while to warm up to his style. But now I see his influence paying off from top to bottom. There is a lot of buy in on our team right now.

Moral of the story: Trust in Marv. He picked DJ, and he picked these young guys that our team is built around. Everyone is buying in and the team is playing for each other. This isnt some Dallas BS.

Marv Levy for president!

Dick Jauron is an organizer and a delegator. When you are losing, those are bad qualities, but when you win, they are good qualities.

Dick Jauron is an organizer and a delegator. When you are losing, those are bad qualities, but when you win, they are good qualities.

Great management qualities whether you are winning or losing. I dont see those as negative in any light for a coach. I always liked to play for motivating coaches. It has taken me a while to warm up to Jauron cause he doesnt appear to be a motivator. However, im not in the locker room, and I wont presume to know what Jauron says to our team in the huddle on a 90 degree day in the middle of August, or before we go visit the dolphins next week.

I like the position our team is in. His leadership has our team believing right now. You cant argue with that.

Great management qualities whether you are winning or losing. I dont see those as negative in any light for a coach. I always liked to play for motivating coaches. It has taken me a while to warm up to Jauron cause he doesnt appear to be a motivator. However, im not in the locker room, and I wont presume to know what Jauron says to our team in the huddle on a 90 degree day in the middle of August, or before we go visit the dolphins next week.

I like the position our team is in. His leadership has our team believing right now. You cant argue with that.

Marv Levy once said it wasn't his job to motivate the players and that's why Polian and Levy put a high grade on self motivated players. I agree with this. If a HC has to motivate his players he's not able to do the things he needs to do enough and he has a sorry lot of players.

I suspected the Bills would be better than last year, but I was not convinced that they were yet a playoff caliber team. I will admit, the Brady injury is a little bit of a factor, but this Bills team is better than I thought they would be. I know there is still a long way to go, and I expect there to be some bumps in the road (Trent is bound to have a bad game once there is more game footage on him), but the things I didn't factor in enough, when predicting what the Bills would be like in 2008, was the enormous positive influence that Turk Schonert would have as OC. Don't get me wrong, I loved the hire (more than most here), but I wasn't convinced that the Bills had done enough to improve their offensive talent to be a lot better, new OC and all. This offense, and the defense to a degree, has been so much more agessive than anything we have seen in some time (save the 2002 season with Bledsoe shooting his final wad), I really give this coaching staff a lot of credit. As maddingly as they have reacted at times, they have shown some flexibilty.

To be sure, Trent deserves a lot of credti, but Turks' play calling has been a real revelation. The offense still has some problems that touble me (the lack of running game for instance) but Turk seems to be the first OC we have had since Marchiabroda, that doesn't mind playing to the talents of his guys, rather than making them adapt to his own system. He knows he has a smart kid behind center, and he isn't scared to use that for the Bills advantage. If Fairchild and Mularkey, et al, had ever let JP play to his skill set, right from the start (use his mobiltiy as more of a weapon), maybe one of them would still be here...

My game ball, for the first 7 weeks of the season, goes to Turk Schonert...

And, with the exception of one other year, Jauron was also a loser.

Dick for President! Go Dick! :worthy:

And to PNW: you, sir, are an obvious moron! How could you lack any confidence whatsoever? :wallbash: