Ko Simpson

BillsVet

teams attemps SO FEW deep balls against us. i think that shows our safeties are very strong.

if leodis keeps stepping it up, youboty and mcgee comes back, then our nickle package will really put the hurt on guys.

No, it shows that we play a Cover 2 that predominantly removes the deep passing game. It works at times (San Diego) and other times it doesn't (Arizona)

I will admit this is a non-issue if Simpson is back out there at FS (with Whitner at SS) against Miami and for the remainder of the season. However, if Bryan Scott is paired with Whitner more often each week, you have an answer by default about Ko Simpson. The team isn't going to come out and say a player is benched, that's just not Jauron's style and I respect that.

However, the notion that Simpson didn't play because of a slight hammy issue combined with Scott being both stronger in coverage on Gates and in run support is one thing. I happen to think it's Simpson who's just not as good as some think.

We'll just have to wait.

EDIT: The D and C article points out that it was George Wilson who came in during nickel situations, with Whitner moving to the nickel, Scott at SS, and Wilson at FS. I understand the first two, but Wilson in for Simpson? Was the hammy worse than probable or is Wilson that good? At this point I'm not sure.