So I detailed the car over the weekend.

RayFinkle

...streak free windows? I have tried all different brands of window cleaner, but I can't get rid of the streaks when the sunlight hits, or the windows fog up. Anybody got any tricks of the trade they would like to share?

1. wash the windows when they are cool

2. Wipe them with a wad of newspaper

3. Change your glass cleaner

So after the windows are washed and dry, I then come in and wipe them down with a wad of newspaper?

You got the car detailed and they didn't clean the windows?

He did it himself.

I hope he detailed his tire pressure, belt tension, power steering pump level, AT fluid level, lubed any chassis fittings, lubed hinges and lock cylinders, checked PCV valve, air cleaner, lug nuts, changed out his motor oil and filter, and the like, for the coming harsh season.

That, or composed a letter or an internet blather blaming a manufacturer for making a crappy car.

Rain-X.

Actually, it puts a hazy film on the windows, but when it rains - the effect is worth it. It's like going into hyper-drive in StarWarz.

Last i checked, you're supposed to buff off the Rain-X after 15 minutes. :(

Last i checked, you're supposed to buff off the Rain-X after 15 minutes. :(

I prefer the Castrol Super Clean Accuvision stuff. Goes on easier - spray and wipe it clean. No need to buff it out after 15 minutes, and works as well as the Rain-X.

Course now I'm just lazy and buy the washer fluid with the Rain-X already mixed in.