I'm really sick of all the Cowboys media exposure

All the networks and ESPN keep feeding us non-stop Cowboys coverage. And a lot of it is redundant. They were over rated by the media all along, they're not good and they're not even that interesting. Bills, Steelers and Titans get barely any coverage yet all are clearly better teams playing much better quality football. Heck, even the Giants coverage is a fraction of what Dallas gets.

$$$$$$$$$$$

Dallas is a big market and they have fans across the country. The more E$PN talks about them, the more people will watch. Same goes with the Red Sox...though ESPN covers them like NESN does.

So glad the Red Sox lost last night. I really can't deal with any more media coverage of that team.

Dallas is getting to be just as bad.

Dallas population >> Buffalo population

Dallas population >> Pittsburgh population

Dallas population >> Nashville population

unfortunately, ESPN has become a completely obvious whore. more so than ever before.

What they're not factoring is how many viewers they will lose from the non-Cowboys obsessed fans like me. I'm watching them a lot less given all the Cowboys stuff. I can't be the only one feels like this.

I actually prefer Dallas and other big markets getting more coverage than Buffalo. It's nice seeing the occasional special on the Bills, but I really prefer Buffalo flying under the radar, keeping the national exposure to a minimum.

Buffalo just had it's biggest win in a long, long time and when you go to ESPN.com's NFL front-page, you struggle to find any article on the win...good stuff.

So glad the Red Sox lost last night. I really can't deal with any more media coverage of that team.

Dallas is getting to be just as bad.

The Red Sox will still get the media coverage, both positive and negative. I see what you're saying, but the truth is there is a flip side to getting all of the press. For example, Joba gets a DUI on a Saturday night in Nebraska. If Joba played for the Royals, would it have been the second headline on ESPN.com? I'd say no.

Think Marshawn's case this summer would have generated more negative press if he was Dallas' running back? Sure it would have.

As a fan of a team that gets shoved down the public's throat with every move (Yankees) and a fan of a team that's largely ignored (Bills), I much prefer to have the team out of the spotlight.

I actually prefer Dallas and other big markets getting more coverage than Buffalo. It's nice seeing the occasional special on the Bills, but I really prefer Buffalo flying under the radar, keeping the national exposure to a minimum.

Buffalo just had it's biggest win in a long, long time and when you go to ESPN.com's NFL front-page, you struggle to find any article on the win...good stuff.

Thanks for dropping by Dick! :angry:

I agree with you 113% WES. Let the cowboys get the attention whether positive or negative...course I enjoy it much more when it's the negative variety.

Best line...Ditka this morning when discussing Dallas and whether Wade should be canned..."Well, they already have 3 head coaches."

Wade

Garrett

Jones

All the networks and ESPN keep feeding us non-stop Cowboys coverage. And a lot of it is redundant. They were over rated by the media all along, they're not good and they're not even that interesting. Bills, Steelers and Titans get barely any coverage yet all are clearly better teams playing much better quality football. Heck, even the Giants coverage is a fraction of what Dallas gets.

Great post. A friend of mine at work (Steelers fan) has been saying the same thing for week. Ed Werner seems to live in the Cowboys' complex.

Why aren't, for example, the Steelers getting that much attention? They're 5-1, with the toughest schedule in football. They have WAY MORE FANS across the country than Dallas' fans. And they appeal way more to the average football fan, with their hard-nosed play.

This is an excellent example of the sports media's laziness. It's just easier to find one story and beat it to death (e.g., Brady and Pats last season; Favre at the beginning of this season; now the Cowboys), than to work to find good stories every week.

It's OK. Without the exposure we would never get to see Wade. :angry:

The Red Sox will still get the media coverage, both positive and negative. I see what you're saying, but the truth is there is a flip side to getting all of the press. For example, Joba gets a DUI on a Saturday night in Nebraska. If Joba played for the Royals, would it have been the second headline on ESPN.com? I'd say no.

Think Marshawn's case this summer would have generated more negative press if he was Dallas' running back? Sure it would have.

As a fan of a team that gets shoved down the public's throat with every move (Yankees) and a fan of a team that's largely ignored (Bills), I much prefer to have the team out of the spotlight.

You make good points, but they've gone too far this time. I wouldn't mind seeing some Bills and other 5&1 teams and Titans highlights more often. For example, if TO had made the TD catch on his helmet like Evans, it would be a non-stop highlight on ESPN and the networks. I haven't seen it once on ESPN this morning. Even though Bills have played 1 less game, Evans has 123 more yards than TO and only 1 less TD ... how many people know that?

You make good points, but they've gone too far this time. I wouldn't mind seeing some Bills and other 5&1 teams and Titans highlights more often. For example, if TO had made the TD catch on his helmet like Evans, it would be a non-stop highlight on ESPN and the networks. I haven't seen it once on ESPN this morning. Even though Bills have played 1 less game, Evans has 123 more yards than TO and only 1 less TD ... how many people know that?

No arguing that. But what's important is that you know that and I know that and the people on this board know that. To hell with everyone else.

I just sent Peter King this e-mail:

Peter-- What's the deal with the non-stop Cowboys' coverage by the media. I noticed that you too were seduced into leading MMQB with a Cowboys story. I'm a fan of a small-market team (Buffalo), and I can understand how the media maybe doesn't want to cover smaller markets. But why no love for the Giants, Steelers, Skins, Titans, etc.?

I just sent Peter King this e-mail:

Peter-- What's the deal with the non-stop Cowboys' coverage by the media. I noticed that you too were seduced into leading MMQB with a Cowboys story. I'm a fan of a small-market team (Buffalo), and I can understand how the media maybe doesn't want to cover smaller markets. But why no love for the Giants, Steelers, Skins, Titans, etc.?

Nice :angry:

The media is treating cowboys like they're the 2 time defending super bowl champs and it's some kind of shock they're 4 & 3. reality is they haven't won a super bowl in 13 years and were 1 and done in last year's playoff, losing at home.