Why wasn't Trent wearing a Ridell revolution or a

ACor58

Not that I am looking for something to complain about. But after receiving his forst concussion, don't you think that TE should be wearing a helment that is proven to minimize his risk of developing a second?

Riddell:

Today, research shows that players wearing the Riddell Revolution® are 31% less likely to suffer a concussion when compared to traditonal football helmets. For athletes who had never suffered a previous concussion, wearing the Riddell Revolution® decreased their relative risk of concussion by 41%.

Schutt:

The ION 4DTM features design and engineering never before utilized in a football helmet. The helmet uses SKYDEX2TM TPU Cushioning, a cushioning system that absorbs up to 55% more force from impact than its top competitor. In addition, the ION 4DTM also features the Energy Wedge Faceguard, a completely new design that acts as a shock absorber for direct frontal impacts to the helmet.

Could it be some kind of sponsorship issue or are all players free to make their own equipment decisions?

They are free to wear whichever helment they choose, as long as it is approved for use in the NFL.

Not that I am looking for something to complain about. But after receiving his forst concussion, don't you think that TE should be wearing a helment that is proven to minimize his risk of developing a second?

Riddell:

Today, research shows that players wearing the Riddell Revolution® are 31% less likely to suffer a concussion when compared to traditonal football helmets. For athletes who had never suffered a previous concussion, wearing the Riddell Revolution® decreased their relative risk of concussion by 41%.

Schutt:

The ION 4DTM features design and engineering never before utilized in a football helmet. The helmet uses SKYDEX2TM TPU Cushioning, a cushioning system that absorbs up to 55% more force from impact than its top competitor. In addition, the ION 4DTM also features the Energy Wedge Faceguard, a completely new design that acts as a shock absorber for direct frontal impacts to the helmet.

I have a friend who sells for Riddell, and he says that most NFL players have better helmets than the Revolution already. In fact, most are completely custom made for each individual player so that it fits comfortably and provides the best protection for each player. The Revolution is more for NCAA (although they too are starting to move to custom helmets at some of the bigger schools) and for high school.

Schutt's are garbage compared to Riddell, from what he says :angry:

I have a friend who sells for Riddell, and he says that most NFL players have better helmets than the Revolution already. In fact, most are completely custom made for each individual player so that it fits comfortably and provides the best protection for each player. The Revolution is more for NCAA (although they too are starting to move to custom helmets at some of the bigger schools) and for high school.

Schutt's are garbage compared to Riddell, from what he says :angry:

Trent's helmet almost came off when Wilson hit him. I think he needs to be refitted.

frankly, i am more surprised by all of the posters who expect him to wear a Kelso helmet after one minor concussion.

he's fine, his helmet is fine. instead of changing his helmet, why dont we just step up the pass protection (like we did yesterday) and prevent him from getting hit at all?

frankly, i am more surprised by all of the posters who expect him to wear a Kelso helmet after one minor concussion.

he's fine, his helmet is fine. instead of changing his helmet, why dont we just step up the pass protection (like we did yesterday) and prevent him from getting hit at all?

I am not asking him to wear a foam shell on his dome, just wear a different helmet to reduce the risk.

if thats the helmet he is comfortable playing in and it allows him to play so well, why change it?

So he is 31% less likely to get another concussion. I don't think that a different helmet will have a negative impact on his play.

So he is 31% less likely to get another concussion. I don't think that a different helmet will have a negative impact on his play.

ok, but thats for him and the trainers to decide.

im definitely not arguing against your want to keep our QB healthy. but i wouldnt worry too much about it.

not letting him get hit at all makes him 100% less likely to get another concussion :angry:

ok, but thats for him and the trainers to decide.

im definitely not arguing against your want to keep our QB healthy. but i wouldnt worry too much about it.

not letting him get hit at all makes him 100% less likely to get another concussion :angry:

I agree. Let's hope that O-Line keeps guys off of him.