Glad to see we're consistent

eball

I see the same yo-yos -- fans and media alike -- who claimed the Bills were a fraud after losing to a very good team in Arizona, without their starting QB, now proclaim them to be the best thing since sliced bread. Classic. :angry:

All kidding aside, that was a great "statement" win for the Bills yesterday, and I only hope they are able to keep their composure and "us against the world" mentality as they head to Miami next week.

Couple of questions/thoughts about the game:

Duke Preston -- he seemed to play well; is there any thought the Bills should replace Fowler with Duke from here on out?

McKelvin -- yes, he gave up the two TDs, but for a rookie in his first start he appeared to hold his own; am I missing anything?

Lynch/Jackson -- after Fred pancaked the DB to allow Marshawn to walk into the end zone, did anyone else notice how Lynch joked around by grabbing Jackson's jersey and walking behind him with his head down as if to say, "I'm just following this guy?" It was hilarious, and yet another example of how much these guys seem to like and respect each other.

Lindell -- I can honestly say I've completely turned the corner with this guy. I now expect him to make every clutch kick in the 4th quarter.

Evans -- who was it posting after the contract extension was signed that Evans didn't deserve the money because "one or two" long catches per game isn't enough, and he's not a possession receiver? Did you see anything yesterday to change your mind?

IT'S FRIGGIN' MIAMI WEEK!!!! SQUISH THE FISH!!!!

Two things: Yes, I think Preston should stay at center the rest of the way this year so we can get a better evaluation of him and keep the seat warm for Alex Mack ( the Bills 1st round pick this next draft) :angry: , and besides the two TD's which are the only plays most see from a CB, McKelvin is making strides. This playing time will really pay off down the road, maybe sooner than we think.........

Duke Preston -- he seemed to play well; is there any thought the Bills should replace Fowler with Duke from here on out?

McKelvin -- yes, he gave up the two TDs, but for a rookie in his first start he appeared to hold his own; am I missing anything?

I didn't get to see as much of Preston as I would have liked (power outage, and I was watching Peters :angry: ), but ya gotta admit, the middle was holding up pretty well. Frankly, I am surprised because I was never before very happy with his play. I am sure the coaches will know what to do.

As for McKelvin, he was playing hard and making lots of tackles, but rookie qbs are gonna get smoked sometimes. It has to happen. It is great that he got game experience, but starting a rookie corner is ususlly a very dangerous thing to do.

Hey.....what did you think of Peters yesterday? :thumbsup:

Peters was outstanding. I have never been impressed with Preston's play either (especially at guard) but at center he IMO is a slight upgrade over Fowler. I would let Fowler go and keep Preston as a backup to a 1st day pick at center next year.

Lynch/Jackson -- after Fred pancaked the DB to allow Marshawn to walk into the end zone, did anyone else notice how Lynch joked around by grabbing Jackson's jersey and walking behind him with his head down as if to say, "I'm just following this guy?" It was hilarious, and yet another example of how much these guys seem to like and respect each other.

That was one of my favorite parts of the game. The downfield blocking yesterday was amazing, and as long as the runners continue to give credit where credit is due, it will continue to happen.

McCorner...on the second TD he appeared to have very good coverage. The only replay I've seen didn't give a good perspective on how close he was to the receiver (or how close he came to knocking the ball away), but it looked like good coverage beaten by a perfect throw & catch.

Regarding the running game...why do we seem to have better success on tosses (vs. handoffs)?

Stat O the Week nomination: 83.3