What's the worst problem on this team?

KurtGodel77

If you could only fix one thing, what would it be?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. If you could only fix one thing, what would it be?

• The QB position
    • The offensive line
    • Our safeties
    • Blitz pickup by our TEs and backs
    • The coaching
    • Dropped passes/inconsistent play from WRs
    • Our DL's pass rush

If we are talking about this many problems (and you are right..we HAVE this many problems) then TD and MM should probably go.  And the sooner the better.

84890[/snapback]

I'm not sure that Mularkey is to blame for these problems. Our starting OLG couldn't even make Baltimore's roster. Our ORT is a joke. We don't have all the talent in the world at center. Our QBs consist of Bledsoe, a journeyman, and a rookie with a broken leg. Except for Milloy, we don't really have any safeties. What exactly do you expect a rookie head coach to accomplish with a roster like this?

I'm not sure that Mularkey is to blame for these problems. Our starting OLG couldn't even make Baltimore's roster. Our ORT is a joke. We don't have all the talent in the world at center. Our QBs consist of Bledsoe, a journeyman, and a rookie with a broken leg. Except for Milloy, we don't really have any safeties. What exactly do you expect a rookie head coach to accomplish with a roster like this?

85493[/snapback]

I gotta admit, you are painting a very clear picture. :angry:

This is what TD left MM to contend with.

BUT, why on earth did he start Henry?

I gotta admit, you are painting a very clear picture.  :angry:

This is what TD left MM to contend with.

BUT, why on earth did he start Henry?

85505[/snapback]

Starting Henry was a mistake, but Mularkey corrected it in the second half. That's the difference between Mularkey and Gregg Williams: Mularkey corrects his mistakes.

He had Moulds WIDE open in the front of the EZ and threw it so far behind him, I wonder if Eric even SAW it.

Everyone who uses this as an example of a poor Bledsoe performance yesterday needs to look at this play again. If he threw the ball in front of Moulds, it would have never reached him because two large arms were blocking the throwing lane. He threw it behind Moulds and to the right of the arms to give it a chance. The replay from the endzone showed the blocked lane.

Bledsoe played poorly yesterday, but this is not a good example of a guy just throwing a crappy pass to a wide open receiver. There are actually people standing and jumping in front of the quarterback to block his throwing lanes.

The worst problem is a combination of our Oline and our QB.  They are like oil and water.  Our QB needs an all pro line to be produtive and our Oline needs a QB who can make quick desisions with the ball and get rid of it...though I'd lean more towards DB being the problem: He makes the Oline look worse than they really are.

83433[/snapback]

Seems to me that this is the reverse. DB is the classic old style stand in the pocket qb, only he is standing behind possibly the absolute worst ol in the entire NFL. The only first round draft pick I can think of that was worse than Mike Williams may be Ryan Leaf. Every de in the league looking at their schedule giggles with glee knowing they get to pad their stats against MW. He can't move quick enough to stop anyone going around him. No one on that line can drive block or pass block. I don't see any improvement possible with jp in the game until the of line is improved (replaced). They suck.

Simple....No Leadership by example.

84811[/snapback]

Sorry but if you want to look at leadership you will not find any until you fix that O-line. If anyone needs proof what a good offensive line can do for a QB,RB,TE look at Kansas City. Remember people there is a reason we can't run the ball in the RED ZONE...............DOWN THERE YOU HAVE TO MAN UP ........PUT THE WOMAN AND CHILDREN TO BED GO GET F#$@ING DINNER ..................HAY DIDNT K.C. THIS YEAR LOST THEIR STARTING OFFENSIVE TACKLE. DIDNT THEY RUN RAY LEWIS OUT OF BALTIMORE TWO WEEKS AGO AND FOLLOWED THAT UP WITH RUNNING FOR 8 TD'S AGAINST THE FALCONS .............THIS ONE IS A NO BRAINER WE CAN FOCUS ALL WE WANT ON BLEDSOE BUT UNTIL THE LINE IS FIXED PROPERLY ITS A WASTE OF TIME :angry:

Everyone who uses this as an example of a poor Bledsoe performance yesterday needs to look at this play again. If he threw the ball in front of Moulds, it would have never reached him because two large arms were blocking the throwing lane. He threw it behind Moulds and to the right of the arms to give it a chance. The replay from the endzone showed the blocked lane.

85557[/snapback]

Wrong, I just reviewed the tape and it was a poorly thrown ball by Bledose, the defender never had a chance on that play, he raised his arms allright seconds after the ball was thrown, it should have been 6 on the board but Bledsoe, as usual, couldn't deliver.

I guess posts are being deleted again for telling the truth. I mentioned 25-30% of the board totally had no clue about the game of football that were voting for Matthews to start playing. Give it 2-3 weeks until Loseman is ready then we'll have a real discussion. Matthews would be a very disgusting sight.

I guess posts are being deleted again for telling the truth. I mentioned 25-30% of the board totally had no clue about the game of football that were voting for Matthews to start playing. Give it 2-3 weeks until Loseman is ready then we'll have a real discussion. Matthews would be a very disgusting sight.

92042[/snapback]

I totally agree: Matthews isn't the answer at QB. Losman might well be.

Going into next year's draft, I'd do this: Trade TH for whatever I could get. If I was lucky, it'd be a 2nd round pick. I'd take a 3rd round pick for him, but nothing less than that. I'd either cut Mike Williams, or give him a massive paycut and move him to guard. If he refuses, he's gone. Jonas Jennings should get a fair offer, but nothing too substantial. Chances are that he's gone too. Marcus Price could start, but we'd need to draft someone to start opposite to him.

This plan would give us three picks in the first three rounds. We'd have three starting positions on the OL to fill (OT, C, OLG). So I'd do that, and then worry about other positions later in the draft.