Gate 7 and Gate 6 at RWS

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere; I did scan the first three pages. Did anyone else have trouble getting into the stadium at these gates? Took us 55 mins. at Gate 7, which we only went to because Gate 6 was worse--and we got to the gate at 1220, not at 1pm. It had nothing to do with the volume of the crowd; at both gates, they were letting folks in about fifteen at a time, then holding EVERYBODY else for a few minutes thereafter. Rumor in the waiting corral was that the ticket scanning machines were down, but when we finally got through, our tix weren't scanned at all.

If this is related to the power outage, ok. If it's anything else, wow, the Bills owe a lot of fans some apologies, and the Bills can be very happy that there wasn't a stampede (which was threatened a few times and thankfully never happened).

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere; I did scan the first three pages. Did anyone else have trouble getting into the stadium at these gates? Took us 55 mins. at Gate 7, which we only went to because Gate 6 was worse--and we got to the gate at 1220, not at 1pm. It had nothing to do with the volume of the crowd; at both gates, they were letting folks in about fifteen at a time, then holding EVERYBODY else for a few minutes thereafter. Rumor in the waiting corral was that the ticket scanning machines were down, but when we finally got through, our tix weren't scanned at all.

If this is related to the power outage, ok. If it's anything else, wow, the Bills owe a lot of fans some apologies, and the Bills can be very happy that there wasn't a stampede (which was threatened a few times and thankfully never happened).

Gate 8 took us about 35 minutes

The Bills owe the fans an apology because the dumbass people that buy tickets all try and jam into the first few gates in sight, instead of the ones on their ticket?

From Chris Brown's blog

There was a power outage at One Bills Drive at approximately 12:32pm where the electricity went out in the stadium, the Bills Fieldhouse and just about everywhere else on the premises. It initially threatened the start time for the game, but power was restored at 12:46pm and it appears that problem was averted.

The reason a power outage would have delayed the game is because fans need to get their tickets scanned to get in. As a result the fans are backed up a mile outside the stadium waiting for entry.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/

From Chris Brown's blog

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/

Thanks very much for this answer. And judging from the two posts above this, we just showed up about five minutes too late (dumb luck, we were trying to get in early) and got stuck in the line. I guess they must have given up on the scanning system by the time we got to the front.

The Bills owe the fans an apology because the dumbass people that buy tickets all try and jam into the first few gates in sight, instead of the ones on their ticket?

Really.

7 was the gate on my ticket, you ass. We passed 6 on the way to 7. And since the answer above takes care of it, no apologies are needed for anyone.

Really.

7 was the gate on my ticket, you ass. We passed 6 on the way to 7. And since the answer above takes care of it, no apologies are needed for anyone.

I'm not saying you. Its the majority of people in front and behind you that causes you trouble. The scanners weren't working today, which only adds to the chaos. But the drunk retards that see a gate and try to all cram into it is the majority of problems with getting in. Today just seemed to be worse.

Well, I can't speak for today's game, but usually many don't like making the half walk around the stadium to their actual gate.
Why would it matter? The parking lots are distributed around the stadium. If some people who park on the North side prefer to go in a gate on that side, even though their seats are on the South side, wouldn't logic suggest there would be a similar number of people who enter a gate on the South side even though their seats are on the North side?

Why would it matter? The parking lots are distributed around the stadium. If some people who park on the North side prefer to go in a gate on that side, even though their seats are on the South side, wouldn't logic suggest there would be a similar number of people who enter a gate on the South side even though their seats are on the North side?

Absolutely. But then the Bills don't owe the fans an apology when you can't get in because its jammed.

Not really, at least in my opinion. The gates at the scoreboard end zone catch traffic from across Abbott Rd., as well as the lots north and south of the stadium. If you're running late (past 12:30), your best bet is to go to the ones on the tunnel end.

But today, with the power outage, it wouldn't have mattered.