Whitner disses JP in a roundabout way...

Big Turk

You know, for everyone who is jumping all over Whitner calling him classless and pathetic, how the !@#$ do we know as fans what goes on behind closed doors between JP and his teammates. Maybe he's a huge friggin prick whose actions deserve people calling him out. I read every article you guys did about him being a Buffalonian and picking up trash, but it's certainly possible it's all just a facade. I know it's one of those ticky-tacky things to look at, but why does it seem he doesn't give a sh-- every time we score or make a big play?

And at the end of the day, maybe it's alright that he's decided to give up on the team that gave up on him. But at this point it's mindless to call out Donte as if he's some sort of scumbag. It's entirely possible he's speaking on behalf of the whole team.

This is exactly right. Know one knows what goes on inside the lockerroom. Maybe Losman is not the beloved teammate everybody likes to think he is. He had a bad reputation at UCLA, in one of the articles by one of the beat guys there saying that Losman was the outsider & just could not get along with the other qbs on the team, he had a poor rep at Tulane, even being called out by the rb from Minn(former teammate at tulane) saying something along the lines of he will never go to battle with this guy, he gets to b-low & the veterans immeduiately hate him because of his cocky attitude & now whitner calls him out in a not so subtle way. Who knows what is going on but it is pretty obvious from some comments by bills players & turk that Losman has checked out & it would of been better off probably for all parties involved just to falt out cut him in the offseason & go with the chroise or whatever the hell you guys call him as the backup.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an awful lot of speculation there. I find it hard to believe that a team leader is going to go out of his way to take a shot at the backup QB three weeks after a big win at home in which the backup QB never sniffs the field. I think it started out as trying to compliment Trent's play and turned into a little verbal diarrhea, and next thin you know everyone is reading into his comments.

Bottom line - it's Trent's team. Period. All JP has to do is put in his prep time, stay ready in case Trent gets dinged again, and count the days until free agency starts.

Sort of a Freudian slip.

I don't know if this was brought up in a separate thread...?? But, I will say it... JP would have never handled the game with the power and normal modern communication lines being out... He would have been totally amped and lost... Even simple multi-tasking like watching the back judge for the time... Totally lost.

There are days like this that we should be thankful to have a guy like Trent.

Flame away if needed.

Baloney. I hope your hate for JP gives you an ulcer. And your namesake is a Satan worshipping thief, just ask Willie Dixon.

So tell me... JP would have been cool as a cumcumber.

Dick's own words:

"I wouln't say that we were in panic, but things were pretty crazy."

This from "The Mortician."

Sorry for slacking JP, but demeanor is critical during the game and especially crisis... It separates the real leaders from the chumps.

Or it could have just been one of those things were praising one might come across as criticism of another, but he didn't mean it that way.

He said it. Whether it was deliberate or an accident we'll never know but it still doesn't change the facts of what he said. I don't believe anyone is reading too deeply into it to reach the conclusion he's dissing JP.

So tell me... JP would have been cool as a cumcumber.

Dick's own words:

"I wouln't say that we were in panic, but things were pretty crazy."

This from "The Mortician."

Sorry for slacking JP, but demeanor is critical during the game and especially crisis... It separates the real leaders from the chumps.

Crossed lines here, EII. I was disagreeing in the strongest way with the newbie's post "If Edwards had not been hurt in AZ the Bills would be 6 - 0 right now." JPL did not lose that game, the defense did. Last I checked, Trent doesn't play defense. And I'll go on to say that as long as Mr. Losman is a member of the Buffalo Bills, I will hope and expect for him to play lights out and lead this team to success any time he is under center. If and when he leaves the Bills after this season as a FA, I wish him well, and will root for him to succeed in every game that is not played against my Buffalo Bills. I have my favorite and not-so-favorite players on this team, but for a so-called Bills fan (not talking about you, BTW) to revel in JP's struggles is counterproductive, and even dare I say, traitorus.

So there you have it I've been saying the same thing.

But the experts on the board say no way.

I guess that means Whitner doesn't know what he's talking about.

it has nothing to do with whitner knowing more than fans here and all to do with a defensive player laying blame on offense and using the quarterback that he knows fans have a problem with as his scapegoat...Whitner normally doesn't act this way so I've got to assume hes not purposely blaming and maybe subconsciously doing it...JP should have played better, but his #'s really weren't all that bad till the 4th quarter and no matter how you feel about JP, the defense needed to step it up...the defense allowed 100% of 3rd conversion for the first half of the game. I believe it was 6/6 3rd downs maybe 9/9....Yes the defense did get better in the 2nd half but they still had the worst game of there season against Arizona...another thing is I believe Buffalo went into the game thinking Arizona was a worse team then they are due to Jets man-handling them...Arizona is 4-2 with 2 of their wins over Buffalo(5-1) and Dallas(4-3)..I think Arizona is a better team than most thought they were...Im sure theres more than what I just stated but to blame it soley on JP is ludicrouse...would we have done better with TE.. I believe so but the defense still allowed Arizona to walk all over them.

Crossed lines here, EII. I was disagreeing in the strongest way with the newbie's post "If Edwards had not been hurt in AZ the Bills would be 6 - 0 right now." JPL did not lose that game, the defense did. Last I checked, Trent doesn't play defense. And I'll go on to say that as long as Mr. Losman is a member of the Buffalo Bills, I will hope and expect for him to play lights out and lead this team to success any time he is under center. If and when he leaves the Bills after this season as a FA, I wish him well, and will root for him to succeed in every game that is not played against my Buffalo Bills. I have my favorite and not-so-favorite players on this team, but for a so-called Bills fan (not talking about you, BTW) to revel in JP's struggles is counterproductive, and even dare I say, traitorus.

Yes, the D lost the game against AZ because the O couldn't manage the game and the D stayed too long on the field. A nice, steady, controlled O would have worked wonders on the D.

Yes, the D lost the game against AZ because the O couldn't manage the game and the D stayed too long on the field. A nice, steady, controlled O would have worked wonders on the D.

:angry:

Seriously, did some people get a different broadcast of last week's game than the one I watched? I ask because I see so many people saying something similar to the above and it bears no relation to what actually happened.

You know what, it's great that the team has confidence in Edwards. I do too. But him getting hurt shouldn't be an excuse for that absolutely abysmal display I saw from the defense last week. Trent Edwards being out did not lead to Arizona scoring every time they had the ball in the first half.

yeah really. i don't know if whitner's comments were really all that well-advised, considering the way the defense LAID DOWN in arizona.

I am OK with the Arizona A!! Whipping. A team actually needs a game like that to slap them back to reality with what is required each week to win. When Trent got hurt, the wind was taken away from the entire Bills team. The team clearly understands what it has with Trent as the QB vs JP. I feel the defensive strategy actually changed when Trent went out. I am not saying we would have definitely won vs Arizona with Trent. Arizona would have beaten anyone that day. i am saying the Bills would have been more confident and competitive with Trent in the Ball game.

yeah really. i don't know if whitner's comments were really all that well-advised, considering the way the defense LAID DOWN in arizona.

Okay. I will say you are right. Do you actually think the D would have played the same way high level yesterday had Trent got hurt against the Chargers. Part of JP's problem is also how your team plays for you. :angry::thumbsup:

I got bashed pretty hard by someone here for saying the exact same thing last week...haha...Thank You Donte!!!

If anyone questions what TE means to this Team on Offense AND Defense...there ya go...He's The TEAM Leader...Not just The Offensive Leader...The whole Team looks to TE and says..."We have a shot vs. anyone with that Kid at QB."

Nice... :angry:

Yes, all of my posts were deleted for saying the same things as well ... many times. The so-called experts don't like being called out or proven wrong on things they just can't see past their love for JP. The guy will never be better than an average QB (remember when the same people said Willis would make Probowl after leaving the Bills, that Rob Johnson was better than Flutie, that JP gave us a better chance than Trent, etc)

:angry:

Seriously, did some people get a different broadcast of last week's game than the one I watched? I ask because I see so many people saying something similar to the above and it bears no relation to what actually happened.

Watch the game again. Those little (dumb) mistakes JP makes, those long drives that are missing with JP can have a much larger impact on the game than you think. He cannot manage a football game and Donte is simply saying they know that, and have no confidence when he's in there.

Yes, all of my posts were deleted for saying the same things as well ... many times. The so-called experts don't like being called out or proven wrong on things they just can't see past their love for JP. The guy will never be better than an average QB (remember when the same people said Willis would make Probowl after leaving the Bills, that Rob Johnson was better than Flutie, that JP gave us a better chance than Trent, etc)

Youre giving him too much credit..Whitner said what he said...There is no professor in the world neeeded to decipher what he said because he spelled it out so a 2yr old could understand it.. I cant beleive there are some people here still spinning it a different way..Too funny..In the end it really doesnt matter he will be gone after this yr and he can be someone elses excuse...

Youre giving him too much credit..Whitner said what he said...There is no professor in the world neeeded to decipher what he said because he spelled it out so a 2yr old could understand it.. I cant beleive there are some people here still spinning it a different way..Too funny..In the end it really doesnt matter he will be gone after this yr and he can be someone elses excuse...

Exactly.

But hey... JP is a nice guy! :angry::thumbsup:

Donte is a pathetic classless teammate, after hearing his comments and watching the D play today, I say cut JP tommorow, I never seen in my 45 years as a Bills fan the level of crap a player has taken from the fans and teammates that this guy has endured. If a inept effot by the D and O line against Arizona is based on losing the Qb your prefer than it says a hell of a lot about the team not the QB. Donte and his D sucked in Arizona, to blame that on someone else says alot about character. Maybe the management should get the team together and ask them who they would play for in Trent goes down.

Spot on here. How many 3d downs did AZ convert? How many 70+ yard scoring drives?

Very poor choice of words for Donte, supposedly one of the leaders on the team. There is little reason to ever throw one of the 53 guys on the team under the bus. You need them all to win, so I really don't understand why a player (or, *ahem* fan) would go out of their way to bash the backup QB.

Hey Donte, did you see K.Mitchell actually go out there and make a play? You win games by causing turnovers and not letting the offense run past you. The game is not won on Thursday night at your house, during your pre or post game comments or making a tackle 10 yards deep in the end zone after the WR blows past you! What a joke, to make JP a scapegoat for an AWFUL defense and a poor gameplan. How about calling out the Dline? Or PF? How about taking a look at yourself because I have never heard a true leader make a comment about a BACKUP QB like that. Gee Donte, if you the lose "leadership" part of your game, what else do you got?

Why are we even talking about JP, he is a BACKUP! Trent is a future star! Donte is a blowhard! Enough said!