A real poll about DB

KurtGodel77

How long should we stick with Bledsoe?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. How long should we stick with Bledsoe?

• We should bench him immediately, and start Matthews
    • We should bench him once Losman is healthy
    • We should play him through this year, then let Losman start next year
    • Bledsoe should be our starter for two years or more

I'd give Bledsoe the 1st half of the Arizona game, if he still looks friggin' clueless then Matthews starts the 2nd half. What's the worse that could happen...we lose?

I swear Mularkey must feel handcuffed by TD and his 'play the players I've gotten you' mentality. At some point wins (although they still are nice) should stop being the focus and getting some other players some reps to see what they can do should be the plan. If nothing else benching your starting QB who isn't doing jackschitt just might show the other players that you are determined to do what it takes to win the friggin' game. How does that saying about insanity go, doing the same thing over and over? It get's pretty old watching the same old clusterfug football over and over too.

I see we have a lot of Shane Matthews fans. Or at least, people who believe that even a washed-up journeyman like him would be better than Bledsoe.

83804[/snapback]

Remind me, PLEASE remind me, how he could be worse.

Really. HOW COULD HE BE WORSE than bledsoe?

84275[/snapback]

Don't ask questions like this. If you do, Bledsoe will get injured/benched, and we'll find out exactly how much worse our QB position can really be!!

Though I have to admit that if Bledsoe and Johnson were both on the roster, I'd start Johnson.

Maybe we should cut Bledsoe now to free up cap space for next year. This year, we'd be eating Bledsoe signing bonus instead of Bledsoe salary. Next year, we'd be free and clear.

The problem is, who do you put in Bledsoe's place? You can't go into a game with your only healthy QB as Shane Matthews.

That's really cool that Drew actually comes to TBD!!!!!!!!!!! Look - he voted for himself!!! (because I can't see anyone else doing it)

That's really cool that Drew actually comes to TBD!!!!!!!!!!!  Look - he voted for himself!!! (because I can't see anyone else doing it)

85565[/snapback]

Maybe you're right. Or maybe it's a woman voting for him based on . . . something other than insightful football knowledge.

All I know is as bad as this situation is, if you are asking for Matthews to start you truly have no clue about the game that is called football, American style. I lived in Chi town most of the two years Matthews played and trust me, it could get worse. Any game with wind gusting more than 10 mph would be a complete disaster. If JP was healthy this would be worth talking about but as long as the only alternative is Matthews, let's wait 2-3 more weeks. He is only a guy taking up a roster spot, and that is being kind.

Remind me, PLEASE remind me, how he could be worse.

84275[/snapback]

He could be worse because, Donadope, in his infinite wisdom, signed a backup QB that couldn't outplay a poster of RJ.

All I know is as bad as this situation is, if you are asking for Matthews to start you truly have no clue about the game that is called football, American style. I lived in Chi town most of the two years Matthews played and trust me, it could get worse. Any game with wind gusting more than 10 mph would be a complete disaster. If JP was healthy this would be worth talking about but as long as the only alternative is Matthews, let's wait 2-3 more weeks. He is only a guy taking up a roster spot, and that is being kind.

91922[/snapback]

I totally agree with you on this. Mathews is NOT the answer. I am one who is just now starting to get off the Bledslow bandwagon, BUT I would rather wait until JP is healty before making a move. I have seen Mathews play in Florida, Chicago, and Washington, and trust me, it could be MUCH worse than what we are dealing with now...

Yeah, I agree with those who have said that Matthews isn't the answer at QB. Neil O'Donnell would have been a better choice for our backup. If anything, we should have brought back Rob Johnson.

If Bledsoe got hurt, you know--you just know--that Johnson would have come in and given us a spark. The defense would have been expecting an immobile, sack-prone QB. While Johnson is certainly sack-prone, he's a lot more mobile than Bledsoe. Johnson would have played well enough to create a QB controversy. Once Losman got healthy, the QB controversy would have become a three-way contest.

The last time we had a QB controversy, we went to the playoffs for two years straight. Maybe a QB controversy is just what this team needs.