How smart does stockpiling DBs look now?

eball

The depth of the Bills at DB is about to be tested, and I don't think it's premature to give management a pat on the back for realizing these guys do tend to get nicked up. McKelvin will be starting, and it's likely Reggie Corner sees significant playing time as well.

Just sayin'....

Yeah, I'll take the two rookies over Jim Leonard and George Wilson any day. At least we have a chance instead of just playing damage control when injuries happen.

What sucks about the injuries to the secondary is that I think that we can expect more conservative defensive playcalling. Fewell isn't going to want to put Corner or McKelvin out on an island just yet, and probably for good reason.

Yeah, I'll take the two rookies over Jim Leonard and George Wilson any day. At least we have a chance instead of just playing damage control when injuries happen.

Well, ok, fair enough...I'm sure keeping my fingers crossed that pure athletic ability may more than offset some rookie mistakes. A couple of turnovers from this group would certainly be huge-a.

Billadelphia: I agree/ this will be a repeat of the AZ game. no pass rush and cover 2 defense all day... this will be Fewell's defining moment.. can he pressure the SD offense at all... I hope we do.. we will give up some big plays and we can't get mad about it... we have to pressure Rivers or he will do what the AZ qb did to us...

What sucks about the injuries to the secondary is that I think that we can expect more conservative defensive playcalling. Fewell isn't going to want to put Corner or McKelvin out on an island just yet, and probably for good reason.

And, I would hope, it puts more of an imperative for us to run the ball, dink 'n' dunk, and execute long drives to keep SD's offense off the field. Minimize the time they can test our D/secondary. That's something that didn't happen in Arizona and we got pummeled.

Billadelphia: I agree/ this will be a repeat of the AZ game. no pass rush and cover 2 defense all day... this will be Fewell's defining moment.. can he pressure the SD offense at all... I hope we do.. we will give up some big plays and we can't get mad about it... we have to pressure Rivers or he will do what the AZ qb did to us...

Exactly. After seeing how Warner carved these guys on defense, I'm terrified to think what Rivers will

do, without any Buffalo pass rush.

They're going to throw all day long. Then again, Tomlinson ran for 178 yards last time they played in 2006.

Exactly. After seeing how Warner carved these guys on defense, I'm terrified to think what Rivers will

do, without any Buffalo pass rush.

They're going to throw all day long. Then again, Tomlinson ran for 178 yards last time they played in 2006.

Funny thing..Ted "bend but don't break" Cottrell is SD's D Co-ord.

I watched the last 5 minutes of the Carolina SD game opening week..they showed ole Teddy on the sideline

and I said..their Goose is cooked..sure enough, they bent just enough to lose..

I really hope we dont do the same tomorrow...just play flat out, toe to toe...they are going to score anyway

we just need to make sure that they pay the price when they do!