Washington Post endorses Obama

WaPo describes why it endorses Obama for President

Mr. Obama is a man of supple intelligence, with a nuanced grasp of complex issues and evident skill at conciliation and consensus-building. At home, we believe, he would respond to the economic crisis with a healthy respect for markets tempered by justified dismay over rising inequality and an understanding of the need for focused regulation. Abroad, the best evidence suggests that he would seek to maintain U.S. leadership and engagement, continue the fight against terrorists, and wage vigorous diplomacy on behalf of U.S. values and interests. Mr. Obama has the potential to become a great president. Given the enormous problems he would confront from his first day in office, and the damage wrought over the past eight years, we would settle for very good.

Well, there's a !@#$ing shocker of an endorsement. B-) What's next, Fox endorsing McCain?

Their write-up is a little specious, though. I agree with maybe half of it...I do question their characterization of Obama's "nuanced grasp of complex issues" (which I've been looking for, but haven't yet seen from him), but considering your quote itself demonstrates the Post's lack of a nuanced grasp of complex issues, I'm not surprised they'd completely that.

Mr. Obama is a man of supple intelligence, with a nuanced grasp of complex issues and evident skill at conciliation and consensus-building. At home, we believe, he would respond to the economic crisis with a healthy respect for markets tempered by justified dismay over rising inequality and an understanding of the need for focused regulation.

Exactly how is he going to do that, based on what he's said so far? Or is it WP just hoping that he'll be able to do it?

Abroad, the best evidence suggests that he would seek to maintain U.S. leadership and engagement, continue the fight against terrorists, and wage vigorous diplomacy on behalf of U.S. values and interests.

And how is that different from Bush's stated policy? In other words, Obama will just say things in a nicer way?

Exactly how is he going to do that, based on what he's said so far? Or is it WP just hoping that he'll be able to do it?

He'll do it with Change.

And how is that different from Bush's stated policy? In other words, Obama will just say things in a nicer way?

Hmmm...not Change...so it must involve his patented rainbow-farting unicorn strategy.

No. He does, however, freely associate Obama with The Dark Knight.

OK, who said this yesterday?

"There's no question western Pennsylvania is a racist area. The older population is more hesitant."

Obama? The Dark Knight? The name is right there, dang, its whats his name, you know? Whats his name?????????????????????????????? :thumbsup: