McCargo Theory

Does anyone think that it's possible the Bills F.O. had a handshake agreement with Ye Ole' Battlin' Bill Polian and the Colts that they were trading McCargo to pick up an extra fourth to add in a potential Gonzalez deal (ie 3rd + 4th for TG). KC didn't need another DT and wanted picks, but the Bills, per Shefter were only willing to part with a 3rd + some other compensation to sweeten the pot, but were not willing to give up a 2nd. When Gonzalez crossed Buffalo off his wish list, the deal wasn't going to happen regardless of Buffalo offering a 3rd and 4th. Thus, a day or two later we get a bogus bulging disc story about McCargo and he is returned to the Bills. The Bills never made any moves to replace this roster spot while McCargo was in limbo, so it would seem that the move was simply to set up another move (for T-Go) as had been speculated. Thus the handshake agreement between the Colts and Bills is enacted and they find a way to return McCargo to Buffalo as the Gonzalez deal never came to fruition. What say you?

No, but I think the only reason that Polian was interested at all in McCargo was the fact that Marv drafted him. Marv may have told Polian about McCargo and how he thought highly of him, and Polian decided to give it a go because he respects Marv's thoughts.

Does anyone think that it's possible the Bills F.O. had a handshake agreement with Ye Ole' Battlin' Bill Polian and the Colts that they were trading McCargo to pick up an extra fourth to add in a potential Gonzalez deal (ie 3rd + 4th for TG). KC didn't need another DT and wanted picks, but the Bills, per Shefter were only willing to part with a 3rd + some other compensation to sweeten the pot, but were not willing to give up a 2nd. When Gonzalez crossed Buffalo off his wish list, the deal wasn't going to happen regardless of Buffalo offering a 3rd and 4th. Thus, a day or two later we get a bogus bulging disc story about McCargo and he is returned to the Bills. The Bills never made any moves to replace this roster spot while McCargo was in limbo, so it would seem that the move was simply to set up another move (for T-Go) as had been speculated. Thus the handshake agreement between the Colts and Bills is enacted and they find a way to return McCargo to Buffalo as the Gonzalez deal never came to fruition. What say you?

What say me?

I say Ol' Cotton better Google "Sarbanes-Oxley".

What say me?

I say Ol' Cotton better Google "Sarbanes-Oxley".

Give it a rest man, the SEC doesn't give a damn about NFL trades. In fact, would you care to explain why the NFL does not comply with several sections of sarbanes oxley? I'm still waiting to see quarterly reports of the NFL's financials.

Which leads me to my next point:

Don't smoke crack.

McCargo be nimble

McCargo be quick

McCargo thinks Brandon is a d*ck

Surely they would have just put a clause in the trade saying that if KC didn't trade them Gonzo, then the deal was voided.

Give it a rest man, the SEC doesn't give a damn about NFL trades. In fact, would you care to explain why the NFL does not comply with several sections of sarbanes oxley? I'm still waiting to see quarterly reports of the NFL's financials.

I should give it a rest?

Here is what I know:

Some dude said don't worry if you don't hear about trades by 4PM because the NFL isn't always in a hurry to report them.

I pointed out that since Sarbanes-Oxley, public companies are under much more scrutiny to be timely and accurate with information.

A bunch of people said that the NFL isn't public.

I pointed out that the anti-trust exemption subjects the NFL to the same rules.

A bunch of people disagreed and I said that trades would be reported by 4PM.

All of the trades except one were reported by 4.

The one that was not reported by 4 was suspiciously reversed the next morning.

Yeah right, I should give it a rest.