Yet Another Sci-Fi Remake

/dev/null

The new movie is really excellent.

Great cast, Chris Pine is going to be a big star. Mark it down.

It was a very cool process to be a part of, and from what I've seen of the cut so far, it more than lives up to the hype it's going to get.

It was a very cool process to be a part of, and from what I've seen of the cut so far, it more than lives up to the hype it's going to get.

I guess I was asleep at the wheel on this, but you worked on the film? That is very cool. I am "old shcool" Star Trek fan, loved the original, Next Generation and Deep Space Nine. I kind of gave up on the franchise about 4 seasons into Voyager. I thought the last two Next Generation movies were pretty mediocre (I am being generous), and was kind of hoping they would just put the franchise to rest, for another 20 years or so. But, gotta say, I am liking what I have seen/heard about this new flick...now I wish we could get a "do over" on the remake of "Planet Of the Apes"...apparently Tim Burton is not an ape, because he would know the number 1 rule in the land, "Ape shall not kill ape..."

I am still a Star Trek fan reading books right now since there is no more TV series being produced and find the new crew too young comparing them to original crew.

Well they are supposed to be younger.

There's pre-emptive hype now? :censored:

There's pre-emptive hype now? :angry:

The movie will be massively hyped starting in about a month or two when the November movies roll out. It's a reboot of one of Paramount's biggest franchises, plus the second movie in JJ's huge deal with them -- so the studio is going to make sure it's hyped so it doesn't fall flat at the BO.

Just a hunch.

The movie will be massively hyped starting in about a month or two when the November movies roll out. It's a reboot of one of Paramount's biggest franchises, plus the second movie in JJ's huge deal with them -- so the studio is going to make sure it's hyped so it doesn't fall flat at the BO.

Just a hunch.

The Abrams thing is probably the best thing it has going. You obviously know more about it than most of us, but they're definitely pushing his work hard. I can't help but wonder though if this one will eventually get the "Another Star Trek move? Who cares?" when it is released just like the last 15 movies in the franchise have.

I couldn't help but laugh though when I read your comment about it getting hype before it actually gets any hype. I'm sure it will though.