And what was Bush doing 35 years ago?

C'mon, guys- lets take the same precise look back the same amount of years into Dubya's past. Let's not gloss it over any more.

-Had the same opportunity as Kerry to volunteer for Vietnam- and the same option to run and hide with Daddy's help (Kerry's dad was a diplomat- could have got him out too). Took the priviledged way out and cowered in Alabama.

-THEN there is the matter of Dubya not even showing up for the last 6 months of "duty"- the base commander has been quoted as such.

-AND there is the fact that he drank not only the whole time he was guarding Alabama, but he says right up until his 40th birthday. That's a lot of brain cells destroyed- possibly explains his speech pattern. Perhaps his wife should be interviewed as to the pain he inflicted on his family over those many years of self indulgence- the callous disregard of others. Perhaps if he had actually served in battle, it may have taught him a thing or two about responsibility to others.

-ALSO there is the matter of Dubya's cocaine use. When asked about it in 2000, he did not give a yes/no answer- only that for the last 20 years, he could pass a drug test. That does not pass muster for our test, going back to the 70's, and therefore he fails miserably when compared to Kerry. (Picture that- Bush buying the coke, hiding from his wife, finding a safe spot, dumping it out on a mirror- getting the snow line up up with a razor blade- anticipating that first snort of relief...there, that's better...now I have a personality...)

I don't care if his papers say "Honorable Discharge"- Daddy got that for him too.

If any conservative extremists on this board use this defense of Shrub- please note that Kerry also has an Honorable Discharge. Then forever shut up about the service record of John Kerry- a man who actually risked his life in Vietnam, while George W. Bush was personally re- enacting Animal House for the entire first half of his life.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
C'mon, guys- lets take the same precise look back the same amount of years into Dubya's past.  Let's not gloss it over any more.

-Had the same opportunity as Kerry to volunteer for Vietnam- and the same option to run and hide with Daddy's help (Kerry's dad was a diplomat- could have got him out too).  Took the priviledged way out and cowered in Alabama. 

-THEN there is the matter of Dubya not even showing up for the last 6 months of "duty"- the base commander has been quoted as such.

-AND there is the fact that he drank not only the whole time he was guarding Alabama, but he says right up until his 40th birthday.  That's a lot of brain cells destroyed- possibly explains his speech pattern.  Perhaps his wife should be interviewed as to the pain he inflicted on his family over those many years of self indulgence- the callous disregard of others.  Perhaps if he had actually served in battle, it may have taught him a thing or two about responsibility to others.

-ALSO there is the matter of Dubya's cocaine use.  When asked about it in 2000, he did not give a yes/no answer- only that for the last 20 years, he could pass a drug test.  That does not pass muster for our test, going back to the 70's, and therefore he fails miserably when compared to Kerry.  (Picture that- Bush buying the coke, hiding from his wife, finding a safe spot, dumping it out on a mirror- getting the snow line up up with a razor blade- anticipating that first snort of relief...there, that's better...now I have a personality...)     

I don't care if his papers say "Honorable Discharge"- Daddy got that for him too.

If any conservative extremists on this board use this defense of Shrub- please note that Kerry also has an Honorable Discharge.  Then forever shut up about the service record of John Kerry- a man who actually risked his life in Vietnam, while George W. Bush was personally re- enacting Animal House for the entire first half of his life.

5791[/snapback]

That is a lot of opinion and speculation, not fact. But you are entitled to it.

As for Kerry, why don't you tell him to "forever shut up" about his service record. Honestly, I think Bush would rather attack him on his 19 years in the Senate - which is what he is doing in the most recent ads. Kerry is the one who won't shut up about his record.

Don't you find it strange that Kerry would rather talk about 4 months of his life, serving in Vietnam, as opposed to 19 years of serving in the Senate?

Rather drinking which was legal then sharing doobies with his boat brothers as they ran upstream after the mine blew up. Or shooting unarmed children in the back with a .50 cal.

No wonder his boat mates liked him, he ran away from enemy fire, keeping them safe. Also on officer pay, he got them some really good stevestojan.

That's a lot of brain cells destroyed

You seem to forget the buffalo theory of beer drinking.

You see, a herd of buffalo is only as fast as it's slowest members. And it is always the slowest member that is caught and killed by its predator. By killing the slowest members, the predators actually make the herd faster!

Applying this same theory to brain cells, it is always the slowest brain cells that are destroyed by the beer, so in fact, by killing the slower brain cells, the beer actually makes the drinker smarter!!!

And people think Cliff Claven was a moron.

That is a lot of opinion and speculation, not fact.  But you are entitled to it.

As for Kerry, why don't you tell him to "forever shut up" about his service record.  Honestly, I think Bush would rather attack him on his 19 years in the Senate - which is what he is doing in the most recent ads.  Kerry is the one who won't shut up about his record. 

Don't you find it strange that Kerry would rather talk about 4 months of his life, serving in Vietnam, as opposed to 19 years of serving in the Senate?

5803[/snapback]

The only thing that is speculation is the idea how he could possibly get an Honorable Discharge after going AWOL for 6 months. That and the disjointed speech. The rest has been verified, either by Bush himself, or the base commander. A drunk is a drunk, my friend. That is forever a part of his life that we must examine.

Think about this- Kerry has been a US Senator for 19 years. Let's see, 19 years ago, BY HIS OWN ADMISSION, George W. Bush was...STILL a stinking drunk!

Then forever shut up about the service record of John Kerry-

once he does everyone else will. Kerry was the one who showed up to the DNC with a salute and a "reporting for duty", gee I wonder why people are talking about Vietnam.

Kerry thinks he has to talk about it because his record sucks - he voted against the 91 invasion of Kuwait....how does he defend that???

That is a lot of opinion and speculation, not fact.  But you are entitled to it.

As for Kerry, why don't you tell him to "forever shut up" about his service record.  Honestly, I think Bush would rather attack him on his 19 years in the Senate - which is what he is doing in the most recent ads.  Kerry is the one who won't shut up about his record. 

5803[/snapback]

From Kerry's official biography at johnkerry.com:

John Kerry was elected Lieutenant Governor in 1982. Two years later, he was elected to the United States Senate and has won reelection three-times since. In the Senate, John Kerry fought to strengthen our economy, improve public education, make health care more affordable, and protect our environment. And during his 19 years on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, he has distinguished himself as one of our nation's most respected voices on national security and international affairs.

Don't you find it strange that when you go to johnkerry.com, you see a picture of John Kerry -- and then when you go to georgewbush.com, you see a picture of John Kerry? Just look at the home pages. Kerry is running on his record because he can. Bush is running against Kerry's record because he can't run on his own.

The only thing that is speculation is the idea how he could possibly get an Honorable Discharge after going AWOL for 6 months.  That and the disjointed speech.  The rest has been verified, either by Bush himself, or the base commander.  A drunk is a drunk, my friend.  That is forever a part of his life that we must examine. 

Think about this- Kerry has been a US Senator for 19 years.  Let's see, 19 years ago, BY HIS OWN ADMISSION, George W. Bush was...STILL a stinking drunk!

5819[/snapback]

Let's explain this just one more time. Guardsman cannot be AWOL. AWOL is defined as "Absent WithOut Leave." Guardsman DO NOT accrue leave. Ergo, there is no way for a Guardsman to be AWOL.

You people who know !@#$ all about the military should shut your mouths. George Bush may very well have been a horrible guardsman, but that was for his superiors at the time to handle. Obviously, they didn't or he wasn't. Either way, this issue is moot TODAY and repeating the same bull stevestojan over and over is retarded.

Kerry is running on his record because he can

No disrespect, but what presidential campaign are YOU watching?

Exactly what record is Kerry running on????

The only record Kerry is running on...in the eyes of the American Idol public...is his four month Vietnam record. That is it. Plain and simple. Pick up the paper and what do you see? Kerry...Vietnam...blah blah blah.

People like yourself are the exception, not the rule. The Hot Pockets crowd doesn't sit around comparing presidential websites and making decisions based on whose picture is on it. They walk by a newspaper rack, scan the headlines, get the gist, turn on "Survivor," take whatever commercial they get, and say "Oh, I wonder about Kerry in VietNam" which is countered by the other side saying "Bush lied about WMD."

Parroting sides. That's all we have in this country.

And it will stay that way until people take the time to get more informed. Unfortunately, that won't happen because Elton John is yelling that American Idol is racist, Oprah Winfrey was on jury duty, Paris Hilton is on a farm, and Jessica Simpson is a ditz...and as long as America has this crap to keep them occupied, they don't have time to figure out what Kerry is all about.

When he loses come November, this will be why.

Let's explain this just one more time.  Guardsman cannot be AWOL.  AWOL is defined as "Absent WithOut Leave."  Guardsman DO NOT accrue leave.  Ergo, there is no way for a Guardsman to be AWOL.

5849[/snapback]

"Leave" in this instance does not mean the "leave" you accrue on your paycheck, AD. "Leave" simply means "permission." He was absent without permission to be absent.

And it's Absent Without Official Leave, not Absent WithOut Leave.

No disrespect, but what presidential campaign are YOU watching?

Exactly what record is Kerry running on????

The only record Kerry is running on...in the eyes of the American Idol public...is his four month Vietnam record. That is it. Plain and simple. Pick up the paper and what do you see? Kerry...Vietnam...blah blah blah.

People like yourself are the exception, not the rule. The Hot Pockets crowd doesn't sit around comparing presidential websites and making decisions based on whose picture is on it. They walk by a newspaper rack, scan the headlines, get the gist, turn on "Survivor," take whatever commercial they get, and say "Oh, I wonder about Kerry in VietNam" which is countered by the other side saying "Bush lied about WMD."

Parroting sides. That's all we have in this country.

And it will stay that way until people take the time to get more informed. Unfortunately, that won't happen because Elton John is yelling that American Idol is racist, Oprah Winfrey was on jury duty, Paris Hilton is on a farm, and Jessica Simpson is a ditz...and as long as America has this crap to keep them occupied, they don't have time to figure out what Kerry is all about.

When he loses come November, this will be why.

5856[/snapback]

Actually get your facts straight. He now claims he was in Vietnam twice. He was on a Destroyer in the South Pacific that hit port in Guam, for 2 months. Guam had asians there, so there for all asians are vietnamese. therefore he was in Vietnam twice.

Actually get your facts straight.  He now claims he was in Vietnam twice.  He was on a Destroyer in the South Pacific that hit port in Guam, for 2 months.  Guam had asians there, so there for all asians are vietnamese.  therefore he was in Vietnam twice.

5867[/snapback]

Sorry I missed that. Must've been too busy watching The View. :devil:

Did he say he shot a kid in the back with a 50 cal?  Because that's what you said he said.

5862[/snapback]

Uhhh...no. I didn't say he said that. Someone else did. I don't know what he said, beyond confessing to war crimes.

Fact of the matter is, I don't particularly care. There's so many different versions of his service record floating around in the media now, I'm pretty much convinced that NONE of them represent the truth of the matter (including, by the way, the citation for his Silver Star. Just because it's the official record doesn't mean it's accurate. And conversely, just because it's inaccurate doesn't mean he didn't deserve the award.)

What says FAR more to me is his attitude towards his service record: by his own admission, he's a war hero, then a war criminal, then a war hero again...depending on what's most fashionable and convenient for him. Not exactly representative of a strong moral compass...

Archived