F*** JetBlue!

PromoTheRobot

If you can't make a flight on Southwest, you can use that credit toward another flight. Does JetBlue do the same? NOPE! I'm having ear surgery 5 days before my flight so I can't fly for month. JetBlue's response? $100 cancellation fee and you get what's left as credit. So $139 for a BOS/BUF R/T leaves me $39 credit, as if I ever want to give JetBlue more of my money after this. I hope they enjoy my $139. It will be the last money they ever get from me. :(

PTR

and you cant cancel the ear surgery? its not jet blue's fault that your surgery interferes with the contract you made with jet blue

If you can't make a flight on Southwest, you can use that credit toward another flight. Does JetBlue do the same? NOPE! I'm having ear surgery 5 days before my flight so I can't fly for month. JetBlue's response? $100 cancellation fee and you get what's left as credit. So $139 for a BOS/BUF R/T leaves me $39 credit, as if I ever want to give JetBlue more of my money after this. I hope they enjoy my $139. It will be the last money they ever get from me. :(

PTR

I agree. Cancel your surgery if it bugs you that much. And most airlines have a cancellation fee. Southwest is in the minority. Although now that they've had their first quarterly loss ever, that might change.

PTR

Amtrak schedules...

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServe.../Schedules_Page

Greyhound schedules...

http://www.greyhound.com/home/

AAA membership and Trip-tiks...

http://www.aaaohio.com/

I think Southwest is the only airline that doesn't charge you for any change. Nor do they charge for one or two checked bags. That's why I go out of my way to fly them whenever I get a chance. That said, they are nowhere near as cheap as they used to be.

Thanks for that. I thought I was going crazy. I used to love the fact that they flew into Buffalo. But I have not used them in a few years because they've become more expensive than anyone else.

PTR has a point. I was diagnosed with cancer and had a bunch of flights scheduled with USAir during my treatment and recovery time. They didn't ask for any verification and just refunded the whole lot of the tickets. I was very appreciative and only flew USAir for the next few years. This was 6-7 years ago and I know times have changed, but a decent human at least looks into a way around a penalty when health is concerned.

About a month before my father died, I had a trip to Florida and Disneyworld scheduled. My father was going downhill and the doctor gave him only weeks to live. I talked to my travel agent (this was 1990). They got the plane,rental car, motel, and Disney totally refunded. I had to submit a letter from the doctor that he only had a short time left.

Thanks for that. I thought I was going crazy. I used to love the fact that they flew into Buffalo. But I have not used them in a few years because they've become more expensive than anyone else.

They're still really cheap for the most part if you make reservations 14-21 days in advance. But it used to be they had cheap flights on very short notice, and that doesn't exist much any more.

Like if you wanted to go from LAX to BUF

On a moment's notice tomorrow, it's $768

In a week it's as low as $198 - $298

In over two weeks you can find them for $198

*They happen to have some $99 one way web specials now but they very often do.

not to diminish what PTR is going through, but cancer is one thing, ear surgery, granted he didnt elaborate on the severity of the ailment that requires the surgery, is another thing. and I respectfully have to disagree, companies do not maximize profits by doing the feel good thing.

PTR has a point. I was diagnosed with cancer and had a bunch of flights scheduled with USAir during my treatment and recovery time. They didn't ask for any verification and just refunded the whole lot of the tickets. I was very appreciative and only flew USAir for the next few years. This was 6-7 years ago and I know times have changed, but a decent human at least looks into a way around a penalty when health is concerned.

I love Jet Blue, and fly it whenever I can. I wasn't happy when they instituted the $100 change penalty (which, as has been noted, is strictly enforced).

But, one thing I have to say is, they were very clear about the fee upfront (at least the last time I booked). I knew going in, that the penalty would be applied. Maybe, PTR missed it. If so, I can see understand why he is upset.

I'm so-so on Southwest. I used to fly it all the time, but I hate the no seat assignment policy.

They're still really cheap for the most part if you make reservations 14-21 days in advance. But it used to be they had cheap flights on very short notice, and that doesn't exist much any more.

Like if you wanted to go from LAX to BUF

On a moment's notice tomorrow, it's $768

In a week it's as low as $198 - $298

In over two weeks you can find them for $198

*They happen to have some $99 one way web specials now but they very often do.

That was the cheapest flight I made to Buffalo. One way with one airline (forgot who) and a one way with SW.

BTW our company flew us to DC for a trip last month. We flew Virgin. Holy !@#$ing hell, the best flight ever without going first class. They have this entertainment system built in to the seat in front of you. You can watch TV (we watched the Chargers/Jets MNF game on the way home), listen to a huge selection of music and movies etc. But here's the best. You order your drink on a touch screen swipe your credit card and the flight attendant brings it right to you. It was the greatest thing. I'm spoiled now and don't want to fly any other airline. Unfortunately their routes are limited in the US.

not to diminish what PTR is going through, but cancer is one thing, ear surgery, granted he didnt elaborate on the severity of the ailment that requires the surgery, is another thing. and I respectfully have to disagree, companies do not maximize profits by doing the feel good thing.

The airlines are the next closest thing to the government.....they almost never turn a profit and I fully expect to be lied to and screwed going into the deal. That is why when Paulson takes them over in a few months, I will not cry.

The feel good thing works if more people tried it. You'd be amazed what a smile and a $20 bill can get you.

Jetblue is a great airline to fly when everything goes perfect. If there is a problem, they are dismal and have no organization.

BTW our company flew us to DC for a trip last month. We flew Virgin. Holy !@#$ing hell, the best flight ever without going first class. They have this entertainment system built in to the seat in front of you. You can watch TV (we watched the Chargers/Jets MNF game on the way home), listen to a huge selection of music and movies etc. But here's the best. You order your drink on a touch screen swipe your credit card and the flight attendant brings it right to you. It was the greatest thing. I'm spoiled now and don't want to fly any other airline. Unfortunately their routes are limited in the US.

I flew Virgin America to SF a couple months ago and also had a very good experience. No surprise there -- I've always loved their service to London.

Not cancer exactly. I had a benign tumor taken from my middle ear some months ago. This surgury is the insert a pin to connect my new eardrum to whats left of my middle ear.

I love Jet Blue, and fly it whenever I can. I wasn't happy when they instituted the $100 change penalty (which, as has been noted, is strictly enforced).

But, one thing I have to say is, they were very clear about the fee upfront (at least the last time I booked). I knew going in, that the penalty would be applied. Maybe, PTR missed it. If so, I can see understand why he is upset.

I'm so-so on Southwest. I used to fly it all the time, but I hate the no seat assignment policy.

I was originally scheduled for surgery in Sept. but my surgeon went a$$-over-tea kettle on his bike and broke every other bone in his body. So I got a replacement surgeon but I had to do it when they said they can do it. Hence the reason why I can't make my fight.

Personally I love Southwest and I don't mind the lack of seat assignments. Frankly I do see the need for them. To me a plane is no different than a bus. Get me there on time for cheap money and I'm happy.

PTR