Tony Gonzalez didn't want to play in Buffalo

JuanGuzman

I saw Gonzales on the local (KC) news the other night. He said he called Carl Peterson and told him to talk the deal if he had one. He sounded pretty annoyed, saying that he was callnig and leaving messages up to an hour before the deadline, but didn't get a call back until after the deadline with the explanation of "we didn't get any offers we liked".

It very clearly was NOT TG blocking a trade. And it didn't seem at all like TG was focused on the Giants as much as getting out of KC.

I saw Gonzales on the local (KC) news the other night. He said he called Carl Peterson and told him to talk the deal if he had one. He sounded pretty annoyed, saying that he was callnig and leaving messages up to an hour before the deadline, but didn't get a call back until after the deadline with the explanation of "we didn't get any offers we liked".

It very clearly was NOT TG blocking a trade. And it didn't seem at all like TG was focused on the Giants as much as getting out of KC.

Then why reports that he didn't want to play for Buffalo? Those had to have come from somewhere.

Then why reports that he didn't want to play for Buffalo? Those had to have come from somewhere.

I have no idea. But, it was clear he has a problem with KC, and does not feel like he's being respected. He sounded disgusted that he "didn't even get a call back" . No mention of Bills or Giants or any team, saying "I told them if they had an offer they should take it." (paraphrasing due to my memory, but clearly did not seem to care where he went)

I really don't care enough to follow the Chiefs at all, so I'm not a great source for info, but I'll pass on what I happen to hear....

I tink this is the station that had the video I saw. This article has the quotes:

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/sports/story....32-cf8d061045a0

Gonzalez spoke to the local media Wednesday. He says he never thought he would be back in a Chiefs' uniform after the trade deadline. "I was shocked. I was like, 'I can't believe this. It's a lie.'"

Gonzalez says he requested a trade at least two weeks ago. Carl Peterson told him he would not trade the future Hall of Famer for a fourth-round pick. That led Gonzalez to believe a third-rounder would be the asking price. According to Gonzalez, at least one NFL team did offer a third-round pick. However, Peterson refused to pull the trigger.

"A part of me thinks maybe they were just appeasing me. I don't know whether or not they were serious. The way it ended, way it all went down, it didn't sound like it."

Gonzalez says he called Peterson an hour before the deadline. Peterson did not return his call until the next morning when he left a message.

"No, he wasn't sorry. He just said he tried to get it done and he didn't think it was worth it, the deal, which in my opinion I don't agree with."

Gonzalez has had a close relationship with Peterson ever since he was drafted by Kansas City back in 1997. It appears that relationship has now soured.

"I'm not the first guy that's felt like he's been wronged around here. Ask Jared Allen. Ask a lot of guys. I'm not interested in having a battle with Carl...It's a working relationship now and I'll work."

I'm not blaming Tony G for this one. If Peterson had the stones and really wanted to trade him, he would have. What does Peterson care where Gonzo plays. Peterson's #1 job is to make the team better, not to swaddle their players, especially ones that don't want to play for their team. As far as I know, Tony G doesn't have a no trade clause.

This is Peterson's fault for letting Tony G make the call. This stinks of when Reiger let Hasek trade himself.

I'm not blaming Tony G for this one. If Peterson had the stones and really wanted to trade him, he would have. What does Peterson care where Gonzo plays. Peterson's #1 job is to make the team better, not to swaddle their players, especially ones that don't want to play for their team. As far as I know, Tony G doesn't have a no trade clause.

This is Peterson's fault for letting Tony G make the call. This stinks of when Reiger let Hasek trade himself.

If Gonzalez doesn't like where he's being traded, he can not report. And Peterson had a special relationship with Gonzalez and didn't want to send him where he didn't want to go.

If Gonzalez doesn't like where he's being traded, he can not report. And Peterson had a special relationship with Gonzalez and didn't want to send him where he didn't want to go.

Phillie didn't hesitate sending us Walker, whom everyone knew he wasn't happy with his contract and wasn't going to report. As for that "special relationship," you're right. They did have a special relationship, but not likely anymore.

Phillie didn't hesitate sending us Walker, whom everyone knew he wasn't happy with his contract and wasn't going to report.

Walker never said he didn't want to go to the Bills. And his issue (i.e. why he didn't report) was more money.