If The Election Were Held Today

http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/a...road-ahead.aspx

Perhaps the CBS poll that shows Barack Obama with a 14-point lead among likely voters (12 points when third-party candidates are included) is a modest outlier. But if so, John McCain has more and more outliers that he has to explain away these days. There are now no fewer than seven current national polls that show Obama with a double-digit advantage: Newsweek (+11), ABC/Post (+10), Democracy Corps (+10), Research 2000 (+10), Battleground (+13), Gallup (+10 using their Likely Voter II model) and now this CBS News poll.

I still wonder if many of those who will say to a poller that they will vote for Obama really will do it when it comes down to it. The only Poll that matters is the one on election day.

One thing clear about all of this is if mcCain does manage a miracle comeback ya really have to wonder about his management skills given how he has let his campaign go insane and off message.

I think you have to make the odds Obama -5. If the polls get within 5 points, then there's a chance McCain could win due to the Bradley effect.

Yeah, I've seen the reports suggesting the Bradley effect really doesn't do much now, but when you've got the GOP caging voters, purging rolls, and a-holes carrying monkey dolls into Palin/McCain rallies, I don't think you can feel safe unless Obama's polling well above 5 points over his opposition.

Lets see now wasnt Gore and Kerry ahead in the polls, at that time but then were cheated out of was rightly thiers :lol:

The dove flies at midnight

No. At 21 days out from the election, Bush was up by 2 points nationally in 2004, and 4 points nationally in 2000, and both Gore and Kerry were behind in the national polls on election day.

Polling trends in '08, vs. '04 and '00 (via Pollster.com)

No. At 21 days out from the election, Bush was up by 2 points nationally in 2004, and 4 points nationally in 2000, and both Gore and Kerry were behind in the national polls on election day.

Polling trends in '08, vs. '04 and '00 (via Pollster.com)

And I also doubt that Kerry and Gore were consistently polling ahead of Bush in the battleground states like Obama is.