Some thoughts and opinions...

These are my thoughts on some subjects I have seen floating around TBD:

McCargo to the Colts?

Who cares? Tough to take his speed and skill off my Defense in Madden '09. Honestly, I liked him and thought he had potential, but he just has not improved. I think that more playing time would have helped his cause. However, if we get at least a 4th for him...I will be happy with the trade. I sitll wish we kept him and gave him more time, but I wish him luck and will be rooting for him. As for the roster spot that is vacant, I would say they sign somebody.

*Some people want to pick up DE Simeon Rice. I would not mind taking a look at him, he is a beast and could provide a nice pass-rush...but he think he is done, forever.

Kitna Done / Williams to the Cowboys?

I think that this was a good move by Detroit and a not-so-good move for Dallas. Detroit is obviously beginning its re-building process, before the season even ends. They dumped a large salary and cemented Calvin Johnson as their #1 WR. Although they only have Mike Furrey and Shaun McDonald behind Johnson, both have proven that they are worth a shot to prove they are quality players. With a pickup of a #2 guy, this would be a good corp of receivers. With Kitna being done, they knew they couldn't win and Williams wanted out. They got rid of the unhappy camper, and have plenty of time to see who the next signal called will be. Both Orlovsky and Stanton should see time, and both have skills. They just drafted a Rookie RB in Kevin Smith and FB in Jerome Felton, as well as a Rookie RT in Gosder Cherilus. These 3 players, and Calvin Johnson are a decent foundation to build the offense on. I believe they have 2 future starters at QB. On Defense, they have some veteran leadership and some playmakers. Ernie Sims is going to be a Pro-Bowl player some day. DE Jared Devries, DT Cory Redding, DE DeWayne White, CB Travis Fisher, CB Leigh Bodden, S Dwight Smith and S Daniel Bullocks, are all sound players. Ikaika Alama-Francis is a young DE who should develope into a quality player. These players and Rookies LB Jordan Dizon, DT Andre Fluellen and DE Cliff Avril, should provide the Lions with a strong nucleus to re-build this team around. It should ALL starts with LB Ernie Sims/S Daniel Bullocks and WR Calvin Johnson/RB Kevin Smith.

*Some people want to pick up Jon Kitna as a backup, he is done. Washed up. There are many more QBs out there who I would rather be our backup. Hamdan for one, deserves a shot at being a #2. He looked very good in Pre-Season. The Free Agent crop of Quarterbacks in 2009 will be...Kerry Collins, Jeff Garcia, Rex Grossman, Kyle Boller, Charlie Batch, Matt Cassel, J.P. Losman, Kyle Orton, Patrick Ramsey, J.T. O'Sullivan, Byron Leftwich and Kurt Warner. Why trade for Kitna, when we could sign 1 of these guys. I would prefer Warner or Collins. Then Cassel or Orton (Maybe Leftwich?).

Gonzo to Buffalo?

Again, who cares? I would rather have the ball in the hands of Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish, Marshawn Lynch, Freddy Jackson, Josh Reed and James Hardy. Tony Gonzalez would have bitched every time one of them got the ball, and he didn't. He is also overpaid, and coming out of his prime, if he is not out already. He was definitly NOT worth a 3rd rounder (4th - yes), but I would have given nothing more than that, and maybe taken him for a 3rd straight up. I, for the most part, trust Robert Royal (for now), and I like Schouman. I also can't wait to see Derek Fine in action, I think he is going to be our TE for a long time. He was the top performer in this year's combine in the Bench-Press, the 3-Cone Drill and the 20 Yard Shuttle. Read all of this, the overview and analysis, then click on his skill times (under his picture).

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/derek-...le-tab-overview

We Suck @ 1st Round Picks?

I am only going back 11 drafts, to the NFL draft of 1998. Since then, there has been 11 drafts, 2 in which we did not have a 1st round choice. I decided to start with this draft, because this is about when everything started changing. Our Front Office diasters, tremendous increases in player salaries and the extremes booms during Free Agency. In 1998 we had no 1st rounder, but for the next 5 years, we went 3 for 5. We certainly "HIT" with CB Antoine Winfield ('99) and CB Nate Clements ('01), who were both Pro-Bowl caliber players. In 2000 and 2002, our decision making was horrendous, choosing DE Erik Flowers and RT Mike Williams. 2003 was a controversial draft with the selection of RB Willis McGahee. However, I would say we "HIT" on that selection. He provided Buffalo with a lot of excitement while running the football. He also netted us two 3rd round draft picks, when we were ready to replace him. Injuries aside, he was a hell of a player...even for us. In 2004 we "HIT" with big-play WR Lee Evans. We then acquired a 2nd pick in the first round, and chose QB J.P. Losman. We had no 1st round draft pick in 2005, but in 2006 and 2007 we "HIT" big time! The NFL draft of 2006 brought us SS Donte Whitner, and the draft of 2007 replaced the much despised Willis McGahee, with battering buffalo RB Marshawn "Beast Mode" Lynch. As for 2008, we will have to wait and see, but I think CB/KR/PR Leodis McKelvin will be a stud in the league. It is WAY TO early to tell. Overall, I would say our Front Office has "HIT" more times than it has picked a "bust." I trust in the F.O. very much.

*NOTE - I am not a J.P. "Hater," but I do think he was a "Bust" as he cost TWO 1st Round draft picks.

ESPN's 1st and 10...Lack of respect?

Once again, who cares? Skip frickin' Bayless...is CLUELESS! He is a complete grundel muncher. I have always loved ESPN and watched it faithfully...but now, I could care less. I watch PTI because I like Wilbon and Korheiser, that's about it. Even the Hockey segments are weak now without Melrose, but I have ALWAYS been a Barnaby fan! Either way, the national media will never pay attention to the Bills. The only time we get the spotlight is when Kevin Everett gets severly injured or Marshawn Lynch runs over some woman in his SUV. We got attention againats the Raiders and the Rams, because their coach was on the hot seat. We got attention against Jacksonville, because they were supposed to be a "Contender" this year. Against the Cardinals? Well, they were looking for revenge after Brett the Jet embarrassed them and Boldin had his lights turned off. This week? Oh, we are playing the team who beat the snot out of the Patriots. As for that...I will be there in all my glory! Bills 26 - Chargers 24 (Roscoe WILL play and be a factor) GO BILLS!!!

PacMan suspended?

Here we go again...who cares. I am surprised he was not kicked out of the league forever. His Criminal Record is longer than my 9 year old and 6 year old nephews' Christmas and Birthday list all COMBINED. The only thing I can draw from this is, why didn't the Cowboys go after Secondary help (Corner or Safety), instead of a Wide Receiver. I wonder if they might have ever contacted Buffalo about Jabari Greer. They sure know how good he is, after he shut down T.O. last year on Monday Night Football. I am glad he is still a Buffalo Bill. He is one of my favorites.

Joe Thomas vs. Jason Peters?

I cannot believe that somebody would compare these two. Joe Thomas came out of college as the Top-Rated Offensive Linemen. He was drafted 3rd overall. In College he was twice an All-American 1st Team Left Tackle, and he won the Outland Trophy for being the Nation's Best Offensive Lineman, while playing at Wisconsin. He went to the Pro-Bowl as a Rookie Left Tackle. Joe Thomas is a 6'6, 313 lbs, 23 year old "Blue Collar" boy from Wisconsin. On the other hand, Jason Peters is a 26 year old laid-back urban kind of fella. He is 6'4, 340 lbs. Peters was a 2nd Team All-Sec his Senior year at Arkansas. He was signed as an Undrafted Free Agent Tight End by Buffalo in 2004. In 2007 he was named to the All-Pro team and was invited to the Pro-Bowl, where he did not participate.

*It is clear to me that Joe Thomas is BY FAR the better player, however he SHOULD be. Jason Peters has not played much football in his life, and he is still learning and improving. I am happy with the Peters from last year.

--->I did some research to back up my opinions and thoughts. I in no way, meant to upset anyone or make it seem like I was trying to prove you wrong. I just wanted to reply to too many threads.

Explain to me how JP cost 2 #1 picks. The Bills gave Dallas their #2, #5, & their next years #1 for the Dallas #1 which they used to draft JP. On one side of the equation you have Buffalo's #2, #5 & #1. On the other side of the equation you have Dallas's #1. You would fail any math or logic test in answering the Bills gave up two #1 picks for JP.

Explain to me how JP cost 2 #1 picks. The Bills gave Dallas their #2, #5, & their next years #1 for the Dallas #1 which they used to draft JP. On one side of the equation you have Buffalo's #2, #5 & #1. On the other side of the equation you have Dallas's #1. You would fail any math or logic test in answering the Bills gave up two #1 picks for JP.

I think he is counting the #1 pick we actually used to draft Losman also. It is kind of a grey area, they gave up a first 2nd & 5th in 05 draft & used a first pick to draft jp. So he actually did cost us 2 1st rnd picks if you look at it that way. One more point, I think Dallas drafted D Ware with our #1 in 05. He looked pretty good in a bills uniform right now, fuggin Donablow.

I think he is counting the #1 pick we actually used to draft Losman also. It is kind of a grey area, they gave up a first 2nd & 5th in 05 draft & used a first pick to draft jp. So he actually did cost us 2 1st rnd picks if you look at it that way. One more point, I think Dallas drafted D Ware with our #1 in 05. He looked pretty good in a bills uniform right now, fuggin Donablow.

That is faulty logic. I agree with you about Ware.

McCargo to the Colts?

Who cares? Tough to take his speed and skill off my Defense in Madden '09. Honestly, I liked him and thought he had potential, but he just has not improved. I think that more playing time would have helped his cause. However, if we get at least a 4th for him...I will be happy with the trade. I sitll wish we kept him and gave him more time, but I wish him luck and will be rooting for him. As for the roster spot that is vacant, I would say they sign somebody.

*Some people want to pick up DE Simeon Rice. I would not mind taking a look at him, he is a beast and could provide a nice pass-rush...but he think he is done, forever.

Warner. Why trade for Kitna, when we could sign 1 of these guys. I would prefer Warner or Collins. Then Cassel or Orton (Maybe Leftwich?).

Gonzo to Buffalo?

Again, who cares? I would rather have the ball in the hands of Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish, Marshawn Lynch, Freddy Jackson, Josh Reed and James Hardy.

In addition to the other comments and questions already posted, I just wanted to say:

It was pretty obvious the Simeon Rice post was a JOKE. (Pretty sure it was, anyway.) Maybe you haven't been here long enough to spot the sarcasm, yet.

I agree with your McCargo assessment. I still can't figure out why he couldn't make a bigger impact...but, I'm no DT expert. Maybe he will blossom with more PT on another team. Maybe he just doesn't have it. Anyway, if he couldn't make an impact here, a 4th isn't a bad exchange for him.

Finally, you don't know it, but you really want Tony G., or another impact TE, on the Bills. It would make a huge difference in the offense. Just trust me, on that one.

--->I did some research to back up my opinions and thoughts. I in no way, meant to upset anyone or make it seem like I was trying to prove you wrong. I just wanted to reply to too many threads.

Why didn't you just reply to the posts in the actual threads?

Forgot one:

Some thoughts and opinions..., on many different threads I have seen tonight.

Once again, who cares... :lol::lol::lol:

In addition to the other comments and questions already posted, I just wanted to say:

It was pretty obvious the Simeon Rice post was a JOKE. (Pretty sure it was, anyway.) Maybe you haven't been here long enough to spot the sarcasm, yet.

I agree with your McCargo assessment. I still can't figure out why he couldn't make a bigger impact...but, I'm no DT expert. Maybe he will blossom with more PT on another team. Maybe he just doesn't have it. Anyway, if he couldn't make an impact here, a 4th isn't a bad exchange for him.

Finally, you don't know it, but you really want Tony G., or another impact TE, on the Bills. It would make a huge difference in the offense. Just trust me, on that one.

One thing about McCargo that always worried me was when the time he was drafted I remember some NC St Students & alums came on this board this guy is not that great & was greatly helped by the fact that he play with Super Mario & I forget the other dlineman that went in the 1st rnd that year from NC St. Their assessment turned out to be right. Still, I think the bills gave up on him a little to early. He is still very young. I would like to see them at least give him one more year.

At first I was saying to myself WOW Cowboys are going to be dangerous with Roy Williams & T.O. at WR. But then I thought to myself, wait........T.O. loves all the lime light on himself and if hes not 85% of the offense he self destructs. Roy Williams I think will take some a lot of the offense away from Owens. Point being, I think this trade turns T.O. against Dallas in the near future if he dont get the ball more. Cause really what was the sense to trade for Williams if you dont throw him the ball aswell.

Honestly the past few weeks I think we have seen the true Moss & Owens show their true colors. I can tell you right now Randy Moss has not helped his QB at all, ive seen SEVERAL lame @ss attempts at trying to catch the ball. What message does that send to the team? What will Tom Brady think of it?

As for McCargo, who care. He was a bust. Terrible move Marv made in drafting him plain and simple. Good riddens to McCargo.

As for ESPN First Take........F'em! Nuff said.

As for TG to Buffalo, F'em......Just another team we will face with some type of problem within its organization, I can tell you now TG is not a happy man!

And as for the draft, its a hit and miss.....

McCargo to the Colts?

Kitna Done / Williams to the Cowboys?

I think that this was a good move by Detroit and a not-so-good move for Dallas. Detroit is obviously beginning its re-building process, before the season even ends. They dumped a large salary and cemented Calvin Johnson as their #1 WR. Although they only have Mike Furrey and Shaun McDonald behind Johnson, both have proven that they are worth a shot to prove they are quality players. With a pickup of a #2 guy, this would be a good corp of receivers. With Kitna being done, they knew they couldn't win and Williams wanted out. They got rid of the unhappy camper, and have plenty of time to see who the next signal called will be. Both Orlovsky and Stanton should see time, and both have skills. They just drafted a Rookie RB in Kevin Smith and FB in Jerome Felton, as well as a Rookie RT in Gosder Cherilus. These 3 players, and Calvin Johnson are a decent foundation to build the offense on. I believe they have 2 future starters at QB. On Defense, they have some veteran leadership and some playmakers. Ernie Sims is going to be a Pro-Bowl player some day. DE Jared Devries, DT Cory Redding, DE DeWayne White, CB Travis Fisher, CB Leigh Bodden, S Dwight Smith and S Daniel Bullocks, are all sound players. Ikaika Alama-Francis is a young DE who should develope into a quality player. These players and Rookies LB Jordan Dizon, DT Andre Fluellen and DE Cliff Avril, should provide the Lions with a strong nucleus to re-build this team around. It should ALL starts with LB Ernie Sims/S Daniel Bullocks and WR Calvin Johnson/RB Kevin Smith.

*Some people want to pick up Jon Kitna as a backup, he is done. Washed up. There are many more QBs out there who I would rather be our backup. Hamdan for one, deserves a shot at being a #2. He looked very good in Pre-Season. The Free Agent crop of Quarterbacks in 2009 will be...Kerry Collins, Jeff Garcia, Rex Grossman, Kyle Boller, Charlie Batch, Matt Cassel, J.P. Losman, Kyle Orton, Patrick Ramsey, J.T. O'Sullivan, Byron Leftwich and Kurt Warner. Why trade for Kitna, when we could sign 1 of these guys. I would prefer Warner or Collins. Then Cassel or Orton (Maybe Leftwich?).

Gonzo to Buffalo?

Again, who cares? I would rather have the ball in the hands of Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish, Marshawn Lynch, Freddy Jackson, Josh Reed and James Hardy. Tony Gonzalez would have bitched every time one of them got the ball, and he didn't. He is also overpaid, and coming out of his prime, if he is not out already. He was definitly NOT worth a 3rd rounder (4th - yes), but I would have given nothing more than that, and maybe taken him for a 3rd straight up. I, for the most part, trust Robert Royal (for now), and I like Schouman. I also can't wait to see Derek Fine in action, I think he is going to be our TE for a long time. He was the top performer in this year's combine in the Bench-Press, the 3-Cone Drill and the 20 Yard Shuttle. Read all of this, the overview and analysis, then click on his skill times (under his picture).

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/derek-...le-tab-overview

We Suck @ 1st Round Picks?

I am only going back 11 drafts, to the NFL draft of 1998. Since then, there has been 11 drafts, 2 in which we did not have a 1st round choice. I decided to start with this draft, because this is about when everything started changing. Our Front Office diasters, tremendous increases in player salaries and the extremes booms during Free Agency. In 1998 we had no 1st rounder, but for the next 5 years, we went 3 for 5. We certainly "HIT" with CB Antoine Winfield ('99) and CB Nate Clements ('01), who were both Pro-Bowl caliber players. In 2000 and 2002, our decision making was horrendous, choosing DE Erik Flowers and RT Mike Williams. 2003 was a controversial draft with the selection of RB Willis McGahee. However, I would say we "HIT" on that selection. He provided Buffalo with a lot of excitement while running the football. He also netted us two 3rd round draft picks, when we were ready to replace him. Injuries aside, he was a hell of a player...even for us. In 2004 we "HIT" with big-play WR Lee Evans. We then acquired a 2nd pick in the first round, and chose QB J.P. Losman. We had no 1st round draft pick in 2005, but in 2006 and 2007 we "HIT" big time! The NFL draft of 2006 brought us SS Donte Whitner, and the draft of 2007 replaced the much despised Willis McGahee, with battering buffalo RB Marshawn "Beast Mode" Lynch. As for 2008, we will have to wait and see, but I think CB/KR/PR Leodis McKelvin will be a stud in the league. It is WAY TO early to tell. Overall, I would say our Front Office has "HIT" more times than it has picked a "bust." I trust in the F.O. very much.

*NOTE - I am not a J.P. "Hater," but I do think he was a "Bust" as he cost TWO 1st Round draft picks.

Once again, who cares? Skip frickin' Bayless...is CLUELESS! He is a complete grundel muncher. I have always loved ESPN and watched it faithfully...but now, I could care less. I watch PTI because I like Wilbon and Korheiser, that's about it. Even the Hockey segments are weak now without Melrose, but I have ALWAYS been a Barnaby fan! Either way, the national media will never pay attention to the Bills. The only time we get the spotlight is when Kevin Everett gets severly injured or Marshawn Lynch runs over some woman in his SUV. We got attention againats the Raiders and the Rams, because their coach was on the hot seat. We got attention against Jacksonville, because they were supposed to be a "Contender" this year. Against the Cardinals? Well, they were looking for revenge after Brett the Jet embarrassed them and Boldin had his lights turned off. This week? Oh, we are playing the team who beat the snot out of the Patriots. As for that...I will be there in all my glory! Bills 26 - Chargers 24 (Roscoe WILL play and be a factor) GO BILLS!!!

PacMan suspended?

Here we go again...who cares. I am surprised he was not kicked out of the league forever. His Criminal Record is longer than my 9 year old and 6 year old nephews' Christmas and Birthday list all COMBINED. The only thing I can draw from this is, why didn't the Cowboys go after Secondary help (Corner or Safety), instead of a Wide Receiver. I wonder if they might have ever contacted Buffalo about Jabari Greer. They sure know how good he is, after he shut down T.O. last year on Monday Night Football. I am glad he is still a Buffalo Bill. He is one of my favorites.

Joe Thomas vs. Jason Peters?

I cannot believe that somebody would compare these two. Joe Thomas came out of college as the Top-Rated Offensive Linemen. He was drafted 3rd overall. In College he was twice an All-American 1st Team Left Tackle, and he won the Outland Trophy for being the Nation's Best Offensive Lineman, while playing at Wisconsin. He went to the Pro-Bowl as a Rookie Left Tackle. Joe Thomas is a 6'6, 313 lbs, 23 year old "Blue Collar" boy from Wisconsin. On the other hand, Jason Peters is a 26 year old laid-back urban kind of fella. He is 6'4, 340 lbs. Peters was a 2nd Team All-Sec his Senior year at Arkansas. He was signed as an Undrafted Free Agent Tight End by Buffalo in 2004. In 2007 he was named to the All-Pro team and was invited to the Pro-Bowl, where he did not participate.

*It is clear to me that Joe Thomas is BY FAR the better player, however he SHOULD be. Jason Peters has not played much football in his life, and he is still learning and improving. I am happy with the Peters from last year.

Thank you.

that sure is alot of attention for a team that gets no attention :lol:

Two future starting QBs? In Orlovski and Stanton? There goes your credibility as far as QBs go. The only reason either one of these stiffs are even going to get a chance to play is because they happen to be in Detroit.

Orlovski might do real well in the CFL. They have those big end zones, you know.

Two future starting QBs? In Orlovski and Stanton? There goes your credibility as far as QBs go. The only reason either one of these stiffs are even going to get a chance to play is because they happen to be in Detroit.

Nobody knows what Stanton can do. He was on IR last year & was injured until a couple of weeks ago. Detroit will have to play him the last 1/4 of the season & see what he has, but no data doesn't equal a stiff (yet).

What in the world makes you think that Tony Gonzalez would complain if he didn't get the ball? Has he ever shown the slightest inkling of being that kind of player?

I just meant that he would not be the type of player that fits in the Bills' locker room. I think we are better off without him.

Didn't we trade a 1st rounder to Dallas and spend a 1st rounder on Losman? Idk, sorry if I am confused.

I figured the Simeon Rice thing was a joke after the fact, he might still be worth a "Look." (Depending on shape/health)

If McCargo stays on the team now, he might play his a$$ off to show we almost made a mistake. His hernia could be the problem that has been causing him to play like a bum. I think he has "it" in him to be at least a "role" player.

I totally agree with the impact Tight End idea. I think that is our top priority this coming off-season. Leonard Pope of the Cardinals would not be a bad Free Agent signing. What I want most is...it may be crazy...but, I want to draft TE Jermaine Gresham from Oklahoma, with our 1st Round pick. He runs a solid 40-time, is 6-6/250, and will only be 21 years old.

Why didn't you just reply to the posts in the actual threads?

Forgot one:

Some thoughts and opinions..., on many different threads I have seen tonight.

Once again, who cares... :devil::devil::devil:

Why don't I have the right to express my feelings, thoughts, ideas and opinions, in my own thread? Who the hell are you? You have no right to tell me what to do, or how to do what I do. If you don't care, then don't bother to read through it and make doosh-bag comments. What the !@#$ kind of knowledge do you have? Share something insightful.

Thank you.

You are welcome. Thank YOU.

that sure is alot of attention for a team that gets no attention ;)

--->FIXED

Once again, who cares? Skip frickin' Bayless...is CLUELESS! He is a complete grundel muncher. I have always loved ESPN and watched it faithfully...but now, I could care less. I watch PTI because I like Wilbon and Korheiser, that's about it. Even the Hockey segments are weak now without Melrose, but I have ALWAYS been a Barnaby fan! Either way, the national media ignores the Bills. The only time we get softly spoken of, is when Kevin Everett gets severly injured or Marshawn Lynch runs over some woman in his SUV. The Raiders and the Rams were in the spotlights because their coach was on the hot seat. We stood in the shadows. Jacksonville got attention because of their suffering run game and decimated offensive line. They were also supposed to be a "Contender" this year. We kept our mouths shut, went about our business and played our game. Against the Cardinals? Well, they were looking for revenge after Brett the Jet embarrassed them and Boldin had his lights turned off. This week? Oh, we are playing the team who beat the snot out of the Patriots. As for that...I will be there in all my glory! Bills 26 - Chargers 24 (Roscoe WILL play and be a factor) GO BILLS!!!

I meant 2 guys who could become a starter for them in the future. Stanton was highly touted coming out, and Orlovsky was supposed to be a "Sleeper" pick. I think 1 of them will turn out to be a nice QB in the league. Now, judging my credability? Come on man. I make a small gramatical error, and you throw the rest of my analysis of the Lions team/franchise out the window? I do my research. I am confident with my football knowledge.

Good post, Shnooks. Agree, disagree, whatever...thanks for spending the time to add your comments. They are appreciated. :(

Thank you very much. I greatly appreciate your kind gesture. :thumbsup:

Bills got JP Losman.

Bills lost 1st, 2nd, and 5th

It still sucks but is no where near being two 1sts. If the Bills traded the 13th overall pick in that years draft and their next year's 1st rounder to move up into the top 5 to take XXXXX player, then we would have spent 2 1st rounders.

We traded our 2nd and 5th round pick in 2004 and 1st round pick in 2005 to trade up for the Cowboys 22nd overall pick in the 2004 draft to get JP Losman.(One of the many blunders made by former GM Tom Donahoe.)

there ya go...that right there is TWO 1st round picks. B-)

1st in 2004.

1st in 2005.

idk.