Roy Williams Traded To The Cowpies

Steely Dan

Dallas paid a 1st, 3rd and 6th in 2009 for Williams.  

10 members have voted

1. 1. The deal for Williams

• Dallas got robbed
    • Great deal for Dallas.
    • Great deal for Detroit.
    • Great deal for both.
    • Detroit got robbed.
  2. 2. Buffalo and Williams

• This shows the FO is smart for not getting him at that cost.
    • Obviously the FO doesn't care about winning

Dallas gave up a first, 3rd and 6th for Williams and get a 7th rounder from Detroit in 2009.

Dallas got robbed IMO. The most I would have paid as a GM is a 3rd pick.

Roy Williams is an awesome WR playing for a horrible team. I do think that price is too much for Dallas to give up, but maybe not for a team in desperate need of a WR...maybe Seattle.

Given his talent, I'd say a 1st was a good average price for him. So in this case, yes, I think Dallas overpaid. But then again, maybe they won't be keeping TO after this year? You never know what their needs are.

I'm listening to Mike and Mike this morning and they said that Williams has about the same number of catches that Patrick Crayton does and that Williams drops more balls. I don't know if that's true but I don't know enough to contradict it and I'll assume they are correct about Williams dropsies.

Crayton - 19 catches for 291 yards with a 15.3 average and 2 TD's

Williams - 17 catches for 232 yards with a 13.6 yard average and 1 TD.

Williams has played on a poor team but I'm not sure he's that much better than Crayton anyway.

They are going to pay him $45 million including more than $20 million guaranteed. The contract just makes this a dumber trade IMO, especially with Williams' history of injury.