Cool solar pictures

/dev/null

Great post dev (can you change your avatar now? :( )

I think the sun is by far the coolest (no pun intended) object in the sky. I don't understand it but the amount of energy that thing gives off and how it continues to generate that energy is beyond amazing. I remember a few years ago during one of our annual soCal firestorms the sky was full of haze and smoke. It blocked out the sun enough so you could look directly at it and not have your retinas burned out. You could see the sun spots with the naked eye. That was unbe!@#$inglievable.

Great post dev (can you change your avatar now? :( )

I think the sun is by far the coolest (no pun intended) object in the sky. I don't understand it but the amount of energy that thing gives off and how it continues to generate that energy is beyond amazing. I remember a few years ago during one of our annual soCal firestorms the sky was full of haze and smoke. It blocked out the sun enough so you could look directly at it and not have your retinas burned out. You could see the sun spots with the naked eye. That was unbe!@#$inglievable.

Fusion and Einstein's E=mc2,

The sun is enormous, over 100 time wider than the earth. It is said it takes thousands of years for the energy produced in the center to make it to the surface.

Two things are universal. hydrogen and stupidity.

The sun is enormous, over 100 time wider than the earth. It is said it takes thousands of years for the energy produced in the center to make it to the surface.

So I don't know exactly how the sun works makes me stupid. Good job. :lol:

over a million earths would fit into the sun

Bitchin dude.

Great post dev (can you change your avatar now? :D )

That would've awesome.

That animation of the CME hitting the comet, and the series of pics showing the seismic waves from the solar flare are two of the coolest things I've ever seen.

True. I love watching the comet have a lot of it's tail swept away. :thumbsup: