McGargo to Colts for a draft pick

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whose gunna be the 4th DT now? Bring Back Anderson!

I hope we at least got a 3rd.

Guess we should go DT again in first round next year.

I like the message this sends the younger players. It doesn't matter what round you were taken. You need to work.

Agreed.

Ashton Youboty sucks again?

Erik Flowers, Mike Williams, J.P. Losman in the past 8 years. It's not a criticism of the current front office, but a reflection of first round busts. Out of eight first rounders from 2000-06, four are busts. Maybe not a long line, but not very good either.

First rounders go bust in many cases. Some teams rarely have first round busts. San Diego, Indy, etc.

McCargo move a surprise

Chris Brown

Posted October 14th, 2008

There were rumblings early in the season that the Bills were shopping McCargo, but after the preseason came and went and nothing happened it was thought that McCargo was going to be here for the season at the least.

Obviously being made inactive in Week 1 was done to send a message - step it up. McCargo flashed promising ability last season, but it hasn’t materialized this year.

That’s not to say he can’t go on to have a productive career for the Colts, who will plug him into their lineup right away. But he apparently wasn’t deemed a long term fit by the Bills.

That being said, the Colts had to make this deal very attractive in terms of a draft pick.

The question now is who replaces him. My money is on Corey Mace. The former undrafted free agent is a member of Buffalo’s practice squad. He’s a hard working player with very good feet for a defensive tackle and offers some flexibility on run downs to kick outside to defensive end.

We’ll likely know more tomorrow.

4th round pick per Schefter:

Bills trade McCargo to Colts

Posted: October 14th, 2008 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Buffalo Bills, Indianapolis Colts, John McCargo

The Buffalo Bills traded defensive John McCargo to the Indianapolis Colts for a fourth-round pick. The Bills no longer had a need for McCargo and the Colts were starved for defensive tackles. Now they’ve acquired a talented one that underachieved in Buffalo.

4th round pick per Schefter:

Bills trade McCargo to Colts

Posted: October 14th, 2008 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Buffalo Bills, Indianapolis Colts, John McCargo

The Buffalo Bills traded defensive John McCargo to the Indianapolis Colts for a fourth-round pick. The Bills no longer had a need for McCargo and the Colts were starved for defensive tackles. Now they’ve acquired a talented one that underachieved in Buffalo.

That's it? :angry: I had my heart set on getting at least a 3rd.