Cowboys near deal to get Roy Williams from Detroit

This trade made sense for both teams. I'm a little surprised because this type of movement is rare, but the speculation was rampant, even though Detroit said they would not trade him.

The circus in Big D just got crazier.

The Lions have CJ, who is better than Roy. He was a FA who didn't want to be there anymore, and rather than tag him and juggle a soap opera, Detroit did the right thing and unloaded the guy for a lot of picks. These picks will help Detroit lay the foundation of their new team. Their rebuilding begins...

Dallas added more talent, and a compliment to TO, plus another weapon for Romo when he returns. They have stars everywhere and could stand to give up some picks for a proven commodity in Roy.

All in all, I really don't care because it has nothing to do with us and is an NFC matter. But it was interesting to hear.

This trade made sense for both teams. I'm a little surprised because this type of movement is rare, but the speculation was rampant, even though Detroit said they would not trade him.

The circus in Big D just got crazier.

The Lions have CJ, who is better than Roy. He was a FA who didn't want to be there anymore, and rather than tag him and juggle a soap opera, Detroit did the right thing and unloaded the guy for a lot of picks. These picks will help Detroit lay the foundation of their new team. Their rebuilding begins...

Dallas added more talent, and a compliment to TO, plus another weapon for Romo when he returns. They have stars everywhere and could stand to give up some picks for a proven commodity in Roy.

All in all, I really don't care because it has nothing to do with us and is an NFC matter. But it was interesting to hear.

I've seen a little bit of the Lions this year (partly because CJ is on my fantasy team), and while Johnson is good, I'm not sure he's better than Williams, who is a flat out stud. I can't believe the Cowboys landed him. Talk about the rich getting richer ...

I've seen a little bit of the Lions this year (partly because CJ is on my fantasy team), and while Johnson is good, I'm not sure he's better than Williams, who is a flat out stud. I can't believe the Cowboys landed him. Talk about the rich getting richer ...

Roy Williams has only had one season over 900 yards, only has a career high of 8 tds, and has only played in 16 games once in his career. He quit on the Lions this year. I would bet my life than Johnson will have a much better career than Williams.

Dallas' problem wasn't receivers. They just added a big name to take more balls away from TO, which won't be good for Cowboys. He will B word soon enough (as if playing for Brad Johnson won't make him go crazy). Detroit, for the first time ever, just completely ripped someone off. You can tell Millen is gone.

Roy Williams has only had one season over 900 yards, only has a career high of 8 tds, and has only played in 16 games once in his career. He quit on the Lions this year. I would bet my life than Johnson will have a much better career than Williams.

Dallas' problem wasn't receivers. They just added a big name to take more balls away from TO, which won't be good for Cowboys. He will B word soon enough (as if playing for Brad Johnson won't make him go crazy). Detroit, for the first time ever, just completely ripped someone off. You can tell Millen is gone.

For a bad team with terrible QBs and a himself missing a few games because of injury in three of four seasons, he's averaged 900+ yards a year with 7 tds a year. More than that, watch the games - the guy can play. Also, his numbers are almost *exactly* the same as Evans (900+ yds/year and 7 tds). Who knows whether he really quit on his team, but the same can be said for Moss, Owens, etc.

DEtriot selects Micheal Crabtree WR Texas Tech

:(

Millen would have taken a 6th rounder for him.

For a bad team with terrible QBs and a himself missing a few games because of injury in three of four seasons, he's averaged 900+ yards a year with 7 tds a year. More than that, watch the games - the guy can play. Also, his numbers are almost *exactly* the same as Evans (900+ yds/year and 7 tds). Who knows whether he really quit on his team, but the same can be said for Moss, Owens, etc.

Kitna passed for over 4,000 yards the last 2 seasons and made Mike Furrey a star for a season. And you are completely overlooking the injury factor. I used to think Williams was a beast, but now, he seems completely overrated. The Cowboys just gave up a lot for possibly a one year fix that struggles to stay healthy.

Sounds like a rich getting richer deal, but if you have watched any Cowgirls games this year (and I have cause a friend of mine is a big fan of them) WR is not even close to being a problem for them. TO was already complaining about not getting enough tosses in a game where he had been thrown to about 50% of the teams passes. Adding another WR isn't going to do them any favours when it starts taking away attention from TO or takes away his title as #1 WR.

Why is it that Jerry Jones can make these damn things happen and we CANT

I effin HATE you Dallas

Because JJ doesn't mind getting publicly screwed, I guess.

But, I see what you are saying. Sometimes, you pay too much for something you really want and think you really need. When it works, it's genius. Unfortunately (or in this case, fortunately) usually deals that seem bad on the surface, turn out to be really bad.

IMO, this may help the Cowboys later in the year, but it is a very good deal for the Lions. Now that Millen is gone, the draft choices may actually mean something.

OMG....Sirius just said that Dallas gave up a 1st, 3rd and a 6th in 09 for Williams and a 7th.

They got freaking robbed!

I believe the Pacman suspension may have fueled this trade. If I remember correctly they will either get a pick or two back from the Titans or not have to surrender an additional pick because of the suspension. I believe there was some kind of clause in the trade that was conditional picks based on performance or playing time. I will try to look it up for confirmation.

"There are also conditions attached to the trade related to Jones being reinstated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and how much he plays for the Cowboys. If he plays a significant amount of time in 2008, the Titans will get an additional pick from the Cowboys in 2009.

If he doesn't get reinstated by the NFL, sources said the Cowboys get the Titans' fourth-round pick in 2009.

Also, Pacman has reached a financial settlement with the Titans regarding his contract situation. ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported that Jones will forgo the $1.25 million performance bonus that he earned in 2005. Instead of repaying the Titans a portion of his signing bonus, he has agreed to make a $500,000 donation to a charity of the Titans' choice within the next two years.

Jones has agreed to a restructured contract with the Cowboys. Sources told Werder that it will be a four-year contract with no guaranteed money. By restructuring instead of transferring his existing deal, Jones gives up nearly $7 million in guaranteed base salaries over the next three years. "