Brandon Tate - UNC WR - Out of year

ACor58

What a freaking bummer. This kid was on his way towards being a high first round pick. Here is hoping that he can make it all the way back.

Tate scored five touchdowns this season and was leading the Atlantic Coast Conference with 163.7 all-purpose yards per game. He had 376 yards receiving, 143 yards rushing, 305 kickoff return yards and 158 punt return yards.

Through 5 games

Not to mention he is the NCAA all-time leader in combined kick return yardage.

As a local UNC supporter, I really feel for Brandon. The team will go on -- injuries happen -- but this was his opportunity to make a national name for himself heading into next year's draft. For two years he was used exclusively as a returner, but Butch Davis gave him the chance to play WR last year and he had become a threat to take it the distance every time he touched the ball. Now he'll just be rehabbing and hoping he hasn't lost his explosiveness.

One bad hit from a ND helmet probably cost this kid millions of dollars.

As an NC State grad and rabid fan of the NCSU Wolfpack, this news, while horrible for the guy, is great for other teams in the ACC. I can't stand UNC and all their fair weather fans. That being said, I hope this isn't a career ender for the kid. He looked solid and hopefully he can recover and have another great season next year.

As an NC State grad and rabid fan of the NCSU Wolfpack, this news, while horrible for the guy, is great for other teams in the ACC. I can't stand UNC and all their fair weather fans. That being said, I hope this isn't a career ender for the kid. He looked solid and hopefully he can recover and have another great season next year.

That's a pretty typical statement from a State grad. It's got to be disheartening to look 30 miles down the road and see a school that does just about everything better than yours does. At least you've got us beat when it comes to analysis of cow manure and turf management.

That's a pretty typical statement from a State grad. It's got to be disheartening to look 30 miles down the road and see a school that does just about everything better than yours does. At least you've got us beat when it comes to analysis of cow manure and turf management.

And to think I used to enjoy reading your posts. That being said, you would have been just as happy had Phil Rivers been out during one of those seasons where we were regularly kicking your butts in football. As for the "does just about everything better," there's room to disagree on that as well.

All that being the case, at least we can agree that the Bills are looking better this year. Maybe we can win a championship that both of us can be happy about.

And to think I used to enjoy reading your posts. That being said, you would have been just as happy had Phil Rivers been out during one of those seasons where we were regularly kicking your butts in football. As for the "does just about everything better," there's room to disagree on that as well.

All that being the case, at least we can agree that the Bills are looking better this year. Maybe we can win a championship that both of us can be happy about.

Damn; I really hate finding common ground with State fans. :(