Obama's 95% Illusion

So you're one of the 10% of the country that thinks we're headed in the right direction and/or Bush did a good job? :wallbash:

No. That is the same nonsense that E.I.L. posted. You are kidding, right?

Bush had a Secretary of Labor who employed an illegal alien as a nanny. Another proposed that police officers become salaried employees and receive no overtime pay. He flew back from Albania to twist arms for support for the Amnesty Bill, and this only scratches the surface of what I don't like about Bush.

Did I support him? Yes. Was I mistaken? Yes, but the alternative was also pretty dismal. People can rag on AD as they wish. He is a big boy and can take care of himself, but I give him credit for not being brainwashed like many others on this board.

In terms of Palin, she is probably no worse than any of these candidates. McCain and Biden have 100 years of bad experience, and Obama is a novice much like Sarah. To expect him to look out for my interests would make me naive imo. If he wins, I hope to be wrong.

PS: Have I made it clear enough how I feel about McCain? :thumbsup:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In those twelve years, what do you see that he has done that will make him a good president?

Convince the most people, win the most primary votes, raise the most money, pick the best team and advisers to surround him and prepare him, run the best campaign, answer the most questions with thought, become perhaps the most well known and popular person in the world right now, win the most debates, show the most talent and charisma, take the most high roads, give the best and most thought-provoking speeches, handle the most pressure with grace, beat the toughest and most successful politicians of our time, inspire the most people, and confound the most republicans of anyone anywhere.

If you don't think (most) every one of those things are essential to being President, and clear evidence of genuine smarts and political shrewdness/talent, you don't follow politics much.

In terms of Palin, she is probably no worse than any of these candidates. McCain and Biden have 100 years of bad experience, and Obama is a novice much like Sarah. To expect him to look out for my interests would make me naive imo. If he wins, I hope to be wrong.

PS: Have I made it clear enough how I feel about McCain? :thumbsup:

No, Palin is an uneducated moron, and a disgrace to intelligence and the position of Vice President, or God forbid, President of the United States.

The Austin PD is WAY more important. I care a lot about the way they treat chronic law breakers.

Oh yeah, I TOTALLY would vote based off of that too.

I guess you didn't hear, but Benson was acquitted on all charges. Just FYI.

Oh yeah, I TOTALLY would vote based off of that too.

I guess you didn't hear, but Benson was acquitted on all charges. Just FYI.

What is it with boating? People get on a boat... The first thing that goes on are the blinders... Then the: "I don't have to listen to anyone." Attitude.

You wanna see how America really thinks... Come watch the boats get through... It is like watching a bunch of 3 years olds. And the older Baby-Boomers are usually the worst.

:thumbsup::wallbash:

Convince the most people, win the most primary votes, raise the most money, pick the best team and advisers to surround him and prepare him, run the best campaign, answer the most questions with thought, become perhaps the most well known and popular person in the world right now, win the most debates, show the most talent and charisma, take the most high roads, give the best and most thought-provoking speeches, handle the most pressure with grace, beat the toughest and most successful politicians of our time, inspire the most people, and confound the most republicans of anyone anywhere.

If you don't think (most) every one of those things are essential to being President, and clear evidence of genuine smarts and political shrewdness/talent, you don't follow politics much.

All of those may be considered great accomplishments. But if you ignore how heactually voted in the senate, whom he considered associates and friends. Does it all add up to being able to run the greatest country in the world? S far as most of your list goes, those are YOUR opinion. It doesn't mae it anymore true or false. Just an opinion.

All of those may be considered great accomplishments. But if you ignore how heactually voted in the senate, whom he considered associates and friends. Does it all add up to being able to run the greatest country in the world? S far as most of your list goes, those are YOUR opinion. It doesn't mae it anymore true or false. Just an opinion.

We have been through this before here, but looking at someone's voting record is one of the very worst ways to know what a congressman or any politician feels about any issue. Unless you can read the actual bill, know its history, know what favors were asked or given, know which other considerations were added or subtracted that have nothing to do with the bill, know what promises were given for what and when, and know the political capital or climate was at the time of the signing of the bill, you have no idea what he or she believes.

Furthermore that 96% voted liberal in the Senate is nonsense, and untrue. And especially the outright lie that he is the most liberal. That (non)fact is based on a biased table of votes from a magazine, The National Journal, where a huge portion of votes are just ignored. In 2006 he was the 10th most liberal, and in 2005 the 16th most liberal, even for that magazine. And other ratings systems rate him less liberal than that.

"On votes where President Bush indicated his position, Congressional Quarterly found Obama supported the Republican president 40 percent of the time in 2007, which put Obama in the middle of the pack for Democrats. He supported Bush 49 percent the previous year."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/748/

Of course! He was innocent. And, he will never get arrested ever again, by any department. Right? :thumbsup::wallbash:

Oh, I forgot, the cops are always 100% right and we shouldn't have a legal system int he country. It's just a waste of time. Excuse me.

I also forgot that any future crime proves guilt on any previous charges. My bad.

Seriously Bill, there were eye witnesses saying that the Cops were wrong and he was acquitted on all charges. You're showing your police bias here.

Oh, I forgot, the cops are always 100% right and we shouldn't have a legal system int he country. It's just a waste of time. Excuse me.

I also forgot that any future crime proves guilt on any previous charges. My bad.

Seriously Bill, there were eye witnesses saying that the Cops were wrong and he was acquitted on all charges. You're showing your police bias here.

The thing is, I don't wish him harm.

This wasn't his first arrest and it won't be his last. Forgive me if I totally don't care what happens to him.

There is a difference.

Well done sir.

You are unbelievable.

Obama is a breed apart from anything you've ever seen in politics. Fitting right in with your WAKE-UP thread. You have never seen anything like this guy, ever, in charge of this country. He is going to redefine the job, if you ask my opinion. I'm glad the majority of the country can see things a bit more clearly than you.

The funny thing to me is, that Bush has made an incredible amount of mistakes and bad moves over these last years. Even a large share of his most ardent supporters seem to think so. He's been a disaster, and if he just tossed a coin on each decision he made, he would have been 10x better. And George Bush is a combination of Stephen Hawking, William Buckley and George Will compared to Sarah Palin.

that's a classic :thumbsup:

The thing is, I don't wish him harm.

This wasn't his first arrest and it won't be his last. Forgive me if I totally don't care what happens to him.

There is a difference.

Never said you did wish him harm, and I wouldn't doubt if it wasn't his last arrest (as the statistics show that it wasn't that way).

What I *did* assert in this instance is that APD could have overstepped their bounds.

You are unbelievable.

Obama is a breed apart from anything you've ever seen in politics.

Hows that? Because he's the ultimate marketer?

Fitting right in with your WAKE-UP thread. You have never seen anything like this guy, ever, in charge of this country. He is going to redefine the job, if you ask my opinion. I'm glad the majority of the country can see things a bit more clearly than you.

Which is EXACTLY what we don't need (and was done by W).

there's not a lot about KFBD's list that's subjective. Obama isn't perfect, but he's way better than anyone he's run against.

Right now McCain and his campaign are all over the map. Just witness today; Lindsey Graham says McCain will have major economic plans announced in the coming days, his campaign says that's not true and there will be no announcements, then later today, changed their mind again, said there would be new economic plans announced. That's just today, but it shows how much confusion there is in his campaign.

He can't raise as much money, he can't draw the crowds, he can't win debates (by much of anyone's vote...), it's pretty clear there is no agreement on much within his campaign, he/his team make critical mistakes at times (i.e. changing his mortgage rescue plan from the banks eating the difference to the taxpayers in 24 hours), he's known as a hothead, etc. etc.,