Howard Stern: is satellite radio making him irrelevent?

PromoTheRobot

I've listened to the show for years. I think that Howard is simply in a much happier place in his life, which may not be condusive to being "relevent." He's been in three-times-a-week therapy for years (making him a much calmer, happier guy), signed a contract for $500 million and just married a super model. Yeah, that's irrelevent, for sure.

When I tune in it's just to hear old friends do their thing. I don't care if "A" listers don't come on - give me Eric the Midget anyday.

Can I have $500 million and a supermodel too?

Can I have $500 million and a supermodel too?

Reminds about the time I was getting my hair cut and was bitching to the barber how much football players got paid for playing a game. He said until he can get 70,000 to pay top dollar to watch him cut hair there was not much he could do. Well played.

The point of the article is that A-list celebrities don't bother getting on the Stern show like they once used to, and he doesn't make news like he once did because of his FCC troubles. No one disputes he has more money than god now.

PTR

They actually brought up this article on the show yesterday. Apparently some guy from the NY Post wrote a similar article a few years ago. Anyway, Baba booey had a good point, the A-list celebrities that they brought up that were on when he was on terrestrial radio were names of people that appeared over like a five year period. The guest examples they used in the article from satellite appeared over the past few months. Gary rattled off some names of celebrities that have been on the show since Howard moved to Sirius and the names were comparable to the names in the article from the terrestrial radio days.

Stern has been irrelevant for many years, IMO. When is the last time he did anything interesting?

I second that emotion. Lesb!an, dw@rf, n@zi, jello wrestling, cigar smoking, f@rting n@ked nymphos might be interesting for the 1st 100 times, but after 250 times or so, the novelty wears off (beeeeeeeeeelch).