Great optimism from Bill's Blogger

DaGimp

The Boss kid in Giants land was a one year wonder and TE is a VERY upgradable position for the Jersey Giants. As for the 2009 draft being the best ever, wow, I don't see it, but ya never know. You never like to part with draft choices, but it's just been so damn long since we've had a great TE around here, even just for 2-3 seasons.........

They aren't asking Boss to do that much, this year. I believe he is quite capable, though. But, there are very few NFL teams for whom Tony G wouldn't be an upgrade at TE.

I'm actually more surprise that most teams aren't interested in Gonzo, than I am that the Giants are.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sporting news has it a 3rd rounder...?

Why is this even a question? If the reality is he wants an instant contender than the Giants make sense. If he just wants out completely then its a different story.

If he is willing to play anywhere, Buffalo is as good as any.

They aren't asking Boss to do that much, this year. I believe he is quite capable, though. But, there are very few NFL teams for whom Tony G wouldn't be an upgrade at TE.

I'm actually more surprise that most teams aren't interested in Gonzo, than I am that the Giants are.

Maybe teams dont want to pay his ransom. Thats the only thing I could think of. And its not like we dont have the money. he is a vet who would not upset the locker room dynamic. Could be a great tool for a young and up and coming QB.

Why is this even a question? If the reality is he wants an instant contender than the Giants make sense. If he just wants out completely then its a different story.

If he is willing to play anywhere, Buffalo is as good as any.

Because he is not a Free Agent. Where he wants to go may play a part in the trade, but the trade is with KC, not Tony G. The report is, he wants to go to a contender. KC is clearly not one. I'm guessing he'd rather go to the Giants. But, if the Bills make KC a better offer (more than just a little better), I'm guessing they will take what is best for the team.

Judging from all the articles, and all the trade speculation, Tony G asked to be traded to a contender. So, KC is probably only talking to teams that look like they are contenders. Right now, at 4-1, in first place in the AFC East, Buffalo is FAR different than "anywhere"...they are an up-and-coming young contender. Tony G makes them even more of a contender.

Maybe teams dont want to pay his ransom. Thats the only thing I could think of. And its not like we dont have the money. he is a vet who would not upset the locker room dynamic. Could be a great tool for a young and up and coming QB.

I agree that he wouldn't be likely to upset the locker room. I think he would fit in very well with this bunch. I think Gonzo would like this team, and the coaches...just a guess, mind you. And, I'm pretty sure, most of the team would be very jazzed. This tells them, the FO is willing to go get the few final pieces, and believes NOW is the time.

Because he is not a Free Agent. Where he wants to go may play a part in the trade, but the trade is with KC, not Tony G. The report is, he wants to go to a contender. KC is clearly not one. I'm guessing he'd rather go to the Giants. But, if the Bills make KC a better offer (more than just a little better), I'm guessing they will take what is best for the team.

Judging from all the articles, and all the trade speculation, Tony G asked to be traded to a contender. So, KC is probably only talking to teams that look like they are contenders. Right now, at 4-1, in first place in the AFC East, Buffalo is FAR different than "anywhere"...they are an up-and-coming young contender. Tony G makes them even more of a contender.

You get no argument from me there. This is win win if you ask me. We have a 3rd rounder sittin on the bench right now at a position we sorely need help at. Ellis cant be worse then Copeland.

I agree that he wouldn't be likely to upset the locker room. I think he would fit in very well with this bunch. I think Gonzo would like this team, and the coaches...just a guess, mind you. And, I'm pretty sure, most of the team would be very jazzed. This tells them, the FO is willing to go get the few final pieces, and believes NOW is the time.

I agree. Not only does it make sense on the field but it sends a statement to this team and the rest of the league.

It says that we believe that we can win it all.

Such optimism coming from One Bills Drive:

"In light of the AFC picture right now, I don’t think it’s realistic to say the Bills are a playoff contender and Gonzalez would make them that much more formidable. But if the Chiefs are looking for a first-round pick and change, that’s a lot to give up."

Chris Brown

BuffaloBills.com

Here's the actual quote from One Bills Drive:

In light of the AFC picture right now, I don’t think it’s unrealistic to say the Bills are a playoff contender and Gonzalez would make them that much more formidable. But if the Chiefs are looking for a first-round pick and change, that’s a lot to give up.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/10/13/gonzalez-update/

In light of the AFC picture right now, I don’t think it’s unrealistic to say the Bills are a playoff contender and Gonzalez would make them that much more formidable. But if the Chiefs are looking for a first-round pick and change, that’s a lot to give up.

That makes more sense.

He must of realized his "mistake" and changed it. What I posted was the original quote.

dagimp should be spanked for this one. It's one thing to edit what someone here says, quite another to do it to a 'professional'.

Except that isn't an official quote from One Bills Drive. Nice try, though.

While Chris Brown is paid by the Bills, he is not the spokesperson for the Bills' FO.

With that said, i think Brown really meant they aren't likely to be much of a contender in the playoffs (that is, they won't go deep). But, either way, this is in no way an "official stance".

BTW, here is the REAL Chris Brown quote (and link)

If I were a mod, I would instantly ban Captain Quint.

dagimp should be spanked for this one. It's one thing to edit what someone here says, quite another to do it to a 'professional'.

Don't know if you're being serious or not, but Chris Brown's original post was incorrect, and Dagimp simply copied it.

In no way did I edit his blog post. My quote was the original post. Brown changed it. And I did not claim it was the Bills stance just that it comes from One Bills Drive-he does work for them.

While Chris Brown is paid by the Bills, he is not the spokesperson for the Bills' FO.

With that said, i think Brown really meant they aren't likely to be much of a contender in the playoffs (that is, they won't go deep). But, either way, this is in no way an "official stance".

What I'm saying is that the original quoter changed the quote from saying that it "wasn't unrealistic" to "wasn't realistic".

Sort of defeats the purpose of his post if it was to rag on the front office or Chris Brown.

BTW, here is the REAL Chris Brown quote (and link)

If I were a mod, I would instantly ban Captain Quint.

EDIT: And I TOTALLY screwed it up. Apologies to Quint, who would not be banned if I were a mod.

But, for future reference, Brown is not the spokesperson for OBD.

Is all now well?

What I'm saying is that the original quoter changed the quote from saying that it "wasn't unrealistic" to "wasn't realistic".

Sort of defeats the purpose of his post if it was to rag on the front office or Chris Brown.

Got it, My bad, very bad.

Time to go do some work.