Great optimism from Bill's Blogger

DaGimp

Such optimism coming from One Bills Drive:

"In light of the AFC picture right now, I don’t think it’s realistic to say the Bills are a playoff contender and Gonzalez would make them that much more formidable. But if the Chiefs are looking for a first-round pick and change, that’s a lot to give up."

Chris Brown

BuffaloBills.com

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"In light of the AFC picture right now, I don’t think it’s realistic to say the Bills are a playoff contender and Gonzalez would make them that much more formidable. But if the Chiefs are looking for a first-round pick and change, that’s a lot to give up."

Chris Brown

BuffaloBills.com

I think he may want to rephrase his statement. In light of the AFC picture right now, I think it’s very realistic to say the Bills are a playoff contender.

Chris Brown

BuffaloBills.com

Huh?

I'll add that there's no need to worry about losing Jackson should a trade happen, it wouldn't make any sense for anybody. I would add McCargo plus a draft pick to make it happen though. With the ball control improvement Tony G would offer, we could probably get by with 3 DT's or bring up a guy from the practice squad or off the street. I mean, the guy wouldn't have much to live up to. And don't even mention the McCargo/flashes of brilliance crap posted around here. How in the hell is shooting a gap completely UNBLOCKED and getting a tackle for a loss brilliant?!?!?! Someone please explain it to me. That's all the guy has done, a few times. Teams don't even think he needs to be blocked and oh wow, McCargo makes a tackle!!! Wooooooooo!!!! I'm willing to cut my losses personally.

If Moss went for a 4th and Owens went for a 2nd, no friggin way does Gonzo warrant a"1st and change" offer a 2nd or 3rd and watch how fast they jump. They need to seriously re build and would take all the draft picks they could get.

just reported that the Giants offered a 6th round pick and got denied. so we're no where NEAR a 1st or 2nd rounder.

just reported that the Giants offered a 6th round pick and got denied. so we're no where NEAR a 1st or 2nd rounder.

A 1st rounder and change simply won't happen, IMO, and if it does it won't be the Bills. The Giant's 6th round offer may have just been reported, but it is day-old news. A 3rd, a 3rd and change, a 3rd conditional to a 2nd, MAYBE even a 2nd, is likely where the deal will be done IF the deal is done.

All, of course, IMO.

The ticker tape at the bottom of the NFL Network last night said the Chiefs were asking for a 3rd.

If that's true, this deal should be done, by now...unless there is a little bidding war.

Saw Charlie Cassely on the CBS pregame show yesterday. He said that the Chiefs will indeed settle for a 3rd rounder. When asked why some team hasn't already jumped on that, Casserly pointed out that the 2009 draft class is expected to be the best EVER. That is because so many juniors are expected to declare themselves draft-eligible because the the subsequent collective bargaining agreement is expected to put a heavy cap on rookies.

A 1st rounder and change simply won't happen, IMO, and if it does it won't be the Bills. The Giant's 6th round offer may have just been reported, but it is day-old news. A 3rd, a 3rd and change, a 3rd conditional to a 2nd, MAYBE even a 2nd, is likely where the deal will be done IF the deal is done.

All, of course, IMO.

I see why the Giants would make an offer, but that kid Boss was great for them last year. Is he hurt or something?

Anyway if they take the 3rd, offer it, NOW! Thats a small price to pay for a 1st ballot HOF with at least 2-3 good years left.

The Boss kid in Giants land was a one year wonder and TE is a VERY upgradable position for the Jersey Giants. As for the 2009 draft being the best ever, wow, I don't see it, but ya never know. You never like to part with draft choices, but it's just been so damn long since we've had a great TE around here, even just for 2-3 seasons.........